π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four

Thirty-One

335 17 2
By pocoyo-yo

A Definite No
_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Are you still boxin', sweetheart?"

I looked over Miss Roselyn as she asked the sudden question while she worked at her desk. I was in her office once again, it was later in the day, and Jeremiah would wander around the building but ultimately end up back in Miss Roselyn's office everytime.

When she told me we would barely have alone time with him around I believed her, but still I didn't think it'd be like this.

"So he boxes." Jeremiah mused sarcastically from the couch.

But I was fine— I would be fine without being intimate with her. I lasted six years without sex, so I could last as long as Jeremiah decided to stick around.

I ignored his comment. ".. I am— I go to the gym every chance I get." I told her simply.

"That's good, I can tell you enjoy it," She smiled softly. ".. and JJ don't talk shit— Dominic is very good at boxin'."

Jeremiah's eyebrows rose in surprise. ".. Oh so you've seen him in action, Rosie?" He scoffed— his tone sounded playful but he was looking at me with squinted eyes.

"Mhm it was entertaining to say the least," Miss Roselyn recalled— she looked up at me and I instantly met her gaze with a newfound sense of eagerness. ".. I'd gladly watch you box again, sweetheart."

I didn't know what to say— well I did but I didn't know whether I should say it.

So all I did was nod. At that point Miss Roselyn wasn't even looking at me anymore. I made a little glance way more than it really was.

".. Alright I need you two out," Miss Roselyn spoke up as she typed on her laptop. ".. I need to finish fillin' out this document. And Dominic, I'll be out there when I'm done— m'gonna leave a little early today."

I sighed, "Alright, Miss Roselyn— you know where I am."

She laughed softly, "Mhm always."

I walked towards the door and I could hear Jeremiah rise from the couch. I opened the door and looked back over my shoulder while waiting for Jeremiah to leave before me.

".. I understand him but me? Rosie, I know how be quiet when needed." He attempted to reason.

She stared at him deadpanned. "JJ, the last thing you know how to do is be quiet. Go wonder the halls, sit around in breakrooms, or leave and go find a hotel to spend your time in Manhatten at. Just don't bother my employees, got it?" Miss Roselyn huffed— she looked like she was looking for something on her desk before she paused, frowned at Jeremiah, and went back to typing.

"You love me, Rosie."

"Got it, Jeremiah?"

"Yeah.. yeah," Jeremiah turned around. ".. got it." He sighed as he left Miss Roselyn's office.

I shut the door behind him and the moment the door seemed to click shut Jeremiah whipped around to look at me.

"Dominic, right?" He grunted.

I nodded, "Yes, Mr. Sawyer— Dominic Pierce."

Jeremiah walked up to me as I took my place next to Miss Roselyn's door.

"How old are you?" He asked.

I replied, ".. I'm twenty-five."

"You're Rosie's youngest yet." Jeremiah pointed out.

I scoffed, "So I've heard."

He then squinted— his brown eyes focused on my face before they went wide.

"You're.. the Pierce boy."

I said it a million times I didn't really care anymore if people knew. I wasn't ashamed.. I don't think I was, but.. Jeremiah knowing— what was his opinion on it? Would he twist the story in his many rants to Miss Roselyn? Did he even know the full story or just believed what was at face value?

"I am." I confirmed.

Then there was a silence.

"I don't like how you work as a bodygaurd," He rummaged through his pocket before he pulled out Miss Roselyn's pack of Black & Milds, and he held it up for me to see. ".. but your case was bullshitwhat you did was justified."

Oh.. oh.

But I didn't know how to respond to that— what do I say.. 'thank you'?

"Does Rosie know what you did?"

There it was.

I murmured, "Somewhat."

"So she knows but she doesn't know," He elaborated as he put the pack of cigarettes back in his pocket, and I nodded— that was the best way to put it. ".. I tell a lot of people's shit— mostly to my sister, but I'm not evil.. that's not my shit to tell."

I blinked in surprise. ".. Thank you, Mr. Sawyer." I thanked him— that was worth a 'thank you'.

Jeremiah grinned, "You're so.. professional, man," He then paused— his grin fading. ".. hey.. why don't you call Rosie 'Miss Sawyer' like everyone else here? You've worked for her for what.. a month? But you get to call her 'Miss Roselyn'." He visibly cringed saying it.

Nobody questioned me on that— it was just normal, but he's her brother and brothers will find anything to pick at.

I explained, "Day One, she told me that I called her 'Miss Sawyer' so much that it annoyed her and to just call her 'Roselyn' instead," I paused— wait.. that's what she meant? I hadn't even realized she implied for me to scratch the 'Miss' too. She never corrected it though— it guess she just went along with it. ".. so I started calling her 'Miss Roselyn'."

Jeremiah chuckled, ".. that shit reminds me of—" He quickly cut himself off and pressed his lips together in a firm line.

I raised a brow, ".. what?"

He shook his head, "Not my shit to tell," Jeremiah then turned around. ".. 'nd if Rosie asks I'm wonderin' around.. definitely not chattin' up Deonna."

I suddenly asked, "Mr. Sawyer, did you know.. Miss Roselyn's first bodyguard?"

He was good bit away from me at that point, but the moment I asked that question his feet stilled.

".. Why?" Jeremiah huffed— looking back at me from over his shoulder.

"Just curiousity.. I'm number fifteen y'know." I replied swiftly.

"That was over a decade ago— I probably only met him once.. 'nd I'm not good with names; only faces." Jeremiah said before he continued his way down the hall and his way out of my sight.

This is the one time I wanted Alistair to bother me— but that wasn't going to happen. He had been couped up in his office since the article's been leaked doing whatever assisstant's do.

It was obvious that Jeremiah knew more than he led on, but I don't why I expected anything from him— the last person who would give me info on Miss Roselyn would be her own brother.

My mind was telling me just to focus on one thing at a time, which was probably smart, but something else was telling me this shit was relevant to what was happening somehow.
And if her first bodyguard really did die— it would explain so much yet bring up so many questions.

I was lost in thought a good minute until I heard Miss Roselyn's office door click before being pulled open.
I looked over to see Miss Roselyn in the doorway with all of her things in hand.

"I'm ready, sweetheart," She said as she shut her office door. ".. is JJ still here?"

I replied, "I think so— he said he was 'wonderin' around'."

She giggled, "Don't bully his accent— 'nd if I don't run into him on the way out I'll text him that I left once you actually drop me off. I need a moment to myself without him."

"You ever give him that suit back, Roselyn?" I asked quietly as we walked down the hallway.

"I did— he stuffed it right in his suitcase so," Her voice fell to a whisper. ".. if you planned on wearing it again I'm sorry."

I scoffed, "It was a little tight anyway."

"Oh," She cracked a smile, ".. not everyone is as muscular as you, hun," She then patted my bicep though her finger-tips lingered there for a couple seconds. ".. so you said you go to the gym after work?"

"Yeah almost always." I hummed.

"Are you goin' tonight, Dominic?" She asked.

I looked down at her before I leaned into her ear, "I plan on it— you want to watch me work out, Roselyn?"

She chew on her bottom lip, "Don't do that knowin' we can't do nothin' for a while."

I chuckled and she stared off to side before I stood upright as we entered the cubicle area.

"Dominic." She muttered.

"Yes, Miss Roselyn?"

She looked up at me with those doe eyes before giving me that pouty smile, "Have fun tonight, sweetheart."

. . .

"Have fun.."

I mumbled her words to myself as my fist landed in the punching bag.

I had dropped Miss Roselyn off a couple hours ago and I hadn't left the gym since— I'd always destressed in this gym but ever since we made our agreement I spent less time here.

Now, of course, we couldn't fuck our stress away, so I was at the gym longer again.

"Dominic, don't you have work tomorrow?" Coach Trevor asked as he walked into the area.

"Yeah," I hit the punching bag with a huff. ".. it's fine though."

"It ain't fine f'me— it's almost 12 in the morning." He murmured.

I grunted, "I'll leave if you want me to leave, Coach." I swung at the punching bag once more.

"Not if you're this fustrated you aren't." Coach Trevor sighed as he approached me.

I paused and looked at him. "I'm a grown man I won't go an act out if I'm 'fustrated'," I rolled my eyes and focused on the the roughed up leather of the punching bag. "and I'm not.. fustrated." I muttered— not the fustrated he was thinking anyway.

Coach Trevor squinted before he went and held the punching bag.

"Alright then," He sighed. ".. three more punches— get 'em in and make 'em count."

I wiped the sweat from my brows and looked down at my gloves— the sharpie signature of Miss Roselyn glistened in the dim light of the gym.
It was after closing hours so as a way to not attract people Coach Trevor kept the lights low.

And I guess Coach Trevor was right, about going home anyway, I start my day early but at the same time I've worked on sleepless nights before.
Sleeping— it would be better to sleep knowing how serious the situaton was with Miss Roselyn because like she's told me before I can't protect her if I'm not doing my best physically.

One.

And Jeremiah showing up— not giving Miss Roselyn a lick of privacy.
But the fact Jeremiah came to Manhatten shows that he may know about Miss Roselyn's first bodyguard but he didn't know about the threats Miss Roselyn had been receiving for however long.

Two.

The least concerning thing was our intimacy with one another but it helped— I enjoyed it and Miss Roselyn enjoyed it. I like seeing her feel good; I like feeling her feel good.
I've barely seen her pick up a cigarette since we came to our agreement. I know Miss Roselyn prefered that I didn't think of myself like that and I don't. At the same she smoked to destress stress just like we had sex to destress— but she cared for me and saw me as a person.

I wanted to please her again— how long had it been since the last time.. three days?

Fucking fuck— now I sound like horny teenager; nothing like a man who was practically celibate for six damn years.

Three.

I panted— staring at the dent in the punching bag before I let my fist fall to my side.

"Did you meet a woman?"

I furrowed my brows— my gaze traveling around the punching bag to Coach Trevor.

"What?" I questioned.

"I tore a wall down because of you and girls— I met almost all of your girlfriends back in the day. I know just based off your methods when a girl is the center of your attention," Coach Trevor explained— letting go of the punching bag and scratching the side of his neck. ".. you pull your punches for one, and you flex your muscles for a second like some kid."

I didn't reply and Coach stared at me before he began to laugh, "I think I'm right!"

I scoffed, "I'm not dating anyone or plan to, Coach."

Coach Trevor nudged my shoulder, ".. Oh so you're a player again? You got a little cute thing that you call up here and there?"

I clicked my tongue, "I'm going to shower then I'll leave."

".. So that's a yes." He snickered.

"Coach, that's a—"

I hesistated for a moment.

"— a definite no."

2,120 words.

Okayyyy Dominic (all bro think about is her)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 1.7K 40
Tate Carter. She thought she escaped it all. That everything that had haunted her for years was behind her. No one who knew her before could ever com...
38.9K 2.9K 55
She was never scared of heights. Avery Woodsen has spent years clawing her way up the political ladder. She's fought and sacrificed to get where she...
9.5M 254K 89
πŸ–€Book 1 of the 'Blackstone' seriesπŸ–€ β€’ β€’ β€’ πŸ”₯Highest RankingπŸ”₯ #1: -Agegap -Assistant -Boss -Daddy -Employee -Flirting -Lust -Raunchy -Submissive #2...
16.2K 373 71
An 18+ SEQUEL TO DANCING WITH THE DEVIL Description: Diya tries to navigate what it's like dating a CEO. She struggles to accept this businessman's l...