π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three

Sixteen

474 27 1
By pocoyo-yo

Pretty Baby
_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Why the fuck did I let him convice me to slick this shit back?"

I stood inside of Miss Roselyn's condo lobby and licked my finger before I pulled one of my gelled back curls loose on my forehead.

I had a short slickback phase in highschool because the girls seemed to like it, and I left it in highschool.

Well I thought I did.

Work was like any other day until it hit lunch- Miss Roselyn sent me home to give us both time to clean up a bit (she looked fine to me) before I would come to back to pick her up at 6PM for this dinner with the old, graying men.

Of course Simon called, like usual, and ranted on and on about how I needed to switch it up for tonight.
He told me this dinner was important- that the old, graying men judge everything.
Even the bodygaurds, the personal bodyguards more so, which is the category I seemed to fall under the longer I worked for Miss Roselyn.

I didn't care about what they thought about me- I just didn't want to fuck up her chances at a good deal, collaberation, etc.

Slowly, though, I was starting to regret it.

The elevator let out a 'ding' as the automatic doors slid open.

God I hate elevators, but the orange light that one allumated onto Miss Roselyn's brown skin as she stepped out onto the the tile drowned out the nausea.

"You're all dressed up, Miss Sawyer," The receptionist, an older woman, giggled as Miss Roselyn scurried towards her and handed her her keys. ".. going somewhere special?"

Fucking fuck.

She was dressed up alright- every part of her looked like it was precisely put together. Though it wasn't perfection, but instead every imperfection of hers that made it seem that way. Like how every damn loose frizz that parted from her curls seemed to make her look more put together.

Miss Roselyn pouted, "Unfortunately.."

She turned in my direction and tilted her head to the side with pursed lips before her eyes slightly widdened.

"Pierce? You," Miss Roselyn walked over towards me with a small, white handband tightly in her grip. Her long lashes fluttered over brown, doe eyes as she looked up at me. ".. holy shit- you really look different. It's not bad though.. you remind me of a lil mobster."

I only nodded.

Was it too much to compliment her?

Was it unprofessional?

I could barely sleep last night- the adrenaline from the match and the adrenaline from what happened after. Her signature on my glove- after that happened everything seemed to be irrelavent for the rest of the night until I finally hit the dust.

It was like I was blackout drunk with how I blocked almost everything else out.

(ROSELYN'S DRESS)

"Apple-Pie?" I questioned. I remembered that smell and specifically that it was her lip gloss.

Miss Roselyn corrected, "Apple-Cinnamon, hun."

"It was worth a shot." I joked.

Miss Roselyn motioned for me to lean down a bit. I did so and her eyes landed on my lips- she squinted before she looked up at me.

"Your lip is swollen," She pointed out with furrowed brows. "..have you been putting medicine on it, hun?"

"I have," I told her- her soft finger-tips grazing my jaw just barely. ".. is it noticable?"

She shook her head and pulled her hands away, so I took that as a sign to stand upright again.

"I see you a lot now, so," She straightened out my suit and smiled softly. ".. I notice a lot about you, hun."

I licked my lips while Miss Roselyn gave the receptionist a small wave before turning back to face me.
I pushed open the door and let her walk through before I followed behind her.

"Today is a very special occasion, hun.." Miss Roselyn said as I stepped onto the street, raising my hand for hers to hold. I didn't want her tripping in those heels when she stepped off of the curb.

"Is it?" I asked as she held my hand and stepped down carefully onto the lower level of cement.

"Mhm," Miss Roselyn took a few steps across the street with our hands still intertwined and I didn't mind. Her hands were soft- it almost felt as if they weren't there until her plastic acrylics brushed against my skin. But then she pulled her hand away, I guess she noticed. "..very special."

Miss Roselyn stood in front a couple of cars and dug in her purse.

Her 'work baby' wasn't here where it usually was when we were about to go somewhere.

She pulled out a set of keys and the car to her right beep as the lights turned on.

"This is my pretty baby," She hurried towards the pure rose-gold Cadillac- a different model from the other one. It was pretty much her 'work baby's' coloar palette in reverse- rose-gold base and black rims. ".. I see this as a valid reason to take her out." She smiled, giving the hood a light tap.

Miss Roselyn pulled back and walked up to me- placing her hands on my chest.

"You always know the time, hun," She smiled softly. "..so, for once, I'm asking you tell me."

I glanced down at my watch and then looked up at Miss Roselyn.

"5:58 PM.." I told her.

"Ah," She let her hands fall and pouted. ".. so much for a joyride."

"Joyride?"

"I told you I don't take my 'pretty baby' out much," Miss Roselyn huffed. ".. so yes, a joyride would've been nice."

"You're saying that like there's no chance, Miss Roselyn," I added with a hum. ".. we could have time after."

"Aren't you a lil optimist, hun," She joked slightly- pulling out a tube of lip gloss out of her purse and looking up at me. ".. but we should go, it's a bit of a drive- especially if I want my joyride."

. . .

I readjusted the review mirror while the GPS annouced that we had arrived at our destination. Our destination being a tall restraunt called 'Janaes Million' that was about 80% windows with a large fountain in front- a similar looking sculpture of a woman to the one that rested in Miss Roselyn's miniature fountain.

"We're special, Pierce," Miss Roselyn pointed towards a line of cars- different men and women in uniforms taking keys from the ones who got out of them. ".. just follow the line and they'll park my car- hold my keys until we leave." She explained.

"You're special, Miss Roselyn," I murmured. ".. I can do all of that for you.."

Miss Roselyn rolled her eyes, "I thought you're job was to protect me?"

"It is."

I could hear her seatbelt unbuckle as she leaned forward, her arms gripped the back cushion of the passenger seat. "You can't protect me while you go park a car by yourself," She pouted and seat back into her seat- pulling her purse onto her lap. ".. I've eaten here a lot- especially with my pretty baby, so they know not to fuck up. Also you're such a hoverer- my lil sun umbrella, sweetheart."

I went silent.

Miss Roselyn was right- every other occasion I would insist to be by her side, but right now... shit, it's the damn slickback.

We pulled up in front of the entrance to the restraunt and a woman in a uniform stood by my door.
I grabbed my phone out of the holder (and the keys) and I unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the car door.
I stepped out and the woman smiled at me, her brown hair was wrapped up in a tight bun.

"Hello sir," She said, sticking out her hand. "I'm Kelly and I'll be your Bellhop tonight- I'll hold your keys."

"Yeah," I hesitantly placed the keys in her palm and nodded to her. "..hello."

I walked over towards Miss Roselyn's door and pulled it open.
She peaked her head out of the doorway before I reached my hand out for her grab- she took it and stepped out of the car onto the curb.

"Oh Miss Sawyer- we'll.. take great care of your car," Kelly squeaked- her posture becoming less relaxed at the sight of Miss Roselyn. ".. you two have great dinner, and a great rest of your evening!"

Miss Roselyn huffed, "You guys always do.. 'nd I know you know better." She let her hand fall from mine and walked towards the fountain that sat in the middle of the walkway.
Miss Roselyn dug in her purse and pulled out two quarters. She tossed one in the fountain then looked over at me.

"Make a wish," She nodded her head towards the second quarter and I took it. ".. last time I ate here I wished for a good meal 'nd I got it." She teased and I scoffed.

I stared at the quarter- it was fairly new. I read the date it was made at the bottom of the coin and chewed on my inner cheek.

The year I got arrested.

I had no real wish, but I knew I wanted something. Something I couldn't really voice.

I sighed and tossed the coin the water- if that divine shit that grants a wish is so divine I think it would know what I want.. even I don't.

"The wish has been made." I said with hint of sarcasm and Miss Roselyn stared at the rippling water for a moment before she began her walk around the fountain and towards the entrance of the restraunt.

I followed next to her and tried not the gawk at the place. I knew of Janaes Million- a three Michelin star restraunt, but I'd never been there. Not like I could afford it anyway.

We entered the restraunt and walked up to a desk. A middle aged man in a red suit smiled down at Miss Roselyn.

"Good evening.. do you two have a reservation?" He asked.

"Roselyn Sawyer- private booth under Seth Park," Miss Roselyn replied before she glanced at me. ".. this here is my bodygaurd- I know Seth and Seth knows me very well."

My gaze lowered to her at those words. It wasn't really my buisness, but it was becoming more evident that Miss Roselyn seemed to know everyone very well. But she had been ranting all week about how much she hated the graying old men, so it could all just be for face value.

"Yes ma'am, it will be floor six, room five," The man told her before a younger man walked over to us- he was tall. ".. Billy will be your waiter and tour guide."

"Good evening," Billy smiled. ".. I'll lead the way."

We followed Billy through the lobby towards an elevator, of course, and pressed a button.
The elevator doors slid open and Billy let us go in first. I swiftly walked towards the railing on the walls, and Miss Roselyn held my arm before I could grab the rail.

"You know what I think?" She murmured- the elevator began to move and my stomach was in shambles.

"Huh?" I questioned as she lifted up my arm in front of her face and traced her fingers over my palm.

Miss Roselyn whispered, "As cute this fear is.. it's not very practical in Manhatten."

I pressed my lips together in a firm line and watched Miss Roselyn stare at my hand. She glanced up at me with those doe eyes and asked quietly, "Was this always a thing? That fear of yours.."

"No," I cleared my throat while her soft hand touched my rough palm- those acrylics scratched every callouse which gained a soft breath thst I didn't even realize I had in me. ".. no, not always."

"The best way to deal with fears," Miss Roselyn smiled that pouty smile right as the elevator came to slight jolt- we were there already? ".. is to think about something else so much that, that fear.. is the last thing on your mind."

The two doors parted opened with a 'ding' and Billy exited first, Miss Roselyn and I's hand quickly parting.
We walked behind Billy- we were quite high up. If a person was nausous when it came to hieghts the amount of windows in this restraunt would do them no good.

We walked past a dining area and down a hallway with different paintings and photographs that hung on the chestnut brown walls.

Billy stopped in front of a door with two other bodygaurds that stood on each sude of the doorway.
He knocked and said, "Miss Roselyn Sawyer has arrived, Mr. Park."

There was a pause before a gruff voice spoke, "Come in."

Billy opened the door and Miss Roselyn stepped inside- it was a private room with a booth area to eat and a large window that looked out onto Manhatten.

There was an East Asian man with his hair gelled back who wore a grey dress-suit that stood closest to the door. Two other men- one streaks of grey in his brown hair and another had already gone completely gray sat in the booth- eyeing me. And by the window stood another man who was on a phone call.

"Please ring the buzzer if you are ready to order or are in need of some assistance," Billy smiled. ".. enjoy you're evening at Janaes Million."

The Asian man shooed him off, "Yes, yes leave us now."

Billy nodded and left the room, shutting the door behind him. I respected the guy for keeping that same smile after being talked to like that.

"Roselyn," The main fixed his hair- it was black with strands of grey woven within. ".. we thank you so much for finding a time we could all meet and my goodness," He looked her up and down and his thin lips curled into a grin, forehead wrinkles evident. ".. you look absolutely ravishing- I've been telling you for years and I'll tell you again, you should model."

"I'll let the taller women handle the modeling, Seth," Miss Roselyn sighed. ".. 'nd I prefer designin'.. you know that much."

So that was Seth Park.

Seth squinted his brown eyes at Miss Roselyn and chewed on his inner cheek.
I recognized that look- I couldn't deny I looked at Miss Roselyn similarly, but there was something off about how he was staring.
It was like he wasn't actually in awe of how damn pretty she was, but instead he was looking at her like a piece of fucking meat.

"Oh.. look at you," The man on the phone walked over towards Miss Roselyn and let out a chuckle as his sunken blue eyes found hers. ".. Roselyn, would you like some whiskey? Or are you still a margarita type of woman?"

"Margarita obviously, Trent." She answered simply.

They all looked at her like that.

"..So," The brown haired man pointed towards me with a scoff. ".. who's the statue givin' Seth and Trenton the goddamn stink eye?"

Miss Roselyn looked over at me and clasped her hands together, "Oh right! This my new bodygaurd- hired him a few weeks ago."

"Dominic Pierce, Mr. Park." I muttered. He didn't offer his hand, so I didn't offer mine- from the way he was looking at me I didn't think he cared for me that much anyways.

"Mhm," He scratched the back of his neck. "Nice to meet you, kid- you can outside with Jerry and Fernando. Roselyn, please, take a seat."

I resisted the urge to just chuckle- yeah, he didn't care for me one bit.

I didn't want to disrespect him outloud because it could fuck Miss Roselyn's potential chances of a deal, but Seth Park wasn't my boss.
So all I did was look down at Miss Roselyn and nod my head towards the door. I wasn't leaving her anyways- anything could happen to her with me on the other side of that door and I think she knew that too.

"No," Miss Roselyn glanced at me before she looked at Seth with pursed lips. ".. Dominic, he stays."

I swiped my tongue over my bottom lip- it stung, but I didn't care.

She actually said my name.

"If that what you want, Roselyn," Seth murmured. ".. you are safe here- you do know that, right?"

Miss Roselyn scoffed, "Dominic's right next to me so yes, yes I am."

Again.

She said it again.

I don't why I cared so much- maybe it was that she said it the correct way, or her voice was just so smooth when she did so.
I never bothered to correct others when they mispronouced my name because it lacked the accent mark in the spelling, so it was bound to happen.

But she, she actually remembered how to pronouce it correctly after all this time.

Doe- ME - nick.

"Now I want a margarita- something strawberry with a salt rim,"

Miss Roselyn left my side and walked past Seth. She sat down in the booth and dug around through her purse when I noticed her head tilt up. She looked back over her shoulder and pouted.

"What're you doin' over there? C'mere. You're gonna be hoverin' right behind me all dinner, Dominic."

2,871 words.

I'm back.. I took a little mental health break/had a bit of writers block.

Who knew popping out high quality chapters weekly is a lot of work??

Anyways I fumbled the chance for a Valentines Day chapter but whatever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 918 18
|Highest Ranking #14 (#eric)| Jade Hernandez, a smart girl who just finished her training as a bodyguard, is ready to protect her first client. Eric...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
275K 7.5K 30
Mason Harris, 29 and the youngest of three brothers to run his fathers company. His father owns 32 Hotels around the U.S and Mason is the CEO. The la...
705K 15.4K 67
[COMPLETE] Might be 18+, but honestly we all know half the reads will be 18- ;) --- New York, year 2021, the Three Outlaw Towers scrape the gray sky...