π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four

Seven

528 29 0
By pocoyo-yo

Two Town Mice

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Damn.."

The rest of the day was surprisingly uneventful.

I just stood outside of Miss Roselyn's office, stood next to her in a meeting room, stood next to her while she ate dinner with some director, and drove her home for the night around 11 PM.

Before she left, she smiled at me and fixed my ID.

Her glossy lips were slightly parted when she spoke, "You did good today, Pierce.. tommorow will be more calm I hope. Think of it as a reward for handling such a chaotic first day, hun."

I nodded, "Don't worry, I've dealt with worse Miss Roselyn."

She pursed her lips together in a sort of pouty smile, "I'll see you tomorrow morning, sweetheart.."

I licked my lips, her hands rested on my chest- it didn't help that when she pulled them away her finger-tips lingered for a moment.

"Yes," I murmured. "... I'll see you tomorrow morning, 5:30AM sharp."

She laughed, "You can pick me up around 10AM. Like I said tommorow will be an calmer day for you."

Miss Roselyn left into the entrance of the condo building.
I checked my phone, glancing up here or there until I was sure she had gotten in the elevator.

I always had trouble sleeping, it about 12AM now and all I was doing was staring at the ceiling.
That moment replayed whenever I closed my eyes. The way she looks at me isn't good for my health at all (it isn't good for any man's health if she ever looked at them like that).
But I think we're similar in that area, because doe eyes she gave me while touching my chest earlier, I swear she gave to Alistair at one point in the day.

I groaned and rolled on my side, the shopping bags from yesterday morning were piled up in the corner.

"She's too nice to me," I clicked my tongue. "I really wish she was just some really average-looking older woman.. not goddamn eye candy."

When I was this pent up I used to go to that gym- practice boxing. I doubted my old coach is even still there and my case got some type of media coverage so I think he'd be disappointed to see me after what I did.

"- Damn what was that guy's name that Alistair told me about," I pulled my phone out my pocket and went to Safari. "Oh right.. Derek Harrington."

His named popped up rather quickly with a bunch of articles underneath the search that didn't care about reading. I just wanted to I know what the guy looked like.

He was supposed to be the same age as Miss Roselyn which further proved that she was blessed by youth. A blue eyed demon, that's what sister would call people with his look. I feel like he'd spit on me if I walked anywhere near him. But somehow he was on multiple modeling magazines. I guess it made sense, light brown hair, blue eyes, and perfect teeth the basics- oh yeah, he's rich too.

He looks like him, doesn't he...?

I bit my lip as I closed out of the tab.

Intrusive fucking thoughts.

Derek Harrington looked nothing like him.

There was a metallic taste seeping onto my tastebuds. I swiped my bottom lip with my thumb and looked at the red blood covering my skin.

"Ah dammit,"

I licked the remaining blood from my lip.

".. I really need to sleep."

. . .

I stood in front of the entrance to Miss Roselyn's condo.

It was a little after 10AM, and through the corner of my eye I could see Miss Roselyn exit the elevator and hand her keys to the receptionist.

"Good morning hun," Miss Roselyn said as she opened the entrance door. I took over until she stepped onto the concrete sidewalk. "You look tired.. you betta be sleepin'."

She wasn't wearing "work attire".
But instead, a soft-yellow colored sundress with little floral print covering it. And yellow sunglasses, also she wasn't carrying around just her normal purse but a larger beach bag as well.
I wore one of the suits she had bought me, good thing, because it seemed to distract her. Instead of another reminder to sleep I got a pleased eyebrow raise.

"Good morning, Miss Roselyn," I told her. "and I am.. don't worry."

She smiled, "Here," She handed me her beach bag. "Put it in the trunk f'me, Pierce. I'm supposed to meet Bonnie at 11PM, luckily she's not far."

I took the bag and followed her into the parking lot.

"Will we be getting you breakfast, Miss Roselyn?" I asked and she looked back over her shoulder.

"No."

".. but you lecture me to eat, Miss Roselyn." I hummed, trying to ignore the flatness in her tone.

"I did eat," She huffed and unlocked her Cadillac before she handed me the keys. "Hun, I can cook y'know.. and I actually think I'm pretty good at it."

"What did you make?" I asked her as I opened the car door for her.

Miss Roselyn sat inside, looking up at me while gripping the inside handle.

"The Sawyer Special, from my grandma on father's side," I raised a brow. "Awe don't make that face, Pierce ..I'll make it for you, alright sweetheart?" She pouted and batted her lashes at me. Her brown eyes seemed even more inviting as they peaked above her sunglasses.

I licked my lips.

Having a attractive boss was by far one of the worst things you could go through.

The sun reflected off of her glossy lips.
And due to how she was slightly leaning out of car to hold the inside handle of the door it caused her tits to practically spill from the revealing cleavage area of her sundress.
Yellow looked good on her, any color looked good on top of her deep brown skin.

"How," I cleared my throat and focused my attention back on her eyes (which really didn't help).. "will you make that work?" I questioned.

She grinned, "There'll be a chance f'you to spend the night at my place, I know it."

With that she yanked the door closed and I let out a sigh.
The fact she says shit like that has to be intentional, I could let the way she looks at me go, but what she says to me..

I walked around to the back and unlocked her trunk, placing the beach bag in there after opening it.

..that or she's just a natural flirt.

I opened the door to the drivers side and got in the seat.

"Here hun," Miss Roselyn handed me her phone like she did yesterday and I put the adress into the GPS before giving it back. "It's probably about a 15 minute drive."

I nodded and started the car while Miss Roselyn pecked on her phone. I pulled out of the parking spot and made my way out of the parking lot itself.

"So did your other bodyguard jobs take you to a pool party?" She joked.

"Actually yeah," I drove down the street and took a left turn as the GPS said so. It wouldn't hurt to tell her I went to some pool parties, just not the drug dealings, strip clubs, gang meetups, and other shit. "pool parties and clubs..." I hummed.

"Y'know," Miss Roselyn sighed. "I'm in the mood for a story."

"A story?"

"Mhm," I could see her fold her arms under her chest in the review mirror. "Tell me a good story to pass the time, sweetheart."

I thought it over as I drove down the street.

"Have you ever heard of The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse, Miss Roselyn?" I asked her.

"I've heard it but I've never truly listened." She explained with a sigh..

"Well.. will you listen this time?"

Miss Roselyn stayed silent for a moment, "If you keep my attention, Pierce," She smiled. "so give it all you got. Keep my attention sweetheart."

"Well the Country gets to live in peace- they get to enjoy life without the luxury of the good food the town has to offer," I began and Miss Roselyn adjusted her posture before she leaned forward just a bit. "while the Town mouse gets all the good food they could ever dream of.."

"..but." She intejected.

"But," I murmured as we turned down the street that led to the condo were Bonnie Lovell lived. "the Town mouse has to live in constant fear of being killed by people or cats. Who has it better?"

Miss Roselyn pressed her lips together and furrowed her brows.

"It's obviously the Country Mouse," she finally answered and I nodded in agreement. "but I'm the Town Mouse.. I'd rather cry in a mansion than cry under a bridge."

"..Y'know the man I learned this story from was my cellmate for a year or two," I chuckled. "He carried around this book of Aesop's fables and read that one every Sunday night before he prayed. Always mumbling about how Country Mouse will be nothing more one day and everybody will be a Town Mouse.."

"Hah... he sounds smart." Miss Roselyn smiled.

"Really," I scoffed. "I thought the old man was crazy."

"But what are you, hun," Miss Roselyn asked. "The Town Mouse or The Country Mouse?"

That old man.. I think his name was Ernesto, used to call me the inbetween. A Country Mouse at heart but society made them a Town Mouse.
I disagreed and always chose Town Mouse even the day he switched wards and told me the fable one last time.

My words being.. 'Who gives a fuck about peace when you can have whatever you want? Shit, everybody can die at anytime- might as well make the most of it.'

I forgot about Ernesto until now, but his response.. now I remeber it vividly.

'But isn't that how you got here with me though, niño?'

I pulled into the parking lot of the condo and searched for a free parking spot.

"The Town Mouse," I said, putting the Cadillac in park as the GPS annouced we had reached our destionation. "I tried being a Country Mouse.. it didn't work out."

She raised a brow, "Hm-"

"We're here Miss Roselyn,"

I unlocked the car doors and looked back at her.

"..I'm interested what kind of pool parties you go too."

1,738 words

The Town Mouse or The Country Mouse.. which one has it better?

And which one are you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 273 28
Davina - Daddy issues, check. Book lover, check. Hot new bodyguard, I can't stop looking at, thinking about or flirting with, also check. He's hiding...
145K 4.6K 44
β˜† FEATURED in Wattpad's official New Adult account under 'There's Only One Bed | Romance' *** Vivian Rose St...
16.2K 373 71
An 18+ SEQUEL TO DANCING WITH THE DEVIL Description: Diya tries to navigate what it's like dating a CEO. She struggles to accept this businessman's l...
30.2K 1.4K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...