Slow burn PART 2

By Heartmyart

BOOK 2- This is the continuation of Renzo and Kat's story, with added BONUS chapters from characters like Dan... More

BONUS CHAPTER (Dante's POV)
Chapter 1 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 9
Chapter 11 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 14 BONUS (Dante's POV)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Dante's POV) BONUS
Chapter 24 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 29 (Renzo-short)
Chapter 30 (Dante's POV) BONUS
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Dante'sPOV)
Chapter 37 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 38 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 39 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 45 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 46 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 53 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 58 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 63
Chapter 64 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 65 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 70 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 71
BONUS (Renzo on Campus)
BONUS (One year later)
BONUS (4 years later)

Chapter 10

16.5K 500 51
By Heartmyart

        When Renzo offered to have me meet Vittoria I was serious when I said yes. If he has nothing to hide then let me meet the girl who likes to kiss my guy after he's already said 'there is a girl'. Not the best way to put it, but when is Renzo ever good with words? 

I wanted to see the dynamic between them. If she's going to be around for the next month then I need to know how worried I need to be. 

Yes, in the throws of passion Renzo spoke with such intensity when he told me I had nothing to worry about. Actually, that gravelly carnal voice keeps replaying in my head with some of the things he said. Like when he told me how crazy I made him for me. Even just thinking about how that night played out makes my thighs clench.

      When Renzo told me to 'never change my mind' about how I feel about him it felt like a step in the right direction. It felt like him telling me not to walk backwards with our progress because he wants to catch up. Maybe I read into pillow talk too much, but to me it felt like he really wanted me to love him. And that matters to me.

      Renzo did try to avoid this meet and greet at all cost, but when I didn't back down he finally caved and decided drinks at his apartment was better than us all being at his parents house having some big dinner. Rocco, Grace, and Dante are invited too, so it won't be just the three of us. 

My gut has been flipping all day when I think of it. I am nervous, but I don't see the reason why I should be. Just the anticipation of meeting the woman who's been sleeping with your current 'guy' for half their lives...it is gut clenching. 

I've played it up in my head to being this beautiful relationship abroad, in the romantic place of Italy, where passion overtook them for many years. I would like that to be a dramatization.

    I requested this though...so let the meet and greet begin.

-

        I had gone over to Renzo's apartment earlier than everyone else so I could help him set things up. There wasn't much. We just set the liquor cart by the sofas in his vast living room, and I added some little things to munch on as we socialize. 

Throw pillows! I should set the comfort level so we don't all feel high strung. One here...no, one here, then one there. Wait...one here. I wasn't trying to act nervous, but when Renzo saw me fidgeting with the throw pillows for the tenth time he came over and put his big warm hand on my shoulder. 

"I think the pillows are alright" he squeezed me and had me put them down. 

     "Are you second guessing your brilliant idea of meeting Vittoria? You still have time to back out" he held me at arms length to get a good look at me. I pursed my lips and shook my head no. "I want her to know I exist Renzo" I peeked up at him through my lashes, which softened his resolve. His hand came up and his thumb rubbed my cheek. He sighed but said alright.

When he paused and reached into his jacket I could see his eyes darting across his screen as he read a message. "They're here" he announced. My gut flipped like a bad pancake. "Everyone?" I followed him to the door he was walking across the foyer to open. 

"I had Dante pick Vicky up. My brother will be here shortly" he informed me. So, she is here. Not everyone. I gulped but took my position beside my kinda-not boyfriend.

      When the private elevator opened, out walked a stunning woman who took to this hallway as though it were a runway and we were all at the show. Vittoria Catalano, of the Catalano crime family, has gorgeous and entirely flawless olive skin, large breasts that were obvious, and I could already see she was one of those girls who is sexy without trying. 

The closer she got the more I saw her well maintained dress, perfectly plucked brows, and sparkling manicure. Vittoria has heart-shaped lips and a thick head of dark waves. When her eyes landed on me they were the shade of melted honey.

        Those honey melted eyes looked me up and down several times like she was a scanner machine trying to make a copy. When a smirk quirked up on her lips I was immediately self conscious. Why does she look amused? 

"Cuore Mio, ciao" she went to Renzo first and kissed both his cheeks. When she turned to me she said something in Italian, and I feel like she knows I don't understand and is doing it on purpose for whatever reason. 

"English, Vicky" Renzo reminded her anyway. "Oh. Not Italian?" She played on her innocence. Dante looked between all of us and cleared his throat.

     "Can we walk in the door or what?" He playfully waved us away from the hall. We all stepped inside and Renzo told everyone to come sit. I decided to slip into hostess mode. It'll ease my nerves to be doing something useful. 

"Drinks, anyone?" I looked around and saw Dante raise a hand. Instead of sitting, Vittoria leaned on the arm rest of the sofa across from Renzo, and I must say if displaying her body was the goal then she's hit it.

She was in a little black dress, even though the night didn't warrant such an outfit. My goodness her chest is large. Her cleavage is hard to miss, so if I keep seeing it I can't imagine where the guy's eyes are going. 

        "Vittoria, I'm Kat by the way. We didn't even get to introduce ourselves at the door" I turned suddenly when I realized how rude it was not to say a proper introduction. "Kat?" She asked to be sure she understood. "Like gatta?" She looked at Renzo who nodded yes. Again she looked amused.

"You seem to already know my name," she noted in her nice Italian accent. Something about the way she plays up her words is like she's always on the verge of telling something juicy.  "Yes, Renzo mentioned you" I nodded to answer her statement. Question? No, she definitely said that as a statement. 

"I bet he did" she spoke again, but I had already turned for the drink cart. By the time my head snapped back she was already looking elsewhere with that same little smile. Renzo stood and came to help me at the cart.

        "Kitten, have you started the next season or what?" I heard Dante speak through the silence. "I'm catching up. I swear" I walked over to hand him his drink first. When we spoke I couldn't help but feel Vittoria's eyes on me. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I feel like her gaze is following my every move. 

Renzo turned and handed the girl a glass too. She cupped her hands over his to retrieve the glass in a way she didn't need to. I refuse to be snappy and bitchy. She's testing me, but I'm just not that type of person. 

"Grazie, cuore mio" she said that name again. It's not how the Portuguese would say it, but it kind of sounds like she's calling him 'my heart'. Maybe it's a common endearment I'm unfamiliar with in their language. I won't look into it.

        "So, Kat, where did you meet this guy?" Vittoria said my name like it got stuck to her tongue. "Oh, funny story" I smiled, then took my seat beside Renzo so I could tell it. She seemed to be listening, but I felt like I was the bud of some inside joke in her mind. 

"So sweet, Renzo" she turned her attention to him once I told her the full story. Dante's eyes just kept darting back and forth at all of us. He'd taken a seat beside her, so we were two and two opposite each other with only a glass table between us.

        "Your English is very well spoken" I complimented Vittoria when she started speaking more and her accent wasn't hindering her at all. With makeup she plays up her eyes so when she shoots you a look it feels like the gaze of a sassy fox.

"How long have you two been...I'm sorry, what is your relation to one another?" Vittoria posed a question that turned the air in the room real stale. She's doing this on purpose. I placed my hand on Renzo's solid thigh beside me. He'd been sitting back this whole time almost like he didn't want to participate in any of it. 

He was just leaning back with his arm on the arm rest and that drink in his hand. When I touched his leg he put his hand over mine. Pride radiated through my chest. 

        "We're lovers," I decided to word it this way. Not my boyfriend, but we do sex better than anything else. Since they used to be lovers I figured she'd appreciate the 'relation' we share. Her brow ticked up in a perfect arch.

"Passionate, isn't he?" She dared to ask me, and with such a confident raise of her chin like she was somehow looking down on me when we're leveled from sofa to sofa. 

Dante almost choked on his sip of whiskey. Renzo's hand came off mine, but he sat forward and said something to Vittoria in rapid fire Italian I couldn't understand. Whatever she said back was equally as fast, but still it was all lost in translation. I wish I knew. 

        "Kat, mi dispiace, (im sorry) I didn't know you were sensitive to this topic. Everybody knows he's a shared man..I figured-" she didn't get to finish her condescending response before Renzo barked at her. "BASTA" (enough) he gave her the eyes that told her she was playing too close to the fire.

Poor Dante was about to try and play the peacemaker, but the knock on the door saved us all. "Rocco and Grace!" Dante shot up like his bum was too hot. He probably feels as awkward as I do. 

My heart is beating so fast. I didn't expect Vittoria to be so forward with her blatant rudeness. Renzo's jaw is so tight it's cut sharp, my hands are practically sweating, and Vittoria? She's smiling and crossing one leg over the other to leave her tan smooth leg out like an exhibition she wants you to marvel at.

        I hopped up after Dante did. I rushed to the door and helped greet the guests. When I glanced over my shoulder I saw Renzo had stood up, but he walked closer to Vittoria and they were sharing quiet words. 

"Grace!" I've never smiled so wide in my life. When I hugged the girl she seemed surprised by my enthusiasm. I whispered in her ear. "SOS, Vittoria is being so mean."

When I pulled away she rolled her eyes like she might not be surprised. Grace took my hand and patted it in silent support, and after I said hello to Rocco I walked everyone back to the living room. 

        "Drinks?" I asked again, but I sounded a little more high strung than I meant to. My nerves are so on edge I could see the shake in my hand when I went for another clean glass. I quickly put the cup down so it wasn't obvious. Breathe, Kat. 

"Thank you. How are you, I haven't seen you in a bit?" Rocco was kind and offered me a friendly smile and conversation when I handed him a glass. "I'm good, thank you" I smiled back. I know what he's really asking is 'how are you managing after murdering someone?' But only 3 of us in the room know about that. 

"You have to come by the restaurant to eat again. I'm offended you haven't eaten there in a while" he sent me his disarming grin to show he was just teasing me. "Oh, trust me, the food is delicious. I will definitely come by" I nodded, but caught something in the corner of my eye.

While I was looking at Rocco, Vittoria was looking at Renzo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 60.7K 63
"You're attracted to me Royalty, face it for fuck sakes," he said while taking another step closer toward me. "I'm not attracted to men Enzo especia...
434K 10.3K 79
BOOK 3 OF THE DE'MARCO SERIES. This book is a part of a series, but can be read as a standalone, please read the last paragraph for detailss. •••••••...
532K 19.1K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
1.5M 36K 78
(Part 2 of BlackHeart) The continuation of Mia and Domani's story after Dom walks out on her in Paris, unable to wait. Will the two find their way b...