π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four

Fifteen

470 26 2
By pocoyo-yo

Guest of Honor
_________________________________________

ROSELYN

"I can still pick you up."

I rolled my eyes while I fumbled with my car keys.

"Pierce," I sighed- chewing on my bottom lip. "I'll be alright- my days are your days, so I've been handling work from my home."

"I didn't make things difficult for you did I?" Dominic asked, slightly hesistant.

"Today was going to be a slow day- that's why I agreed," I explained. "only a couple of virtual meetings which is why I said 3 to 5."

I paused, staring between my 'pretty baby' and my 'work baby' with a pout.

"Is this a work situation or a personal situation?" I asked Dominic- furrowing my brows together.

"Huh-"

"- Your match," I blurted out. ".. is this whole situation work or personal to you, hun?"

He hummed, "Personal- at least for me."

"Hmm," I pressed my finger on my chin and clicked my tongue- trying to decide which one to drive. ".. I'd rather not have my pretty baby bloody so.. work baby it is- I'll use my pretty baby tomorrow."

"Miss Roselyn-"

"- Ah," I interrupted, sliding the keys to my 'pretty baby' back in my pocket before using my other set of keys to unlock my 'work baby'. ".. I want you to hang up on my right now and go do whatever boxers do to prepare- you can even see my parkin' skills once this is over, sweetheart."

It was silent on his end of the line for a moment before I heard Dominic's light chuckle, "I'll be looking forward to it."

I scoffed, "You should be- I might be better than you at this point, hun." I opened the driver's side door and got in the seat (shutting the car door behind me).

"Yeah?" He scoffed- I could hear his smile yet I couldn't visualize it in my mind.

Maybe it was so genuine that my brain couldn't comprehend it, or the opposite, so fake that a picture couldn't be formed.

Whatever it was- it made me pause for a moment.

".. do you remember what I said on Tuesday, hun," I asked him. "..you have such a good memory, I'll be shocked if you forgot."

"Leave you entertained?"

I scoffed, "I did say that.. but, I also said 'don't get beat up too badly'- that's the one thing you truly need to remember."

"It sounds like you have no faith in me." Dominic joked.

"I have plenty," I shot back. "..now sweetheart, m'gonna go- see you soon, alright?"

"Yeah," He sighed. "see you soon."

I hung up and set up the GPS before I placed my phone in the holder on the dashboard.
The boxing gym wasn't far at all, I remember that much, but I don't remember the route Dominic took at all. Though in my defense, I'll admit was out of it.

I started the car and pulled out of my parking space in the parking garage.

"Hey Siri play 'PRICE OF FAME' by Brent Faiyaz.." I said as I turned the car out of the parking garage and drove through the outside parking lot- the music pausing everytime my GPS had something to say.
It annoyed me a bit, but I was used to interruptions.

I drove out of the parking lot and followed the directions down the street before I caught glimpse of another familiar street.

"Oh shit- his shortcut.." I hummed.
I considered going that way- though I had the potential to get lost, I was surprised I could remember it from that day.

I shrugged and turned down that street- driving down the neighborhood. Teenagers play faught with each other and gawking at my car. You would think in Manhatten they see a lot of it but I also understood- they were just kids.

Once I got out of the neighborhood I turned to the left and my music paused again.

"Continue straight- expected arrival in two minutes."

I continued on and that's when I noticed Dominic's car parked just a bit away- it was a older, black BMW.

"You have arrived at your destination."

I bit my bottom lip, the final minute or so of the song playing as I stooped a car or two in front of Dominic's and eased my way into the empty space.
I adjusted my spot by the cement- I could go closer, that's what he told me last time.

I let my grip on the steering wheel loosen as 'PRICE OF FAME' faded into silence and another song prepared to play after it.

I grabbed my phone and my purse- looking out of my window out onto the sidewalk.

Kirsten's Boxing Gym.

I've always liked the name Kirsten- that and Cadence.
And the gym really was close to the condo's.. I've driven or have been down this street plenty yet I never noticed it. The large windows that looked into the gym were tinted but too the point where nothing was visible- kinda like a tint most barber shops would have.

I pulled down my sun shade and flipped open the mirror before I dug around in my purse.

I pulled out my lip gloss (Apple-Cinnamon scented.. it was a sort of an orangish brown color) and applied a new layer before I got out of my car.
I stepped onto the curb and shut the door behind me- rating my newfound parking skills with a smile before walking across the sidewalk.

I held my purse close to my side as I pushed open the door, phone in hand.

"Hello," I stepped inside- the door closing behind me. A couple of new faces looked in my direction, but I wasn't focused on them to begin with. ".. I hope you haven't started without me.." I joked as a man approached me- probably mid to late forties.

"Miss Sawyer," He cleared his throat, sticking out his hand. ".. it's great to have you here- Dominic's told me a bit about you."

A raised a brow with a smile, "Oh has he now? Hopefully it was good things.."

"Of course! Of course!" The man reassured me as I gave his hand a shake.

"In all honesty the only thing I know about boxing is that Ali did it," I confessed as he pulled his hand away. "and it can fuck up your ears- I'm sure you can tell me more since your the Coach I assume."

He seemed surprised that I actually cursed, that or my assumtion was correct..

"Yes I actually am," He said, motioning for me to follow him further into the gym wear the boxing rings were. "Coach Luke Trevor."

"Well Mr. Trevor, you have quite the gym," I hummed- I could feel some of the other people there giving me glances. I guess a 'celeberity' in such a community gym was a odd sight. This place wasn't run down and it was frankly modern for the old, rustic effect it was going for with the brick walls- it just wasn't your stereotypical 'Planet Fittness'. ".. do you get a lot of students?"

"Luke is fine, Miss Sawyer," he chuckled.. "..and yes I do, I could've lost this place- I considered selling it after my daughter got into a boxing accident. Dominic though.. that kid was a goddamn trouble maker- delinquent, but I do owe him- he set me straight just like I did for him and a lot of youth."

I nodded along, "When.. Pierce, told me he wanted me to watch him box- he was very passionate. I was confused and curious. Though he hasn't worked for me long but I can say I've rarely seen him that passionate."

There was a silence- except for murmurs and the sound of leather gloves smacking against, what I think, is a punching bag.

Luke called out, "Dominic c'mere!"

I looked up at the boxing ring we stood in front of and blinked as Dominic jogged over towards the edge of the ring.
His eyes were wide once he noticed me and he swiftly got out of the ring.

"You didn't even greet your guest of honor once she arrived," Luke smacked his back and Dominic rolled his eyes.. ".. have you lost your manners?" He asked him sarcastically.

"You should've called me, Miss Roselyn," Dominic murmured- his eyes showing the slightest bit of fustration.. "I would've let you in- showed you around."

I looked him up and down- I had seen Dominic shirtless before at the tailor and it was sight.
Deep, tan skin covered in tats- you could tell which ones he got when he was on younger side just by comparing them to one another.
And he was fit, I mean obviously- he had a very nice back and arms, defined abs, but his collar bone- I found myself staring at it any chance I got.
Maybe it was that Spanish tattoo that ran along it which he had translated for me, 'Why are you doing this again, Domi?'

But something about seeing him in those maroon shorts and bright red gloves made it like I was seeing him in a new light.

"It's fine I'm sure there's more of this place you could give me a private tour of, sweetheart," I told him with a scoff. ".. also you're Coach gave me a very good tour- anyways get back to practicin'.. I'm just here to observe."

Luke gave Dominic a glance with his eyebrow raised.
Dominic clicked his tongue, "You can take a seat in any of those chairs.. we'll start soon- do you want something to drink?"

I fake-gasped, "Drinks? Oh I feel special.."

I walked over to the chairs set up for an auidence and they actually were comfortable once I took a seat.
Dominic followed me, gripping the back of my chair as I met his gaze.

"You should- you're my guest of honor," He hummed and I chewed on my inner cheek. ".. now... you want alcohol, don't you?"

I rolled my eyes, "You know me too well."

"You probably want a margarita but the best I can do is Budlight or Seagrams Escapes- strawberry for Seagrams." He told me in low tone.

"Does this actually come with the show?" I whispered to Dominic.

"No," Dominic confessed nonchalantly. "that's the shit Coach has in his personal cooler, but he won't care as long as its you."

"You sure?" I asked in a murmur.

"100%," He reassured me. "..I wouldn't let it happen any other way anyways."

My lips parted slightly at those words- even when he was off the job he was on it.

"Seagrams Escape," I told him and dug in my purse for my phone. "..be quick- I want you practicin' every second you can before this match, hun."

"We start at three," Dominic sighed. "I've here all day- so I'll say this'll be my five minute break before the match. But yeah, I'll be quick."

I nodded and leaned back in my chair- tasting some of my lip gloss as I gave my lips a quick swipe.
Dominic brought his hand up to his mouth and separated the velcro with his teeth (he had very sharp canines).
I watched as he pulled his hand out of the glove and wiggled his fingers before he took off the other glove (not with his mouth).

This was probably the most unprofessional I had ever seen him- I didn't mind it that much.
Though I was the one preaching about him always staying professional.

But.. we weren't technically working right now.

Dominic leaned down to set his gloves on the edge of the boxing ring. "I'll hold them, sweetheart.." I offered and he paused his movements, looking over at me with his eyebrows risen.

"You will?"

"If you don't want me to, I understand," I added, resting one leg over the other. ".. it's a little want from you guest of honor- m'such a fan."

Dominic licked his lips and walked back towards me- holding his gloves with one hand. Not really giving me a glance as he carefully handed them to me, and I carressed the leather with my thumb. "I'll take good care of them, hun." I reassured him.

"I don't doubt it." He cracked a slight smile before his footsteps fading as he walked away. I looked down at the gloves- the red color faded a bit which matched his shorts. There were little notes and signatures on the leather- some faded with time as well.

'You better win you mofo! - Kir'

'Forget me and I'll find you Dominic! - Rashawn'

'I'll see you at next Summer Tournoment! 'N I swear I'll beat you. - Nathan C.'

My phone then chimed.
There was a text- from Alistair. I opened it, he rarely texted me, he was mostly the call type.

ALISTAIR: What you're doing is risky, Miss Sawyer. The paparazzi might storm the place.

I huffed.

ROSELYN: I've thought this out thoroughly, Alistair. They never stampede when I work at home because they think that's where I stay all.

It showed that he had read it and he began to type. I then added.

ROSELYN: Also I have Pierce with me.. I'll be just fine.

ALISTAIR: Dominic might get knocked out then what?

ROSELYN: He won't.

ALISTAIR: Oh he won't? And why is that, Miss Sawyer?

I could pracitcally hear his scoff through the screen.

ROSELYN: Because I told him he couldn't.

I noticed through the corner of my eye Dominic returning.

ROSELYN: My drink is here. Goodbye, Alistair. I know everyone is behaving with only you around.

I turned off my phone and glanced up at Dominic as he handed me the Seagrams. I took the cold drink- the glass had been wiped off, that much I could tell, which was considerate of him.

"You opened it for me- so sweet of you." I grinned and Dominic bit down on his bottom lip.

"I have manners," I held my drink in my hand and handed Dominic back his gloves. ".. and thank you for that." He said.

I sipped my drink and teased, ".. It was such an honor, sweetheart."

Dominic sighed- looking to say something before a loud bell began to ring and he quickly put his gloves back on.

"Boxers in the ring! Come on! Come on!" Luke shouted, ushering a younger man with a buzzcut over to the ring while he pushed a woman about Dominic's age in a wheelchair around with him.
Two other people sat on the other side of the ring- I assume they were judges and a referee climbed into the ring.

Dominic turned around but no before he looked back at me and mouthed, "Four."

I held back a laugh- staring at his back tattoo as he swiftly got inside the ring and walked towards his respective corner. The younger man with the buzzcut stood opposite of him and Luke took a seat next to me as the other people in the gym crowded around the area.

"Everything is practically like a professional match," Luke explained as the referee called both of them over and he went over the rules. "..the only difference is they don't have a Coach whispering in their ear since I Coach both of them."

"So it's how many rounds?" I asked curiously- glancing at the woman that sat close to him in the wheelchair.

"9 to 12- all three minutes." He said.

I questioned, "Is that.. your daughter?"

Luke blinked in surprise before he nodded with a soft smile, "Yes this Kirsten," he turned her wheelchair slightly so that she could see me. ".. Kirsten, this is Miss Roselyn Sawyer- Dominic's boss."

She looked me up and down and I looked at Luke for permission before I placed my hand ontop of hers.
"It's very nice to meet you Kirsten," I smiled- her hands were soft and on the colder side. ".. I've heard a bit about you- you're very beautiful and have a beautiful name."

"Alright," The room went silent as my hand slipped away from Kirstens and the Ref' annouced, "On my left we have Alexander Kyte and on my right we have Dominic Pierce- both of you bump gloves and then return to your corners."

They both gave eachother a little fist bump and Dominic swiped his tongue over his mouth-gaurd on his way back to his side.

"Round One," The Ref' shouted before he blew his whistle. "begin!"

. . .

Boxing was... definitely worth the watch.

Especially this match.

There was something about the way Dominic threw punches with such ease- sharp, green eyes completely focused on his target yet it seemed like they weren't. Like he was in another place- another zone.

Dominic didn't have an expression, like usual, but he was expressing so much.

He moved with quickness and precision- maturity. It was like he was a pro himself, but who am I too judge?

Alexander landed hits- the kid wasn't bad at all.
But at this point, his cheek had been sliced by the sheer quickness Dominic's glove grazed his face. And Dominic? Well he was drenched in sweat- muscles tense as he caught his breath in between.. what was it? Round ten.

A towel hung over his neck as a man on the side squirted water from a Gatorade water bottle into his mouth like what I assume a coach would do.

His dark, curly hair stuck to his forehead- the lights from above make it seem like each bead of sweat was a shimmering diamond. Blood trickled down his tatted bicep from a cut Alexander gave him- it was like it didn't even sting to him.

"Round Eleven start!" The Ref called out and then blew his whistle.

The man took the towel off of Dominic's neck as he rolled out his shoulder before raising his clentched fists.

"It's really footwork, isn't it?" I said to Luke as Dominic swiftly manuevered around Alexanders first punch.

"You catch on quick, Miss Sawyer," Luke chuckled and relaxed in his chair while I could do anything but relax. ".. doesn't matter how strong you are if your reaction time isn't good, you're dead."

Alexander then dodged Dominic's punch- both of them circling around each other. They shot out fake jabs, trying to make the other nervous but it didn't work for either party.
I knew the little backstory of this fight because Dominic explained it a bit- Lukes' old Champion vs. his new Champion.

"Oh damn!"

It was quick- too quick.

Alexander's fist hitting Dominic's face but just as quickly as he got hit he weaved out of their before another could come.

He scoffed as blood trickled from his bottom lip, though a wide grin came across Dominic's face even with the mouth-gaurd. He was geniuinely happy- I had never seen him that full of enjoyment, especially over getting punched.

Dominic swung at Alexander before the Ref' blew his whistle and called for the end of Round Eleven. Bullshit in my opinion.

Dominic walked away and leaned over the edge of the ring. His brows were furrowed as he licked the blood off his lip only for it to bleed again right after. Dominic cursed, "Fucking fuck.."

"..Was that bad?" I asked Luke- he was so happy at the end of the round that I was surpised at that reaction once he got to his corner.

"Well it was good hit and if Dominic doesn't knock him out, do something better, or get him to withdraw- that could cause his loss. It's a point system pretty much- whose punches connected more.. thing like that contribute to it." Luke told me.

The Round Twelve began before I could manage a reply and I was somewhat surprised when Dominic looked at me in the crowd- eyes hooded and foggy. He sighed and looked back at Alexander.

"Round Twelve begin!"

Any person would think Dominic would get nervous- go crazy and just throw punches, but he didn't try to provoke anything. His eyes stayed the way they were when he had looked at me.
I then heard Luke sigh as he adjusted his spot in his chair- it was like he knew what was going to happen.

Alexander threw one at Dominic and he easily moved along. It was only then that I realized they were moving- well, Alexander was moving closer and closer to the edge of the ring.

And when his eyes widdened just a bit- it your didn't pay close attention you wouldn't have noticed it, Dominic swung and hit him with a right-hook, then he hit him again, and a third time before Alexander escaped his hits. Alexander stumbled backwards- cheek swelled while Dominic tilted his head to the side with that grin.

Dominic went for another but Alexander blocked it- the kid was more focused on his defense compared to anything else.

A loud buzz echoed thre the gym and Dominic let his fists fall.

"Round Twelve end! This potentially concludes the match," The Ref' annouced. "..the judges are evaluating now!"

They talked while the man Dominic was talking to placed the towel around his neck after he gave him some more water. Alexander cheeks was swelling more abd more by the minute.

"Dominic Pierce, Alexander Kyte come to the middle," The Referee grabbed both of their wrists and chuckled. ".. the judges have unanimously voted on a winner... The winner being,"

I set my drink down on the floor and practically sat on the edge of my seat.

"The Example- aka the Dominic Peirce!"

I quickly stood up as Dominic fist was raised in the air and it felt like a weight was lifted off of me. Dominic grinned and it was a smile that I had never seen from him before he spit out his mouth-gaurd. He murmured to Alexander and gave a him a pat on the back before he hurried over towards the edge of the ring where I stood.

There I noticed Dominic had a dimple in his right cheek- he had never smiled bright enough for me to even realize it was there.

"The time," Dominic asked me while he was slightly out of breath- leaning down to me slightly with that grin. I was offended he had kept it to himself for so long. ".. what time is it, Miss Roselyn?"

I pulled out my phone from purse and found myself smiling, "3:45pm, hun."

"I.. considered dragging it out for you," Dominic panted as I placed my phone back in my purse. ".. wanted to leave you entertained."

"I am entertained," I scoffed, reaching the corner of his towel and gently wiping the blood off of his already plump bottom lip. "..and you didn't get too bloodied up just like I asked, hun."

Dominic mumbled, "Did he hit me too hard or does it smell like apple pie?"

I laughed softly, "It's my lip gloss."

"It smells good," He commented in a softer tone. ".. it fits you, Miss Roselyn."

I paused and glanced up at Dominic through my lashes and dug in purse again.

I pulled out a Sharpie and grabbed his right hand, finding an open spot on his glove and wiping it dry with the top of my hand.

I pressed the tip of the Sharpie to the leather and signed it.

Roselyn S. - 3:45pm

3,864 words.

Long ass chapter but we did it!!

Sorry for the late update I was planning out future chapters then got sidetracked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1.9K 30
*~COMPLETE~* Juniper Mitchell has been a live-in maid, errand girl...whatever for Lloyd Hansen for 2 years. Lloyd uses her for everything except what...
13.2K 681 25
CoCo Abelli is the last woman Rian Dalton wants to protect. A spoiled heiress to a designer shoe empire with a reputation for hard partying and getti...
22.6K 1.7K 31
Book 2, Second Generation Only daughter of Zion & Gianna, twin sister of Saul, and Princess of.. a bodyguard? Kayla James-Kingsley didn't expect a ch...
30.2K 1.4K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...