π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four

Thirty

364 17 2
By pocoyo-yo

Protective
_________________________________________

ROSELYN

"He's trending— on the cover of every news article."

I ranted to Alistair through my phone as I sat in the backseat of the work baby while Dominic drove to the company.

"Maybe this for the better, Miss Saywer," Alistair replied. ".. this takes the attention off of your back for a bit."

I sighed, "I'd agree with you if Jeremiah didn't tell the press that he was here to 'support my big sister durin' this rough and nervewrackin' time'," I pouted and rested my head against the seat while I stared out of the window. ".. every damn article may have his face on it but they're all really talkin' about me."

Alistair then added, "Last time Jeremiah was here he was all over the company like an inspector and he was just visiting you for fun," He paused with a sigh. ".. now Jeremiah actually has somewhat of a reason to snoop around— should we expect him today, Miss Sawyer?"

I frowned, ".. Definitely," Dominic then turned into the parking lot of the office. ".. oh we're here— I talk to you inside, Alistair. "

"Alright Miss Saywer, see you then."

I hung up the phone and Dominic swiftly eased into a parking space close to the entrance of the office.
I could see two or three journalists lurking— seeming to perk up at the sight of my work baby. Security stood outside of the doors while I collected my things and Dominic parked.

"JJ is gonna give you a hard time, sweetheart," I warned Dominic. ".. so.. I'm sorry in advance."

Dominic looked back at me. "It's fine, Roselyn. I work for you— all that matters to me is if you approve of how I do things." He sighed and got out of the car— shutting the door behind him.

I stared at my lap and held my phone tight in my hands— right, I was his boss.

The car door opened and Dominic stood there with his hand out for me to grab. I held it as I got out of the car and Dominic shut the door and locked my worked baby before we continiued to the entrance.

"Miss Sawyer, how to you feel about Mr. Jeremiah Sawyer's arrival?!"

Security was on them like that— forcing the journalists further away from me than they initially were.

"Miss Sawyer, does Mr. Jeremiah Sawyer know what's really happening?!"

I didn't bother to give them a glance and Dominic was hovering over me anyway (which I think played a factor in them staying as far away as they did to begin with) so I doubt they got a good look or decent pictures.

Dominic held open the door for me and gestured for me to go ahead first. I entered the building and chewed on my bottom lip— I already had to deal with Jeremiah at my home I didn't want to deal with him here.

Not now— not today.

"Goodmorning, Miss Sawyer," Deonna said from behind the front desk. ".. goodmoring Dominic."

I walked up to her and Dominic followed. "Goodmorning, Deonna." I smiled and Dominic said the same.

"I heard about Jeremiah.. so he's actually here?" She murmured as she typed on her computer.

"He is," I leaned slightly towards her and whispered. ".. but don't worry he hasn't mentioned you."

I cared for Deonna, truly, I did but the subtle extra treatment I gave her was really due to outside influence.

"Miss Roselyn, let's go up, yeah?" Dominic hummed while he adjusted his watch.

I nodded, "Alright, hun. You have a good day, Deonna—"

"— I'm not late, am I?"

I frowned at the sarcasm laced his words, I loved my baby brother, I really did..

I turned around and Jeremiah looked at me for a moment before his gaze turned into a glare and the glare found Dominic.
He wasn't a fan, he made it clear, said that as my bodygaurd Dominic should have never let it get as bad as its gotten. But it was already bad before I hired him and honestly it wasn't Dominic's fault.

"Jeremiah," I muttered as the entrance door closed behind him. He was dressed in a suit— like he actually worked here or something. ".. when I left my condo you were asleep— how the hell.."

.. but, my god, he was protective.

"Rosie, I have my ways," Jeremiah hummed— his hands in his pockets as he walked up the front desk. ".. and you make it sound like I'm a bum— I insisted on the couch, but you gave me a guest bedroom 'cause you love me so much, big sis."

I rolled my eyes, "You are a bum 'til you get out of my house."

Jeremiah nonchalantly stood between Dominic and I— leaning over Deonna's desk while he chuckled.

Dominic furrowed his brows— I could tell he was taken aback, and by the way  his teeth dug into his inner cheek he was also offended. Any other time Dominic would of said something, made a snarky remark, but this time 'round he didn't. I could only assume it was because Jeremiah was my brother— he didn't was to possibly disrespect me by disrespecting him.

"Goodmornin' Deonna— s'nice to see you again. You look beautiful today," Jeremiah grinned— his eyes were practically shimmering. ".. have you been okay? My sister treatin' you good?"

Deonna smiled softly, "Thank you Jeremiah. I've doing been good, and Miss Sawyer treats me great— like always."

That outside influence that caused me to add to Deonna's treatment was also known as Jeremiah-Joseph Sawyer.

"Yeah," Jeremiah clicked his tongue and his eyes never left her even when Deonna put her attention on her computer. ".. yeah that's good."

Jeremiah's very obvious crush on Deonna was.. something.
I made it clear to him that he wasn't going to go around and fuck my employees which sounds hypocrytical now but the point still stands.
Though it was sort of sweet to look at— still he'd get so wrapped up with her that I'd have more freedom when he came to visit.

Deonna though, she always said she wouldn't persue him because it would give her the wrong look, and she wasn't wrong. I was already slyly doing what she feared because I promised Jeremiah she'd be appriciated (she already was) and protected (she already was), so that when he came for a visit he'd 'get to see her pretty face happy' while he disturbed my workplace.

Dominic swiped his tongue over his teeth before he walked around Jeremiah towards me. Dominic said, "C'mon lets go, Miss Roselyn."

"Yeah okay.." I nodded— Dominic taking his spot close next to me.

"Wait I'll catch the elevator with you Rosie—"

"— Jeremiah," Deonna spoke up— glancing over at me and giving me a small thumbs up. ".. did I tell you that you look very handsome today? Navy is your color."

"..You think?" Jeremiah mumured with wide eyes.

Deonna pouted, "So you doubt my opinion, Jeremiah?"

"Nah never."

I scoffed at the sight— Deonna was a life saver in more ways than one.

. . .

"Jeremiah won't care that I'm in here with you?"

Dominic questioned while he stood by office door.

"Oh hun he'll care," I replied as I leaned back in my chair. ".. but it's normal and what's he gonna do anyway?"

"You're the CEO." Dominic muttered with a scoff.

I smiled back, "So I can do whatever I want."

I glanced down at my desk and traced my fingers over the wood. I needed to get my nails done again— definitely not now with what was happening but hopefully soon.
I chewed on my bottom lip and I could hear Dominic's footsteps as he approached my desk.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"What're you thinking about, Roselyn?" He asked simply.

I looked up at him through my lashes. "What brought that on?" I questioned with a giggle.

"The face you're making," Dominic explained. ".. sorry if I'm prying."

I shook my head. "No you're fine," I pouted. ".. and I guess everything— particularly what I should do when things calm down."

Dominic's green eyes fell hooded as he gave me his full attention. I didn't like when he looked at me like that just anytime and anywhere— those were his 'fuck me' eyes.

He then raised a brow. "What do you have in mind?" He asked.

"Getting my nails redone and you gettin' those studs," I paused as I remembered that Dominic had worked here for about a month now— I swear it felt longer. ".. you've been my bodygaurd for pretty much month— does it feel that long for you, hun?" I asked him with a hum.

I could see him counting the days in his head once I told him then his eyes widened just a bit.

"Not at all," He scoffed— just now realizing it really had only been a month (not even). ".. way longer actually."

I nodded in agreement.

"Rosie," The muffled voice of Jeremiah along with a sudden knock on the door filled the office. ".. can I come in?"

I rolled my eyes. "Let him in, Dominic." I grumbled quietly.

Dominic walked over towards the door and opened it for Jeremiah. He strolled in like he owned the place— I know Deonna did her best but I wished she could of distracted him a bit longer.

"You've done some remodeling," Jeremiah murmured as he looked around my office. He gestured my miniature fountain of Aphrodite which resided on of my shelves. ".. that's.. something— Momma would love it actually. You should call her 'nd Dad more— they worry 'bout you."

I stared at the fountain for a moment— the water running down the stone sculpture. That was something Momma would like— I didn't even think to get her anything when I went to Greece last year.

"Mhm," I glanced at Dominic and bit my bottom lip. ".. can you give us a minute, sweetheart?" I asked him in a soft tone.

"Of course, Miss Roselyn." Dominic said with a slight nod as he left the room.

Jeremiah glared until the door clicked shut behind him.
"Thank god— Rosie, there's something off about that one," Jeremiah groaned as he took a seat on my couch in my office. ".. he's hidin' something from you— I know 'cause I used to do it all the time."

He let his head fall back into the cushions— fanning himself with his shirt.

"I'm fully aware," I replied— my focus turning back to my work. I admitted it a lot but I hated to admitt it as well— Dominic was a distraction. ".. but he does his job well. I don't pry with him and he doesn't pry with me, vise versa, I understand the want for privacy unlike most people, JJ."

"If that was a shot at me then you have no right, Rosie," He sat up straight and I could feel his eyes on me. ".. you barely call me, text me, shit send me a email— so yeah, I'm gonna evade your privacy a bit." Jeremiah clicked his tongue.

I frowned, "I'm a grown woman and you're a grown man— I don't need to text my baby brother goodmorning and goodnight everyday."

Jeremiah rolled his eyes, "Honest to god I don't care if you don't talk to me for months but Momma? Shit just knowin' you talk to her would satisfy me so just call her more.. or start to," He paused and I looked at him with squinted eyes— his eyebrows were furrowed and I could see his fustration. ".. I talked to her before I flew out here— she was worried sick. All Momma does is read up on you to at least get a decent idea of how you're doin'— that shit ain't right and you know it."

I sighed, "I.. I know but I'm tryin' to handle this situation right now so—"

"— I would hope this 'situation' hasn't been happenin' since you moved to Manhatten." Jeremiah said sharply.

"Oh please I talked her then," I huffed. "..every damn day actually 'cause I didn't know what I was doin' out here. I guarantee she remembers those nights."

Jeremiah hummed, "Maybe," He then stood up and cracked his knuckles. ".. but when was the last time you went back home for the holidays? Not facetime, a phone call, or a card in the mail but physically went back home?"

I didn't reply— it had been a while.. a long while, since I stepped foot that my childhood home.

"See? I know you miss their cookin'—"

"— You know I don't miss that town," I corrected him. ".. you don't either. It held us back then made us it's pride 'nd joy. The first chance I had a flew to New York from Mississippi 'nd Momma 'nd Dad were mad at me for it, but still, I made it out here. And you.. you ran off to Florida, built some fancy resort in Miami, and now you just party."

Jeremiah chuckled, "We went 'bout our ways of success differently, Rosie, don't shame me for it," He walked up to my desk. ".. did I hit a nerve? Your real accents slippin'. But m'sorry if I did 'cause I really did come here to support you, Roselyn."

Jeremiah's eyes landed on the pack of Black & Milds on my desk.
He scowled, "You didn't smoke 'til you moved here.. back home it was just weed here or there, but now you just do it all."

"JJ don't start this—"

"— And that bodygaurd what does he do 'bout this? I bet he lights yo' ciggarettes, huh?" He grumbled— taking the pack and holding it up.

"He does 'nd he does it well," I said before I stood up. ".. believe me he's not a fan either, but I'm a grown woman 'nd I'm his boss— it's very rare for him to get to tell me no."

I left from behind my desk and Jeremiah stuffed the pack of Black & Milds in the pocket of his suit.
I can't believe I forgot to hide them in drawer before I got Dominic to let him in.

"Where are you goin'..?" Jeremiah questioned and I rolled my eyes.

To get my damn bodygaurd.

"To get Dominic—"

Shit.

Why'd the words come out like that?

"Well aren't you buddy-buddy," Jeremiah hummed and I looked back at him right as I was about to open the door. ".. how long he been workin' for you?"

"A month."

"A month," He scoffed. "..'nd you already callin' him by his name 'nd givin' him petnames?"

"I've always called people petnames, s'just me." I corrected instantly.

Jeremiah grinned, "Just seein' if you'd heasitate— so what? We goin' bodyguard searchin' now?"

God, he didn't know shit about bodyguards.

"JJ, Dominic's right outside my door— he ain't going nowhere,"

I gripped the doorhandle with smile.

".. my work baby knows better than that."

2,465 words.

CHAPTER 30!!!

barely any Dominic

JJ wants Dee real bad bru

Dominic has offically been promoted to 'work baby'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584 61 11
π–€“π˜Ό π——π—˜π—¦π—œ π—₯π—’π— π—”π—‘π—–π—˜πŸ₯€ AMAYA EVAN'S the top businesswoman of NYC, blessed with a goddess face and cursed with a past that she cannot escape a...
47.5K 1.7K 40
Tate Carter. She thought she escaped it all. That everything that had haunted her for years was behind her. No one who knew her before could ever com...
707K 15.4K 67
[COMPLETE] Might be 18+, but honestly we all know half the reads will be 18- ;) --- New York, year 2021, the Three Outlaw Towers scrape the gray sky...
33.6K 918 18
|Highest Ranking #14 (#eric)| Jade Hernandez, a smart girl who just finished her training as a bodyguard, is ready to protect her first client. Eric...