π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four

Twenty-Four

410 21 1
By pocoyo-yo

Bonnie Lovell
_________________________________________

DOMINIC

".. Miss Sawyer is this really the best idea?"

Alistair whispered to her while we both walked towards the exit side of the doors on the first floor.

"Alistair, I'll be fine," She told him for the fifth time. Miss Roselyn tugged on my sleeve and squinted at Alistair. ".. Dominic will be with me— and I'm only going to talk with Bonnie, that's it."

Alistair didn't argue anymore and I pushed open the door for Miss Roselyn— allowing her through while Alistair stayed on the otherside.

"I don't like this as much as you do." I confessed to him while Miss Roselyn pecked on her phone a good distance away from us.

Alistair hissed, "If she gets hurt—"

"— You'll find me in a bodybag before you ever find a scratch on her under my protection." I reassured him.

Alistair only gave me a slight nod before he turned around and walked back deeper into the office.
I let the door close as I walked over towards Miss Roselyn.

"What were you two talking about?" She asked while we walked towards her car.

"I asked if he wanted to join us outside before he left since he was so worried," I pulled out her car keys from my pocket and unlocked the car. ".. as you can see, he said no." I replied— it wasn't all the truth but it wasn't a complete lie either.

I stuck out my hand for Miss Roselyn to hold as she stepped down from the curb— she giggled and gave it a small squeeze.

"Is this our thing now," She pointed out, letting go of my hand. ".. treatin' me like I'm some princess."

"I like to think of it as the bare minimum," I said. ".. but if you want to be treated like a princess I'll treat you like one."

Miss Roselyn stared at me for a moment before she smiled that pouty smile, "I'm riding passenger."

I opened the passenger side door for her and once Miss Roselyn got in the car I shut the door behind her.
Treating her like a princess— maybe I was, but I was being honest when I told her that in my opinion what I do for her was the bare minimum. I was taught to do things like that for women in heels, it was how I was raised.

And I was curious about where we were going to meet Bonnie. I knew she worked at NY Times but the main NY Times facility was in New York City and Miss Roselyn didn't mention us heading all the way over there (it wasn't that far but still).

I walked around to the drivers side and opened the door before I got inside.
"So," I shut the door and handed my phone to Miss Roselyn so that she could put in the drections. ".. where are we going to meet her?" I asked— Miss Roselyn's eyes were focused on my phone.

"To Bonnie's house, why wouldn't we—Oh! ..Let me tell you something, hun," She set my phone in the holder on the dashboard and looked over at me— putting together what I meant by that. ".. the higher up you get in an business the less you physically have to be there— that doesn't mean it's all sweet but I'm sure you know that by now." Miss Roselyn explained.

I nodded in response and put on my seatbelt before I pulled out of the parking space.

"Also," She added. ".. when you're a journalist it's easier to just be at home and work."

"What about being the CEO of Canopy of Crystal," I murmured. ".. from what I've seen and what you've told me you can just stay home quite a bit."

Miss Roselyn scoffed, "You're funny, Dominic," She stared down at her lap and traced the pad of thumb over one of her acrylics. ".. but honestly, sweetheart, ever since I hired you I've been slackin' a bit— that or I'm gettin' stressed from all this shit."

I drove out of the parking lot and turned onto the street.
I was a bit surprised Miss Roselyn confessed that I was the reason she'd been out if the office more often.
I didn't want that, well, I didn't want to cause her trouble. I don't know what Miss Roselyn was actually like before she hired me, but like she said— it could also be the situation she's in.

If I was Miss Roselyn I'd rather not show up to work while my life was being threatened— though she'd never not show up for that reason.

But Miss Roselyn said it herself— in her mind she was technically responsible for every employee of hers while they worked in that building (I don't disagree but I think there are exceptions to that logic).

"I guess my massage didn't do wonders." I joked and Miss Roselyn stiffled a laugh.

She huffed, "Your massage was great, sweetheart— in fact.. I think might need another one soon.."

. . .

"Roselyn, she knows we're here, right?"

I glanced down at Miss Roselyn while the elevator traveled up the floors one by one (Bonnie's condo wasn't far— only about a fifteen minute drive).

"No." She said simply.

My whole head turned in her direction. I questioned, "Then what if she's not—"

"— She's here, hun," Miss Roselyn interrupted as the elevator came to a halt. ".. her boss told me."
Her voice had a slight scoff to it when she said 'boss'— it was like she found it amusing how Bonnie worked under someone.

The elevator doors slid apart before Miss Roselyn stepped out, and I followed suit. She walked down the the hallway rather quick— eyes darting from each spaced out door.
I know it wasn't the best time to admire how good Miss Roselyn looked because she was obviously pissed, but I couldn't help it.

I could see a bit of hickey's I had left on her skin peak from the sleeveless fabric of her turtleneck. Hiding them was smart, not because people would suspect it was me who made them, but because the news articles would be on Miss Roselyn's ass. Even though she was an adult and had the right to enact in whatever adult activites she wanted the paparazzi would find a way to spin it into something more.

I was genuinely surprised that the story about the dinner Friday hadn't been leaked, but I was also relieved for her. I guess it shows how much those sons of bitches needed Miss Roselyn's collaboration to boost their product.

Miss Roselyn stopped in front of a door and gave it a harsh knock. Through the door I could hear that there was someone in there— and after a minute they still hadn't answered.

Miss Roselyn gave a harsher knock before she cleared her throat, "Open up, Bonnie— it's Roselyn!"

Nothing.

"Let me try, Roselyn." I murmured.

She scooted to the side and I banged my fist against the door.
I called out, "Miss Roselyn Sawyer is at your door— thirty seconds or she's gone and she'll take this converstation your boss instead, Ms. Lovell!"

Then there was the sound of scrambling and I took a step back.

Miss Roselyn smiled softly as the locks clicked and the door twisted open. Bonnie Lovell stood there— in a robe, her hair a mess, and her makeup was smeared. Any other time I would assume she had been crying because Miss Roselyn had said that was her thing, but the man who was zipping up his pants further back in the living room told me otherwise.

"Hi Bonnie," Miss Roselyn hummed. ".. if you don't mind I need to talk to you in private." Her earthy eyes fells on the man in the back.

Bonnie bit down on her bottom lip and glanced between the both of us.

"I uhm—"

"— You don't mind, right?" Miss Roselyn added with that pouty smile.

Bonnie slowly shook her head and gripped the door handle.
"Just give me one second please." She mumbled and Miss Roselyn only nodded.

The door clicked shut for a good thirty second before it suddenly opened and that man rushed past the both of us while Bonnie held open the door. In that quick second— something about him seemed familiar.

"Come in.." Bonnie whispered— she had cleaned herself up a bit in that short amount of time.

Miss Roselyn stepped inside and I followed, the sound of the door shutting after us filled my ears.

Bonnie huffed, "I'm sorry about that, Roselyn—"

"— Franco Fajardo huh.." Miss Roselyn scoffed and it clicked why that man was so familiar. That Alessia girl I met at the pool party— that was her father.

"It's nothing like that, Roselyn," Bonnie scurried past us, going deeper into her home. ".. well it is— but he needed somebody and he's handsome and he's always called me pretty before we even started to y'know.." She rambled on and on like I wasn't there and this was just 'girl talk'— I guess my opinion and presence didn't matter that much compared to theirs in Bonnie's eyes.

"He needed someone? Franco can go to his wife 'nd I also doubt is daughter knows," Miss Roselyn pulled out her phone and looked up at Bonnie through her long lashes. ".. enough about that— I have no right to judge your morals, and I have bigger things to worry about." Miss Roselyn sighed while we both walked into the living room where Bonnie was fixing up the throw pillow on her couch.

"Well Franco is getting a divorce soon anyway.." Bonnie blurted out under her breath.

Miss Roselyn scoffed, "Oh? What the scandal.. speaking of scandals— your little friend fucked with me again."

Bonnie stood up straight and stared at Miss Roselyn with wide eyes. "The one who hacked NY Times," Bonnie frowned and licked her lips. ".. is that really all you came here to tell me?"

"That and," Miss Roselyn walked towards Bonnie and shoved her phone in the blonde womans face. ".. do you know this man— does he look familiar?"

Bonnie squinted before I noticed her already wide eyes widen just a bit more— then they relaxed and her brows furrowed, filling with bullshit sympathy.

"I'm sorry, Roselyn.. I don't know him." Bonnie mumbled.

"Bonnie," She pulled her phone back and swiped before she showed Bonnie the screen again. ".. don't lie to me." Miss Roselyn said simply.

Bonnie licked her lips and dug her nails into the throw pillow that she was holding.
Her eyes told it all— she recongized whatever picture Miss Roselyn was showing her (even more than the first one).

"I think I've seen him deliver packages at the main NY Times facility down in NYC.. that's all," Bonnie admitted, her eyes falling away from the picture. "Roselyn.. let this thing fade away— don't pry where you don't need to.."

Miss Roselyn backed away— her lips pressed together in a firm line.

"What do you mean by that, Ms. Lovell?" I questioned, my brows pressing together.

Miss Roselyn gave me arm a squeeze and clicked her tongue, "It's fine, Dominic— I get it. She doesn't know the half of it."

"Then tell me, Roselyn," Bonnie's voice quivered— eyes welling with tears. ".. tell me everything— every detail.."

"Shane Allen," Miss Roselyn murmured. ".. that's his name."

Bonnie sniffled, "Roselyn.. please tell me what happened—"

"— Dominic we're leavin'," She told me and Bonnie wiped her tears with the sleeve of her robe. ".. Bonnie.. I'll call you later if you're willin'— sorry for interruptin' your little fuck with Fajardo."

Miss Roselyn turned towards the door and I didn't give Bonnie another glance. I see why the crying thing pissed Miss Roselyn off— I'd rather someone be brutally honest with me and have no sympathy than lie to me with fake sympathy.

I caught up to Miss Roselyn and opened the door for her while she chew on her inner cheek.
I shut the door behind me once I had left and Miss Roselyn went back on her phone as we walk together back down the hallway.

I spoke up, "..Roselyn—"

"— Tomorrow,"

I raised a brow as Miss Roselyn looked back at me with probably one of the most pissed expressions I had seen from her.

".. you need to start figurin' it out now 'cause you're teaching me how to shoot tomorrow."

2,056 words

Bonnie thinks shes slick fr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 918 18
|Highest Ranking #14 (#eric)| Jade Hernandez, a smart girl who just finished her training as a bodyguard, is ready to protect her first client. Eric...
22.6K 1.7K 31
Book 2, Second Generation Only daughter of Zion & Gianna, twin sister of Saul, and Princess of.. a bodyguard? Kayla James-Kingsley didn't expect a ch...
16.2K 373 71
An 18+ SEQUEL TO DANCING WITH THE DEVIL Description: Diya tries to navigate what it's like dating a CEO. She struggles to accept this businessman's l...
15.4K 450 43
π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“…π‘’π‘œπ“…π“π‘’. π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“ˆπ“‰π‘œπ“‡π’Ύπ‘’π“ˆ. π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“ˆπ‘’π’Έπ“‡π‘’π“‰π“ˆ. Isabella Leighton, a 23-year-old aspiring lawyer, unexpectedly lands a job working...