Breaking Boundaries •jb•

By btwitssurina

When Hazel Lopez falls into the arms of Justin Bieber on a busy New York sidewalk, it's no secret that with o... More

1; Cockiness and Cussing
2; New York Sidewalk
3; Embarrassing Moments
4; Inappropriate Thoughts
5; Planning Revenge
6; Dinner and Questions
7; Staying Over
8; Flirting at Breakfast
9; Business with Pleasure
10; Movie Plotwist
11; Childish Games
12; Betting and Blackmailing
13; Hell at My Doorstep
14; Anger and Assumptions
15; Roadside Drama
16; Comfort and Confrontation
17; The Truth Hurts
18; Tease till It Comes
19; Fucking and Feelings
20; Coffee with Company
21; Bumps and Bitchiness
22; Decisions at the Doctor
23; Arguments in the Air
24; Surprises in the Corridor
25; Begging on His Knees
26; Maniac Meetings
27; Free Falling
28; London Lovin'
29; Midnight Kiss
30; Sweet and Sour
31; Personal Proposals
32; Mayhem in the Mansion
33; Giving and Getting
34; Business and Pleasure
35; Pre-planned Photographs
37; Too Little Too Late
38; Scratching the Surface
39; False Start
40; Happy Hangover
41; Presents and the Past
42; Indirectly in Love
43; Trouble in Paradise
44; Solutions in the Sand
45; Failed Attempts
46; A Turn for the Worst
47; A Little Distance
48; Back to Business
49; Trust Issues
50; Back to Reality
51; Love Me Like You Do
52; Home Sweet Home
53; Wishful Thinking
54; Double the Fun
55; Making It Official
REWRITE OF DEAL IS UP!

36; The Ugly Truth

38.2K 1.2K 1.8K
By btwitssurina

"I'm not twisting it...I can't twist the truth Justin,"

Hazel's POV:

"Stupid fucking boyfriend," I muttered, holding the massive bouquet of light pink peonies in one hand, balancing the weight as I took the keys from my mouth and shoved the right one into the lock of my apartment door violently.

I nudged the door open with my foot and walked through, closing it behind me with a loud slam before groaning loudly when I realised that I had left the keys in the lock.

"Fucking...ugh," I mumbled irritably, setting the flowers down on the ground before turning back to open the door and taking the keys out of the lock, only to nearly hurt myself in the process when I pulled a little too hard and my fist nearly pulled back onto my own face.

I sighed before whining quietly and shutting my door, the sound of Blue's footsteps following soon after as I turned around to pick up the flowers again.

I watched as he stopped stepping over to me once I leaned down to wrap my hands around the large vase that was encased in the clear plastic, the ruffled material flowing up and out before closing around the lip of the glass with a big white ribbon, a massive bow at the front.

The peonies were left with their long stems, the fresh green contrasting against the pink of the petals which made my heart flutter a little before it skipped a beat (in a bad way) when I remembered how much of a dick Justin had been these past two weeks.

Since the conference he had been...strange.

The whole bet had been put on hold and I was basically indirected to go home when Justin said he had other things to do and then literally walked out the house leaving me standing there like a lemon wondering what the hell went wrong and when.

At first I thought I had something to do with it and had literally forced myself to remember everything from that day only to come up with one stupid explanation...although that soon flew out the window when he would act shifty around me and all of a sudden have something to do with work which would have him up and leaving just like he had at his house.

He wasn't avoiding me because I was the problem; he was ignoring me because of the problem.

And to make matters worse, I had no fucking clue what the problem was and I was at a new level of irritation with the fact that he'd straight out ignored me for a whole week because of it.

Sure, I had gotten a text or two but for real...would a phone call kill him?

"And now he wants to send me flowers because they make everything better don't they," I said sarcastically to myself before Blue barked and I sighed, standing up with the flowers in my hand and taking a deep breath. "Stop being a bitch Hazel," I muttered to myself, making my way through the living room and to the kitchen.

I placed the plastic covered vase package onto the counter, my head tilting as I looked at it.

The more I thought about the flowers the more I felt bad for being a bitch and cussing him out (to myself) but then my mind would go back to what he had done and I felt the need to hit something.

"Why are men so confusing..." I whined, biting on my thumb nail and then huffing as I put a picture of Justin ordering me flowers in my head leaving me with the need to pick up the phone and thank him even though he had been an asshole for the past week or so.

I huffed dramatically, letting my shoulders slump heavily before I literally dragged my feet across the floor and to the living room where my phone was resting on the sofa.

I took it and unlocked it as I walked back to the kitchen, feeling nervous butterflies swarm around my stomach as I let my finger hover over Justin's name in my contacts.

The only reason I had nervous butterflies would be because it would probably be the first time I had called after he'd gone on his whole let me ignore Hazel for no apparent reason week...

That's what I had decided to call it in my head.

I walked back to the kitchen, my finger still hovering over his name as I made my way to the counter.

I looked up at the flowers again, holding my phone tight in my hand when I pouted slightly and let out a breath again.

Was he hiding something from me?

I mean why would he ignore me for a full out week unless he did something really bad....wait...did this asshole cheat?

Actually, before I jump to conclusions and go pick it out which size knife to use when I chop his dick off I should speak to him...maybe he has an explanation...or not but oh well...

"Deep breaths," I told myself, turning around the out of the blue gift so that the bow was facing the direction of the living room and as I did, I saw a small tiny card tucked away into the ribbon.

I raised an eyebrow, my eyes peeking over at the white square for a few seconds before I eventually put my phone down (which had locked itself with me taking so long) and pulled the card out of the ribbon.

The flower company's logo was on the front, Flora and Fauna in cursive pastel yellow typeface joined by their phone number and email and other stuff that I didn't need to read which made me turn it over.

As I did, I came face to face with the message that was on the back, my eyebrow raising suspiciously at the same time my heart beat picked up a little.

Sorry for being a dick,

Hope you like the flowers, call me x

"So you can send me flowers but can't pick up the phone?" I asked before scolding myself for being ungrateful...I need to put bitchy Hazel away.

I placed the card down before picking up my phone, I unlocked it and that followed with me pressing Justin's name immediately since I was currently at that point before.

I chewed on my bottom lip nervously as I heard his phone start ringing, the small buzzing sound putting me on edge the further the seconds went by without him picking up before it abruptly cut and his voicemail was sounded out...he either just declined my call or I'm being picky with small things...

I sighed, putting down my phone on the counter before looking back at Blue who had entered the kitchen as my brain swarmed with thoughts of what was going on between me and Justin.

I mean, the whole time he had been acting shifty he had only been in work for meetings and then gone straight back home (I presumed).

He had only talked to me a couple of times and when he had it had been about work which only amplified the hurt feelings that I had supressed when it came to situations like these...I didn't like being ignored, and I don't even mean that in a vain way...I don't like being ignored for a reason I don't know...especially when it leaves me with one hundred and one thoughts that all come to one conclusion where I think my boyfriend is cheating on me.

Fuck sake, I haven't even been with Justin for a month yet and look at what's happening.

It had been three weeks and four days (I'm not counting, can you tell?) since I had officially been with him and warning signs were popping up everywhere and I hated it.

Firstly Trent gets released from jail and now my boyfriend straight out ignores me relationship wise for a whole week...great...fucking great.

"What are you hiding Justin?" I trailed off quietly, picking at the flared out ruffles of plastic that had peeked out from under the ribbon as I thought about how ironic it was that he had told me to call him but he didn't pick up...

Maybe his phone is off...or he's ignoring you...but then again, his phone being off is a valid assumption...

"Maybe he'll pick up his office phone," I mumbled to myself before setting aside the flowers so I could lean against the counter and dial his number.

I did so, pressing the contact that said Justin Office and letting it dial...I put it on loudspeaker, holding it sideways in the air towards my mouth before the sound of it ringing successfully was sounded...although, just as my hope was brought up, just like his phone, the ringing was abruptly interrupted by the voicemail that was specific to his company and I squinted my eyes.

Is he straight out not picking up the phone because he knows it's me calling?

Oh this piece of shit...watch me...watch me fuck him up...

"So you wanna play like that huh?" I asked, my intention to thank him for the flowers slowly fading into an irritable fuzz inside of me that continued to build up as I quickly grabbed a pen and wrote down his office number on my hand and then pressed the dialling pad on my iPhone.

I put the number that you needed to block your own from the people that you called before putting in Justin's office number after and dialling it as I gritted my teeth momentarily.

I heard it ring successfully, my fingers pressing the loudspeaker as I felt Blue sit himself on my feet making the level of growing anger that was inside me falter a little but it became an all-time high when I heard the phone pick up.

"Justin Bieber speaking," I heard him say and I squinted my eyes, narrowing them angrily at my phone as I breathed out a breath through my nose, "Hello?" I heard Justin sigh.

"Did you just pick up the phone because you knew it wasn't me calling?" I asked him, my eyes beginning to be a little wide in offense because of what he had done and I stood up properly, Blue shuffling around over my feet as I waited for Justin to reply. "So you're going to carry on with this whole ignoring me thing?" I said angrily, adrenaline coursing through me steadily.

"Hazel, I've been busy," He said and I cringed at the way he said my whole name bluntly, my brain already accustomed to the babe, baby and Haze that he used around me.

"Too busy to even call me?" I asked him, my stance slumping as I felt a little hurt.

"I have work to do, you know that," He said and I heard another voice in the background, the words he's cheating flowing around in my head before they faded away when I realised it was a man's voice...who? I have no idea.

"But you couldn't even take out five minutes of your time to even talk to me?" I asked quietly, my anger faltering and leaving me upset as I registered my words and the situation I was in, the frequent sighs on his side of the line encouraging my upset factor.

"You're sounding real needy right now Hazel," He said and at that moment I felt like my body was starting to weigh me down, my chest caving slightly...

"Needy?" I breathed out; flashes of the things that my dad would say to me when he did what he did blinding me momentarily with that word...

"Shit, no I didn't mean that," He said quickly and I nodded to myself.

"Yeah, well I didn't mean to be needy either...so..." I trailed off, feeling the irritation build again at his words...I'll show you fucking needy you fucking assho-

"Hazel, c'mon don't be like-"

"Don't be like that?!" I snapped at him, "You've been so fucking shifty for the past two weeks and you decide to ignore me straight out for one and you have the nerve to call me needy?!" I spat and I heard him groan.

He has a death wish...Justin has a death wish.

"I didn't mean it like that, fuck sake,"

"Well then enlighten me with your version of needy please," I snapped, Blue shuffling away from my feet and leaning against the edge of the counter again as I continued to snap.

"I...fuck...why do you have to jump to things like that...this argument is so unnecessary," He drawled out irritably and I took a deep breath in.

"This argument wouldn't even be happening if you didn't ignore me for no apparent-"

"I didn't fucking ignore you, I talked to you and you know that Hazel,"

"About work Justin!" I cut him off hearing him mumble something under his breath, "Do you not remember that I'm your girlfriend or do you need a reminder of that...I mean fuck, I don't need you to wait on hand and foot for me but a phone call..." I said quietly, a strangled breath leaving my lips as I paused to refrain from the need to cry over something so pathetic, "...a how are you or are you okay rather than a Hazel have you reviewed over the contracts would be amazing Justin," I trailed off.

"But you know I'm busy-"

"You know what...just forget it," I said, cutting him off of the excuse that I knew I'd already begun to hate.

"Hazel..." He sighed.

"No, just forget it Justin," I snapped quietly, "I'll leave you to work since you're so busy," I said and I heard him groan again.

"Can you stop please?"

"Being needy?" I asked rhetorically, hearing him curse, "Yeah, sure I can do that," I said.

"If you're going to be like this for something so stupid then you shouldn't have called about it in the first place," He said, and I licked my lips.

"I was actually calling you to thank you for the flowers that you sent me originally but then I realised how much of an ass you were," I said.

"I didn't even send you flowers," He snapped back and a short hum left my lips in an oh really manner before I spoke up.

"Well then it looks like someone cares about me more than you do right now," I said bluntly hearing the first syllables of fucking something before it cut off when I hung up without a second thought.

Idiot...fucking stupid piece of motherfucking shit...ugh I hate him...I don't but I hate him...

"Blue," I said and he lifted his head up as I leaned down to him, kneeling as I rubbed the fur behind his ears. "Don't be rude to your girl okay?" I told him and he tilted his head, "When you get a girlfriend, don't ignore them for the week, you talk to them face to face," I said, shuffling myself so I was fully leaning against the counter and siting with my legs in front of me as I continued to talk to my dog like it was some sort of therapy for the situation...which it was.

Talking to Blue always helped even though he'd just look up at me with a tilted head and a face that I could only describe as what the fuck are you saying Hazel.

"And you know what you definitely don't do to your girlfriend?" I said as his body stepped over my lap, his back legs folding underneath him as he looked up at me, "Don't call your girlfriend needy," I said to him, biting on my bottom lip before I puffed out a heavy breath, the slight hurt showing through as Blue whined, nudging my arm with his nose.

"...you definitely don't call her that..."

><

Hazel's POV:

"You okay?" I heard Sienna say and I looked up from gathering the things I needed for the meeting, her body peeking out from behind my office door with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine," I told her, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and looking down as she squinted her eyes a little.

"You don't look it," She trailed off and I looked at her with a fake questioning look making her sigh, "You look like you've been crying,"

"I haven't been crying, so you'd be wrong there," I said to her, cursing mentally at the fact that my use of makeup hadn't done me any good.

"Is it because of the Justin thing?" She asked quietly and I shrugged simply, not giving her an answer as I busied myself with the task that was...piling papers together...nice Hazel...that doesn't look fake at all...

"Why would I cry over something like that...I have better things to cry about," I said to her, raising an eyebrow as she narrowed her eyes at me, "What? I'm serious," I told her.

"What better things have you got to cry about?" She asked and I put my hands to rest, leaning them against my desk as I looked at her.

"I could cry about the fact that Trent's out of jail?" I proposed and she went to speak up but her mouth closed when I put my hand up, "Or wait, I could cry about the fact that my dad, my own flesh and blood decided to help out with the situation," I added, a sweet smile following which made her glare at me.

"So it is the Justin thing then I'm guessing," She said and it was my turn to glare.

"It's not the Justin thing," I told her and she smiled knowingly.

"It is the Justin thing," She said and I puffed out an irritable breath.

"Trust me, I have been through things way worse than that...I don't need to waste my time on something as pathetic as that," I told her and Sienna stayed quiet at my door leaving me to my thoughts for a few seconds before I spoke up again, "Now, if you'll excuse me I need to get ready for this meeting," I said quietly and she went to say something but I stopped her, "Please Sienna,"

"I was just going to say that he's here," She counted softly and I mumbled oh remembering back to the argument that had me in tears minutes later, the thought beginning to make the words pathetic and stupid swirl in my head as I bashed myself internally.

"Not like he's going to talk to me anyways," I said quietly and she frowned, "Just um...forget what I said..."

"I'll see you in the meeting then," She said to me and I nodded looking at the iMac that was perched at the center of my desk at the same time she left my office.

As soon as the door closed I put my head in my hands, a wavered sigh leaving my lips before I looked down at the papers I'd need for the meeting.

Bieber Enterprises was heading all of them in deep navy ink, the back to back reversed B and E making up the well-known logo that was Justin's business...

I sat there contemplating reasons of why Justin had been ignoring me...my thoughts still coming back to the one explanation that he was cheating which made my whole body ache uncomfortably even though I was being stupid for feeling like that when I hadn't even been with him for that long...although, within our relationship frame my feelings for him had grown within the short space of time and I was having a love/hate relationship with it right now...

"Stupid guy," I mumbled, chanting be strong Hazel in my head as I made a decision to go to the meeting early.

I picked up my papers, grabbed my phone as I fixed my skirt before taking my keys and proceeding to walk out my office.

I walked out, side glancing Justin's office that I knew he was probably in before looking away and locking my own.

I walked down, holding the papers in my hand so that they held my phone and keys as I stepped through the corridor, the click of my heels echoing through the floor before I walked through the front and to the lifts.

I pressed the down button once I came to them, the doors simultaneously opening before I walked in and pressed the floor number for where the meetings where.

I waited patiently in the mirrored metal box, my thoughts still swirling around with the situation that concerned Justin...although they faded away when the lift stopped moving and the doors opened...I sighed, walking out and walking to one of the meeting rooms that was specific to the one I was in.

I walked in, seeing Jacob already setting up at the front with what he needed. He looked up once I walked through the door, a sympathetic smile following which I returned with a small one at the same time I walked past a few people who were also there and took my seat near the front.

I could feel them watching me as I put my things down, my eyes looking up at them which made them turn away straight after.

"Did you bring the terms that were needed for the proposal?" Jacob asked me and I looked down flicking through the papers I brought and then sighing irritably when I realised I hadn't.

"I'll be back," I told him and he chuckled lightly.

"Take your time, you've got ten minutes before we start," He said and I gave him a quick nod before walking out the meeting room with my keys twirling around my fingers.

I took the lift back up, my body leaning against the wall of the inside as I looked at my feet before the doors opened at my floor.

I walked out, brushing a piece of hair away from my face as I walked through to my office, the corridor seeming endless and my footsteps suddenly feeling like they were in slow motion.

I puffed out a heavy breath, shaking my head of the negative thoughts I knew I had before I finally reached my office. I unlocked it, stepping through to my desk before grabbing the papers I needed, not bothering to staple them because I couldn't be asked before I walked back out.

I turned around as I walked through, closing the door and stepping back as I went to push my key into the tiny hole at the same time my body was jerked to the side.

I huffed, the papers in my hand pushed away and onto the floor in a scattered mess as I heard a familiar and highly annoying voice mumble sorry.

"Watch where you're going next time," I snapped quietly at Cassandra as I bent down and shuffled the papers in my hand, mentally saying should've stapled them Hazel in my head at the same time I heard Cassandra speak up.

"Maybe you shouldn't be in the way then," She said sweetly and I pressed my lips together as I put the papers into a pile and stood up, facing her this time.

"And maybe you should stop being a bitch, but you know what we can't all have what we want sometimes," I spat, wondering why the hell she was on this floor in the first place at the same time I heard someone's door unlocking, Sienna's or Justin's I didn't know.

"That's pathetic," She laughed to herself, hearing the door that opened, close.

"Much like yourself-"

"This isn't a high school locker room," I heard the all too familiar voice say, both Cassandra and I's heads turning to Justin who was at the end of the corridor in a deep navy sui, "It's a marketing company, so act like you're an employee...you're not here to fight over something petty," He said and I raised my eyebrow in challenge, a scowl soon setting on my face as Cassandra mumbled sorry submissively.

So he wants to be an asshole face to face as well and not just over the phone?

"Whether we were fighting or not, it's over now so you don't have to worry," I said to him, watching as the blunt look he had softened and I scoffed quietly. "Excuse me," I said to Cassandra, walking past her and back through the corridor as I moved my hair away from my face with the hand I had my keys in and walked towards the lifts again.

I heard Justin and Cassandra talking behind me, their voices fuzzy as I demanded my brain not to listen at the same time I reached the lifts, my finger pressing down on the button before I waited a few seconds watching the doors open.

"Hazel!" I heard Justin shout from behind me when I walked in, my body turning around as I continuously jabbed the button that would get me to the floor I wanted at the same I watched as Justin jogged towards the lift.

My violent efforts only made the tip of my finger ache uncomfortably and Justin speed up his jogging, the doors only starting to close as soon as he slipped into the lift with me.

I pressed my lips together and stepped across into the corner as the doors began to close and the lift moved, Justin sighing in turn as I ignored him totally...although my efforts to continue that faltered when he suddenly jabbed a button on the panel in the wall and the lift stopped abruptly.

"If you think that stopping a lift is going to make me talk to you after what you've done, then you can think again," I told him, holding my keys and papers in my hands as he turned to me.

"Baby I can explain," He said with a sigh, taking a step towards me making me look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Go ahead, explain to me why you were acting shifty, explain to me why you decided to ignore me for a full out week and then explain to me why you had the damn nerve to call me needy yesterday, which by the way made me feel like shit," I told him, hitting his chest with my papers which didn't have him batting an eyelid.

"I have explanations but you have to trust me..." He trailed off, his expression wavering when I stared him down, "...Haze please,"

"You want me to trust you when the only thing that is going through my head right now is that you could be cheating?" I asked him and he looked down before doing a quick double take.

"Cheating?" He asked, sounding offended, "Fuck, Haze I'd never cheat on you where the hell would you get that idea from?" He said, his eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Oh I don't know...my boyfriend was being shifty for a whole-"

"Hazel-"

"-week and then he decided to ignore me for a full seven-"

"I get it!" He cut off angrily.

"No you fucking don't!" I snapped back, my throat tightening with the adrenaline that was starting to course through me, "If you did get it we wouldn't even be in this situation right now," I told him.

"I have my reasons,"

"Well then enlighten me please because I hate the fact that you did what you did, you left me assuming shit for so long I thought that it was actually happening," I snapped and he went to say something but I stopped him, "Don't even try to say anything right now because I just...I feel the need to take off my shoes and hit you over and over with the heel facing down to your face," I told him and he gave me a small nod after I heard him swallow hard.

Good bitch, be fucking scared.

"Take into account that I'm sorry," He mumbled, sounding sincere which pissed me the fuck off because I was on the brink of exploding in the still stable lift.

"Just make the lift move again so I'm not late to this meeting," I said, ignoring his apology to which I heard him mumble something at before he pressed two buttons on the panel at the same time and the lift began to move again.

It was only a matter of a few seconds before we came to the floor that the meeting was on, and just as the lift stopped moving Justin leaned in towards me and I put my hand up, feeling his lips press against my palm.

"Baby-"

"Don't baby me," I said bluntly.

"But I haven't kissed you in two weeks," He said and I hummed knowingly.

"I wonder who's fault that is," I said, pushing his face away from me with slight effort since he was leaning against me before I walked out and onto the floor once the doors were open.

I proceeded to walk into the meeting room only to stop momentarily when I heard Justin mumble come to my office after to talk behind me, a scowl still on my face and my brain fuzzy with the way he said he had explanations for what he did but I nodded anyways and then continued to walk...

"Work, focus on work," I mumbled to myself before pushing through the doors and walking into the room and smiling at Jacob who looked up again when I stepped through...just another hour of hell and then I can concentrate on the thing that had been on my mind for the past fourteen days...

><

Hazel's POV:

"Just use that one, then we can go forward with it," I said to Sienna and she nodded, mumbling something in agreement as she highlighted something.

I was still sitting in the meeting room with Sienna and Jacob, the rest of the people who were here up and gone as we took into account all their ideas for the latest proposal we had for other companies.

"Okay, so we have two so far, we just need three more by the end of March and then everything can be finalised in the beginning of April," Jacob said, stapling papers together as I nodded.

We finished up, my heart skipping beats now and then nervously at the thought of what Justin still needed to tell me...there were times in the meeting where I'd blank out and my mind would concentrate on that which had my focus totally out of whack.

Fuck sake, Justin why do you make me do things like that...

"Bye guys," I said to Sienna and Jacob, holding my papers, phone and keys in front of me as I walked out the meeting room hearing them say a quick bye to me in turn.

It was then when I felt someone bump into me again, my reflex to hold everything tighter actually working this time and everything stayed put in my hands as I looked up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," A brunette said, her hair dark and green eyes popping in contrast as she smiled widely.

...either Justin just hired her or she doesn't work here because I have never seen her before.

"It's okay," I mumbled slowly, trying to figure something out as I suddenly felt my body tense uncomfortably as she continued grinning at me, something about the way she did making me think that she knew something I didn't.

"You're Hazel right?" She asked and I raised my eyebrow, warning bells going off in my head as my assumption of her knowing something that I didn't being true because she knew my name but I didn't know hers.

"Yeah, um..." I trailed off and she nodded for me to go on, still smiling at me with bright eyes, "As much as I'd love to stay and talk..." Lie. "I need to be somewhere right now..." I said and she nodded, stepping to the side and putting her hand out like she was escorting me forwards.

"Have fun Hazel," She said and I gave her a tight lipped smile, walking forwards and letting it completely drop as I mumbled have fun Hazel questioningly at the same I walked towards the lift.

I pressed the up button, the doors opening within a few seconds and I walked in doing the same thing I always did for getting up to my floor, my body leaning against the back of the empty lift and seeing Sienna and Jacob open the meeting room doors with the mystery brunette still standing there.

"Haven't seen you two in a while," She spoke up to them as she turned around, Sienna and Jacob's heads turning to her and I didn't get time to see what happened next before the doors shut leaving me to think one hundred and one things...what the fuck...what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck...

I felt a wave of deep uneasiness wash over me at what had just happened, my mind still turning with the stuff that I needed to talk to Justin about as well as just not knowing anything with what were now two situations.

Fuck.

My chest caved in as I felt everything internally feel like it was dragging lower inside me, leaving me to slouch as I swallowed heavily, so confused and uncomfortable at the same time.

Was I the only one missing something right now?

Did Sienna and Jacob know?

Did Justin know the girl?

"Breathe," I told myself as the lift stopped moving and brought me to my floor, the doors opening in turn and I waited two seconds to make sure I was stable to walk because I was feeling nauseous and queasy...and that didn't seem fade when as soon as I walked out the lift I could hear an aggravated groan followed by a shout.

"You fucking destroyed everything that damn night," I heard Trent shout angrily followed by a loud smash and my eyes widened and I quickened my footsteps even though my head was literally telling me to stop and turn back.

"Can you let it fucking go, fuck sake?" I heard Justin say followed by a loud irritable groan from Trent, "It was a mistake," He added and I walked until I was at the start of the marble corridor seeing Justin's office door wide open.

What the fuck was going on?

"A mistake?" Trent laughed loudly, "God, you're as pathetic as Hazel sometimes,"

Ouch.

"Don't you dare fucking bring her into this," Justin spat and I swallowed the thick lump of nerves in my throat, my hands started to feel a little hot with what I was holding so I walked up to my office and placed them on the marble floor next the wall just a few inches away from the hinge of the door.

"Wasn't that the reason I came here?" Trent chuckled, both of their shouting stopping which had me more worried...

Angry people who don't shout are probably the scariest...

"I thought she was coming up here so you could lie straight to her face about why you were so quiet," Trent taunted and I could feel my heart beating in my throat as I looked at Justin's open door, not seeing both of them but still hearing them...their voices becoming clearer and louder as I walked quietly to where they were.

"I wasn't going to lie to her," Justin said, sounding conflicted when Trent shouted pathetic suddenly.

"You were," He laughed, "You're lying to yourself, even I know you were going to lie about that shit to her," He chuckled.

"I wasn't-"

"Face it Justin, Hazel at the end of the day will probably always be something that you'll use against me," Trent said and I stopped walking, a few steps away from the door as I replayed the sentence that Trent had just said.

Wait what?

"Hazel is more than that, don't fucking twist that shit," Justin spat and I suddenly felt light on my feet at all the stuff I was trying to process at the same time.

"I'm not twisting it...I can't twist the truth Justin," Trent said tauntingly, "I mean Hazel is what?" He questioned, "...the third girl that you've used against me,"

"Shut up,"

"No, no..." Trent drawled out, laughing at the end again, "You've used Blake and Natalia to get back at me and now you're using-"

"I'm not fucking using Hazel you idiot, why can't you-"

"Awh c'mon Justin," Trent cut in, my feet stuck to the floor as I listened in against the wall, who the fuck was Blake? "I mean, I'd hate to see you lose everything you've worked so hard for one day," He chuckled, "We all know you love to attain things that you can't have in revenge for those you couldn't be on the same level at," He said smugly and that's when everything started to register.

"Are you using me?" I cut in, nothing in my brain functioning once I realised what was going on, my feet moving on their own as well as the block that seems to sustain my brain to mouth filter.

Both of them looked at me as I stood at the door of Justin's office, his expression dropping and Trent's uplifting into a grin.

"Baby, no I'm not using you-"

"Oh he is," Trent said and Justin scowled, a glass shattered on the floor from god knows where.

"Can you shut the-"

"He's done it before; he's so good at this little game so I'm not surprised that you wouldn't know about this whole scheme he's got going on,"

"Please tell me he's making that up..." I asked Justin quietly, seeing him stutter for words, "Please tell me that all the stuff I just heard isn't true," I pleaded, my voice cracking at the thought of nothing between us being real.

"Haze, I'm not using you-"

"Shall I tell you a story about Justin?" Trent asked and Justin just sighed, sitting in his desk chair and putting his head in his hands.

"You're not going to stop him?" I asked Justin, his response was just him shaking his head in his hands as I watched Trent grin.

"See; have you ever thought about the way that Justin and I have rivalry?" He asked and I subconsciously leaned against the door, remembering the way that Justin had told me that the competition between them had been his fault all the way back when we had first kissed and we were in his office straight after.

"Yeah..." I whispered, barely audible to myself as Trent went on.

"Well I had a girlfriend...named Blake..." He said and I mentally made a judgement over the name, "It was February seventeenth, her birthday and me and Justin back then were friends...best friends actually..." He trailed off, a frown sitting on his face, "I was madly in love with her, even though I was only nineteen at the time and as crazy as it sounds I had planned that, that year on her birthday I would ask her to marry me," He said and I heard Justin huff angrily before he looked up from putting his head in his hands and looked at me.

"What has that got to do with-?"

"Me and Justin were doing the same business degree and there was this placement for this opportunity for you to start up your own company," He cut me off, "Justin had always been better at the ins and outs of building a business because of his dad, so when both of us got put forward to fight for the spot it was a surprise when I won the placement instead of him," Trent sighed, my peripheral vision showing that Justin was still looking at me.

"What did he do?" I asked Trent, feeling like my legs would give way if I looked at Justin.

"...he did exactly what he's continuing to do with you," He said, his demeanour changing and doing a complete one eighty and back when he chuckled and then stopped, "...he decided that it would be fun to get me back by fucking my girlfriend on the day I was going to propose to her," He said bluntly, "...just to get back at me for a job placement he decided to go to that extreme," He mumbled and for a second I felt bad.

"But that doesn't explain why you practically ignored me for two weeks," I said to Justin but still looked at Trent, my knees feeling as if they were about to snap when he spoke up.

"...I don't..." He started as I finally looked at him, "...I don't have an explanation for that," Justin mumbled and the hurt that I once had slowly faded to irritation.

"What?" I snapped, my eyebrows furrowing.

"...I don't have an explanation because what Trent said was true," He mumbled in remorse and I felt my throat close up.

"What?" I snapped again and Justin sighed as Trent began to smile.

"When I saw you at the charity ball and found out that Trent stood you up as his date I knew I could use you as leverage to use against him," He said, not looking at me in the eye and I clenched my hands into fists, my nails digging into my palms at his words. "I was being shifty these past two weeks because I knew whether I decided to tell you or not, Trent would find a way to tell you,"

"So I'm just a playing card in this fucked up game of yours?" I spat offended to say the least as I felt like everything was suddenly on fire.

"At first-"

"At first, now, fucking whenever it doesn't make a difference...what we have now stemmed from something that you only saw as a goal to fuck with him," I retorted and he sighed getting up and pushing himself away from the desk.

"Baby let me explain-"

"Don't fucking baby me, are you going to explain with an explanation you don't even have?" I asked him angrily, my words laced with venom as everything all came out at once in a messy menacing blur.

"Hazel, it's not like that," He sighed, walking towards me but with every step he took forwards, I took one back.

"I told you everything Justin," I said to him, a heavy breath leaving my lips as I looked at him, blurs of the last three months flashing behind me eyes followed by the word lies in my head.

"I was going to tell you,"

"When?" I asked him quietly and he stuttered for his words again making me let out a short pathetic laugh as I looked at him.

"Don't give me that look," He pleaded quietly.

"A look where I basically tell you I don't trust you anymore?" I asked rhetorically, my chest burning with hurt, anger and unbelievable offense of how I'd been played at the beginning.

"Haze," He trailed off when I turned around, my eyes focused on my shoes when I walked away from his office, shaking my head mumbling about how stupid I was...although I found myself being even more stupid when my body jerked, my feet stopping when I knocked into someone.

I looked up seeing the same weird brunette from before, her eyes shining bright as I felt my heart beating in my head at the same time I heard Justin following after...everything a blurred mess, although it all came to a halt, along with my breathing when Justin spoke up.

"Blake, baby I'm sorry," Justin breathed out pleadingly and I turned around quickly, looking at Justin who realised what he had just said.

"Blake?!" I asked rhetorically, Justin's face paled over as he looked at me, "This is fucking Blake?" I cried angrily, turning around to the brunette watching as she smiled.

"Haze, I didn't mean to say that...fuck," Justin said, walking forwards with a guilty look on his face and I felt like I wanted to scream and cry all at the same time.

"Save it," I told him quietly, a lump forming in my throat from everything...from the story, from Justin doing something so stupid over a job placement and then carrying on with his fucked up ways to including me in it years later...

"No, baby no don't do that," Justin pleaded quickly as I pushed past Blake and walked towards my office, "Hazel, please I was going to tell you," He said quietly, the sound of him jogging up behind me, "Baby, c'mon," He sighed, my wrist being taken into his hand as he tugged me back.

He looked at me, his eyes frantically searching over my face for something before I spoke up, using the words he had said to me before, my pathetic self not even realising how lightly I had taken them only to realise what they had meant at this moment in time.

"We all have secrets right?"

**Author's Note**

WAIT

WAIT

PUT DOWN YOUR PITCHFORKS AND SPEARS FOR TWO SECONDS LET ME JUST

OKAY WAIT *puts hands out protectively and speaks really really fast*

let me just thank you for getting BB to 519K reads and just for all the love and support because i was in hopsital on friday for severe dydration anD UGH AREN'T YOU ALL LIL SUGAR MUFFINS I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU BUT ANYWHO

....

NOW BASH ME

I AM READY AND ARMED WITH MY JAR OF JAZEL FEELS SO COME AT ME FAM

HATE ME

IM READY (im not) BUT IM READY

this is why i call myself satan

#SurinaIsSatan

BUT ANYWHO

my babies

SEE

YALL THINK I AM THIS LITTLE FAIRY FUCKING GLITTER PINEAPPLE BUT NO FAM I AM THE SPAWN ON SATAN I WILL FUCK YOU UPPPPP WITH MY FEELS

so yuh

SECONDS HASHTAG

#SurinaIsntAFuckingFairyGlitterPineapple :)

so yuh

HAVE FUN

LETS SEE IF THIS GETS 500 VOTES AND 350 COMMENTS

ILL CRY WITH YOU AND MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER FUN

OKAY

OKAY COS THE UGLY TRUTH

waddup title reference

ANYWHO

come hate me on twitter @JxnnerSlays

and on iG and snap chat @btwitssurina

I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK

VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER

500 VOTES AND 350 COMMENTS :D

Love as always *whispers* satan *flicks hair*

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 7.7K 36
"Be mine, Hailey." He breathed against her neck, loving how she smelled like honey. She always smelled so damn good and it drove him crazy. He just...
476K 18K 144
Just your generic Jason McCann kidnaps girl type of thing... Sweetheart. I remember the way that name rolled smoothly off Jason's tongue. I rememb...
113K 1.7K 27
The Belieber He Fell For . My first FanFic . Don't be too tuff on me please :) . When Faye Aged 17 see's Mr.Bieber in a car park of a cinema , they...
7.6K 221 86
Eloise Taylor never thinks that she can find love again after her past. She returns home and is in need of a job when she applies for one she never t...