Slow burn PART 2

By Heartmyart

BOOK 2- This is the continuation of Renzo and Kat's story, with added BONUS chapters from characters like Dan... More

Chapter 1 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 14 BONUS (Dante's POV)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Dante's POV) BONUS
Chapter 24 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 29 (Renzo-short)
Chapter 30 (Dante's POV) BONUS
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Dante'sPOV)
Chapter 37 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 38 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 39 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 45 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 46 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 53 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 58 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 63
Chapter 64 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 65 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 (Renzo's POV)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 70 (Dante's POV)
Chapter 71
BONUS (Renzo on Campus)
BONUS (One year later)
BONUS (4 years later)

BONUS CHAPTER (Dante's POV)

31.4K 504 95
By Heartmyart

        "Empty your pockets" the buzzer sounded and I was next to shuffle through the metal detector. I guess the bulge in my pants confused the guard who started feeling me up to be sure I wasn't carrying anything. 

"Woah there, at least take me to dinner first" I cracked a joke to the very underpaid correctional officer who didn't find it very funny. "Alright next" they shuffled me in, past one barred door until it closed behind me, then they opened the barred door in front of me.

Since my father has this prison under his control we get private visits instead of those lunch table looking rooms where everybody can see and hear everybody. Still doesn't make it fancy. It's one round table and a couple plastic chairs. There is a camera in the corner but no actual guards in the room. 

        "Hey pops," I walked over and shook my father's hand. He's not a hugger. "My boy, what's new?" He leaned back in his chair with a crooked grin like life is easy.  When I took my seat I actually got a second glance at him and leaned my elbows on the table to get a closer look at something.

"Is that a black eye?" That's a first in a while. "Eh, some young punk was swinging his dick around. It's nothing" he waved me off. "Pops, you aren't a youngin anymore. You might wanna stop fighting 'em." 

He chuckled and it's raspy from all the cigarettes he used to smoke. Still smokes. I just put money in his commissary before I came in. 

        "You sure about that? I can still beat your ass" my father motioned like he was gonna wrestle me to the ground, but that'd get us both pepper sprayed if they misinterpreted the gesture from outside.

"How's ya mother?" He asked the same question he always does. My mother cried for a year like she'd been widowed when my father got locked up, but the sentiment has since passed. She doesn't even visit him anymore. She's got a new hubby. 

"Yeah, she's doing fine" I dropped some smokes on the table for him. He gave me that crooked grin again.

        My father is a big guy. 6'2 like me, but heftier now that he isn't as active. He's always had heavy hands and I'm a kid with a smart tongue. I've been whacked and never learned my lesson. I was the 'good' son though. Dario was the real troublemaker back when I even had a household filled with a family in it. 

My dad's gray haired now, but he still slicks it back with a comb he keeps in his pocket. And he's always in his tan jumpsuit or those awful jail sweats. People say I look just like him, so I guess he's handsome.

        "What's Renzo need from me?" Is his second frequently asked question. Prison's don't stop mobsters from mobbing. My father has this prison wired because he does inside jobs for outside men. And the dirty coppers are in on it. 

My father does mostly what he wants, still within the bounds of a prison of course. "Ren doesn't actually need anything this month" I shook my head and tried snatching a smoke from my father who already had one dangling from his lips. 

Instead he kicked at the chair I was tipping myself back in, and almost made me fall backwards until I shot the seat forward, losing my grip. "Just because you live in a cage doesn't mean you gotta act like an animal," that smart tongue of mine wagged.

I can't help it. I say things. They're funny. My father bit his tongue and held the back of his hand up in warning. I backed off with a chuckle. 

        "Well if Renzo didn't need something, why'd you come today?" He asked me through the smoke that crowded his face. He squinted an eye to see through it. "Uhh, just to see you dad. Geez." I noticed him look up at the clock and back at me again. 

"What is it? What's the rush?" He wasn't subtle about it. He inhaled smoke and held it in his lungs while still talking, so half way through his words bits of smoke would puff out like a dragon. Or at least that's what I used to think when I was a kid.

        "I have a visitor coming," pops told me. "Who? I'm the only bastard that drives the damn two hours to see ya?" I was surprised. "A pen pal" he stated casually. "A what?" I looked him up and down and cringed. "Ew, a lady friend?! You're gonna fuck in here?" 

He only shrugged and didn't deny it. I rolled my eyes but caught on to his hurry.

         "Yeah, alright then pops. Good seeing ya" I saluted him. "Hey, wait a minute" he stood with me. I glanced back and he clasped my shoulder tight in his thick hand. "Good seeing you, my boy. Put some flowers on your brother's grave for me" he nodded and let me go.

 "Will do, pops" I knocked on the closed door and waited for the guard to open it.

"Oh, hey pops!" I called behind me. He looked over at my head poking back in the doorway. "Wrap it up when you, woot woot, I think I'm too old now for brothers and sisters" I motioned 'sex' with my hands then winked at him before I scurried off.

-

        "Brunette or blonde?" I asked Kat without explaining. Her eyes shifted to mine from across the table. We went to a bakery to try some tart or whatever the hell...something Kat wanted to try. "Blonde or brunette, what?" She asked me. 

"Who I should visit later," I smirked at her. When her face went flat it made me laugh. When she put down her coffee I knew she was about to address something. "You know, you give your cousin a hard time, but when are you going to find a nice girl?" 

I leaned back in my seat and tossed an arm up on the empty seat next to me. We're at a four person table with only the two of us. "When one pops up I'll consider it" I shrugged. 

She didn't look satisfied. "Dante, where do you ever go that a potentially nice girl would even come in contact with you?"

        I scoffed. "I go plenty of places" though I couldn't think of one off hand. 

        "You go to work, to clubs, and if you are anywhere nice you're usually with me, which gives off the impression that you aren't available. Or, you hit on the one scandalous girl over any of the nice girls in the room. Do you even see them? Probably not. Renzo has the same affliction. Trouble finds trouble. Oh, sorry...I feel mean. I just care about you and want to be the angel on your shoulder if I can be" she smiled sweetly. 

Kitten doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but she easily feels guilty when standing for something. She's come a long way though.

        "I see your point, BUT, I feel like these things need to come naturally. Like how you just happened to run into Renzo on the street. Let fate decide" I waved around us like fate was hoovering. Kat hummed. 

"Sounds like an excuse, but I won't push you on it. In the end, you are right. The more you force something the worse it bends." She looked out of the window and I could practically hear the thoughts churning. 

My cousin Renzo has this poor girl on an emotional roller coaster ride, which is ridiculous seeing as he's quite clearly crazy about the girl.

        "Is this because I told you about the barbeque?" Renzo is gonna kill me. I have a habit of telling Kat everything. He has a habit of NOT telling her much of anything. 

My Zia Claudia and my uncle were having a barbeque for just our immediate family. It's nice weather and they just threw this together as a quick idea. It's where I'm heading after this. I wasn't thinking and just mentioned it in passing, but it's not like I knew Ren was gonna be an asshole and not invite the poor girl.

        When I was the one to look out the window now, something caught my eye. I leaned back in my chair to follow the ass of a woman walking by. Kat facepalmed when she realized what I was doing. She's blushing for no reason. "What?! She coulda been a nice girl" I held my hands out. When she sorta giggled at my antics it made me grin.

This does bring me back to the topic of brunette versus blonde for tonight...my thought was cut short when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my inner coat pocket and saw it was one of our guys. "Yeah?" I answered. 

        "Uh, hey capo, we, uh, just wanted to tell ya that the shipment might be an hour or two later than promised" he told me. I pursed my lips and sighed. "And why are you telling me?" I asked him. "Cuz we really don't wanna tell the boss. He already asked about it" my goon told me. I shook my head but chuckled. I don't blame them. 

"You said an hour or two?" I wanted to be sure. "Yes, sir" he sounded more confident now. "That's fine. We don't need to update him about that. So long as it's only by an hour or two. Any later and I'm gonna have to tell him" I warned the man. "Thanks, Capo. Will do."

        A Capo is a boss below the big boss. That being Renzo. I'm Renzo's left hand man, but I do have my own guys that work under me. That's what Capo's do. It's a hierarchy. Renzo is definitely a very high boss that involves himself in much lower business most bosses wouldn't be bothered with. Ren is a perfectionist and a control freak though. So he involves himself in a lot.

"Do you have to get going?" Kat's soft voice cut in when I started putting my phone away again. "Unfortunately Kitten, I do. This is bon voyage for now" I stood and held a hand out like I was helping her out of a carriage or something. "Are you sure you don't want a ride?" 

When she shook her head no her curls fell forward like they always do. "I'm going to be around here for a bit longer. Thank you though. And have a wonderful time" she hugged me and wished me a good time at the barbeque she isn't invited to. I gave the top of her head a kiss and jogged across the street to my parked car.

Blonde or brunette?

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Hello Readers!! Thank you for coming back for more!! Here is just a preview of Slow burn's add chapters. Let me know if you guys want more. 

As always, thank you so much for all your love and support. Your likes, follows, comments, and votes mean the world to me!! Let the slow burn continue ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900K 32.9K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...
464K 12K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
404K 5.6K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...
458K 16.5K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...