Little Mischiefs [Inglorious...

By Y_Allen

LITTLE MISCHIEFS will be an anthology book - a collection of stories of Black/Inglorious Bastards, and some B... More

LITTLE MISCHIEFS
Ψ BASTARDS ART
Δ Yer A Demigod, Carina
Δ His Name is Roman, But He's Half-Greek God
Δ Theodore's Master Plan Involves Baiting and Card Games
Δ Enter: Percy Jackson, and the Series of Events that Followed
Δ Carina Goes Skiing with Monsters and Roman Speaks in Couplets
Δ A Side-Quest Made for the Bastards: Enter the Maze
Δ Theodore, the Master Weaver and Carina Races in Route 66
Δ Regulus Treats Missing Children Chinese Food, and Carina has Wings
Δ Cars Fly, and Theodore Turns Dumb (According to Clarisse)
Ψ Bastards Art: Costume Party
~ IB: The-Jealous-Dick and Territorial-Twat
Ψ Bastards Art: PRIDE MONTH
Inglorious Bastards Key Chain
~IB: Along Came Viktor
~ IB: Spa Day with Uncle Rome
Scratched Out IB Plot Idea That I Wished I Put In
Ψ Bastards Art: CONCEPT ART
~ IB: Daisy Dursley
+ What if Regulus Black Survived? [Part 1]
+ What if Regulus Black Survived? [Part 2]
+ What if Regulus Black Survived? [Part 3]
+ What if Regulus Black Survived? [Part 4]
+ What if Harry Lived with Sirius and Emmanuelle? [Part 1]
+ What if Harry Lived with Sirius and Emmanuelle? [Part 1.5]
Δ PANIC! At Camp Half-Blood and Theodore Gets in Trouble
Δ Clash of the Titans (Not the Movie)
Δ Months Before the Disappearance of Perseus Jackson
Δ When Two Worlds Collide
~ IB: A Happy Christmas
~ IB: In Which an Apprenticeship was Made Between Two Weasleys and a Black
Δ The Romans Are Fast Builders... Gaea Hates Us for Global Warming
+ What if Harry Lived with Sirius and Emmanuelle? [Part 2]
Δ: Io Saturnalia
+ What if?: Harry Lived with Sirius and Emmanuelle [Part 3]
+ What If?: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 3.5]
+ What if?: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 4]
+ What if?: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 4.5]
~ IB: Hermione's Predicament
~ IB: That One Family Trip to Greece
~ IB: Malfoy and Black and Nott
~ IB: First Time Alone
~ IB: Our Little Family
+ What if: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 4.75]
~ Black/IB: The Knocking on the Door
× Dear Reader, It Seems We Are Graced With A Bastardly Presence
× Dearest Reader, Nothing is More Delicious Than Forbidden Tea
+ What if: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 5]
Ψ Bastards Art: Witch Weekly
Ψ Bastards Art: Photos [Part 1]
Ψ Bastards Art: Character Quotes
~ IB: Primary School, and Frequent Visitors to the Headmaster's Office
~ IB: Old Rivalries Die Hard
Ψ Bastards Art: Photos, It's Your Turn Totell The Story
+ What if: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 6]
~ IB: Eat, Love, Maisie
~ IB: The Quidditch World Cup of 2014 (A Step)
Regency in Diagon Alley: AN OFFER FROM A GENTLEMAN [PART I]
Ψ BASTARDS ART: Family Aesthetics
+ What If: Voldemort Never Became the Dark Lord?
Regency in Diagon Alley: A GENTLEMAN'S OFFER (PART II)
~ IB: Roman: Professional Quidditch Player, Best Friend, Wingman...ish
Ͽ Δ: Ilvermorny Massachusetts Student Exchange! P2

Ͽ Δ: Ilvermorny Massachusetts Student Exchange! P1

206 12 1
By Y_Allen

Hello! As many of you know, this is a re-post/re-published chapter. I wrote this a few years ago after being hooked with Percy Jackson and the Bastards, and just wanted to see the two worlds in a story. I unpublished this short/novella because I wasn't sure on how to continue, but after looking back to it, I think I found the right approach for this fluff-crossover of the Black-Nott kids and the Percy Jackson characters.

Hope you like it!

~*~

It was normal for at least one of the Nott siblings to be called to the Headmistress’ office. Each one of them had their fair share of visit to see the Headmistress, and all with different reasons, but rarely for commendations or a medal. Unless Hogwarts decided to add mischief making and sneaking into the Restricted Section in the library as an award. But the reason why all four of the Nott siblings were called out of their classes was neither for awards nor the sticky webs that Romulus, James, Fred, and Viktor placed on the moving stairs so they could try to swing around. 

Theo was in his Care for Magical Creatures class when a Prefect came to excuse him from Hagrid. He, Albus, and Scorpius were busy learning about Nifflers, cute little things that managed to get Albus’ watch, and the boy has been trying to get it from the rodent. 

“I told you to hide your valuables,” Theo mocked as he handed some chocolate coins to the Niffler that rests on his head. The Niffler was more than happy to see the golden wrapper and grabbed it immediately. 

“I forgot, okay! Just help me!” Albus jumped on the Niffler but the little bugger was fast and he ended up crashing on the ground.

“Why should I? I’m enjoying your torment – this is grade A entertainment, right here!”

Scorpius laughed then handed the Niffler that was on his shoulder a shiny button. 

“I HATE YOU!” Albus exclaimed. “GOT YOU!” He had the Niffler in his grasp. “Now, give it back – don’t make me reach in there to get it!”

Theo sighed, he took the Niffler on his head and handed it to Scorpius. The Niffler was not too happy to be removed from his fluffy bed.

“Everyone!” Theo told to those around them. “Make sure to hold on to your Nifflers or there will be a problem, and if there is, make sure to blame Albus.”

“What are you planning?” Rose asked as she approached them with her own Niffler.

“Getting your cousin’s watch – it’s so valuable that he couldn’t take it off for a second.” Theo got out a chocolate coin to show to the Niffler, immediately, the Niffler made grabbing motions towards him. Theo grabbed the little rodent by the feet and hung it upside down then started tickling it. Mountains of gold and silver came out of the Niffler’s pocket – coins, bracelets, pendants, broaches, some diamonds, and other precious stones.

“Hagrid, where did you get these Nifflers?” Scorpius asked. “And where do you keep them?”

“Oh, I just keep em here, in the grounds, they like to roam around,” Hagrid happily answered.

“Either the Nifflers wandered a bit too far from Hogwarts or Hogwarts is sitting on priceless treasure.”

Theo started to shake the Niffler to get all the valuables out, so many valuables came out but still no watch. “Well, in Roman mythology, Pluto is the richest god because of his Realm – the Underworld – has lots of precious stones, gems, and gold – ha! Got it!” 

The watch fell out of the Niffler and Albus quickly hid it in his bag. As a reward, Theo gave the Niffler some sweets, and the Niffler happily took it and stuffed it in its pocket, then the small thing managed to get out of Theo’s hold and started hoarding the shiny things into his pocket once more. 

“Now, wha’ ye just see, was a good demonstration of how to get the things out of a Niffler’s pocket,” Hagrid clapped his hands. “Good man, Theo – ten points to Slytherin.”

Scorpius happily punched the air with the points they got. Theo took his Niffler from Scorpius and lets the little thing sit on his head, since he was a boy, he enjoys letting the Nifflers sit on his head. Whenever he would see a Niffler, he would feel like that little boy who would play with his siblings in the Niffler pen, petting them, feeding, or playing with them. 

Approaching Rose, Theo helped her with keeping her Niffler still by handing it some gold coin chocolate. “A little trick I learned from Dad, always have a gold wrapper with you for the Nifflers. You’re welcome.”

Rose had a deadpan look. “Merlin, you’re a bloody know-it-all.”

“And you aren’t? Don’t worry Rose, not everyone is good with magical creatures. It just so happens; I grew up in a magical reserve surrounded by them.”

“Stop with the godly pose. Gloating doesn’t suit you.”

Theo was about to give a witty remark when Hagrid sudden called for him. “Theo, yer being called to the Headmistress’ office!”

“What?” Theo turned to Hagrid and saw his sister standing there with her Prefect badge for everyone to see. “I didn’t do anything. Honest!”

“You’re not in trouble, little brother, Professor McGonagall just wants to see us,” Sofia sighed. “Come on, and leave the Niffler.”

Turning to his friends, Scorpius and Albus shrugged and urged him to go ahead. He first grabbed his Slytherin robes and bag, then handed the Niffler back to Hagrid before joining his sister. The two Notts climbed up the hill from Hagrid’s hut to the castle, and the whole time, Theo tried to fix his uniform, his tie especially. He always felt like being suffocated when he uses a tie, so he would only put it on loosely. 

“You said us. Does that mean Rom and Vik are also there?” Theo asked.

“Yes, they are,” Sofia answered. 

“That can’t be good.”

“Why?”

“The last time that all four of us were called by McGonagall was because Rom and James used the Reponere spell and got themselves tangled up, so we had to accompany them to St. Mungo’s. We had to endure a long train ride looking at the mutation-mess those two made.”

Sofia snorted. “Remember what Dad said to Mum when they, and Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny came to St. Mungo’s and saw them like that?”

“You’re lucky that I practiced the spell to fix this when you and Rome tried to do this to yourselves,” Theo laughed.

“And Uncle Harry was all, ‘What am I going to do with you, James?’.”

“Did you know that the croaking pigeon Dad accidentally made just laid eggs? Now there’s a whole flock of croaking pigeons in Hogwarts.”

Arriving at the statue leading to the Headmistress’ office, Sofia said the password and a flight of stairs appeared before them. Theo and Sofia climbed up the stairs and knocked on the closed door. When they heard McGonagall’s call, they entered the office and the first thing they saw were their brothers, standing there with their uniforms a mess. 

“Potions,” Viktor answered before Sofia could ask. “I was just casualty

“Ah!” Sofia looked at her brothers to see their state, she then leaned forward to take a whiff. “Were you trying to brew… Daught of Juliet? Based on how you smell, you added too much bezoar – it’s a poison, the bezoar is just something that would help you wake up after a few minutes.”

“A pinch would do,” Theo added.

“Told you,” Viktor muttered.

“It was James! We were paired up, and he added an extra bezoar in our cauldron!” Romulus exclaimed. “When I specifically told him not to!”

A cough caught their attention, the four siblings turned to face the Headmistress. Professor McGonagall sat on her chair behind her desk with a stern look, though she looked like someone who might give them a good spanking for the mess at the stairs (a long story), the siblings only smiled innocently. A technique they learned from their godfather, Roman, who was the Headmistress’ nephew.

“It’s nice to see that two of your four is talented with Potions and could identify the ingredients by a simply whiff,” McGonagall spoke. “I do hope that you are all doing well in your classes – Mr. Nott and Mr. Nott, especially.” She stared at the two fifth year boys from top to bottom and saw their dirty and burnt uniforms. “I heard that you two are doing well in Professor Ennis’ class. I believe she is now teaching dueling, yes? And Mr. Nott,” McGonagall turned to Theo and sighed. “I heard Mr. Binns caught you sleeping in class.”

“Late night studying,” Theo answered.

“Since the beginning of term.”

“Really long nights.” 

McGonagall sighed. “Well, there nothing seems to be a problem with your grades or school performance. So… now, let’s get to business.”

“What business, Professor?” Romulus grinned.

“Your mother and father sent me a letter this morning about a business trip your family will have,” McGonagall showed the letter. “And it is said here that the trip was moved up due to demand by the parents of the students in Ilvermorny. So, instead of leaving during the holidays, the trip will be pushed five days from now.”

“Hold on, Professor Minnie, does that mean we’re having our holiday break early?” Romulus said.

McGonagall didn’t look amused with the nickname. “Yes and no, Mr. Nott, as it is requested by your parents. As you can see, your family

“Five days from now?!” Sofia gasped. “But what about classes? We have OWLs this year, Professor! We can’t miss a single class!”

“Shush!” Romulus covered his sister’s mouth with a tight clasp. 

“What about our classes?” Viktor asked. 

“Does that mean we get a free pass on all our homework and tests during these weeks we’re gone?” Theo asked.

“Months we’re gone,” Viktor corrected.

“Who cares! We’re going to America, again! And best part? We’re finally going to see Great-Granddaddy’s school! And from what I heard, students there are more liberated,” he winked at Theo and Viktor. “What’s more exciting than that?!” Romulus exclaimed. “But of course, nothing beats Hogwarts, Headmistress – all the mystery, and the Chamber of Secrets in the girls’ bathroom, and hoggy-warty and all that.”

McGonagall just stared at Romulus with a deadpan look. “Since you will be pulled out of school for five to six weeks before the official holidays, your parents reassured me that while in Ilvermory, you will be joining the students in their studies. I have seen Ilvermony’s curriculum, and it is quite similar with Hogwarts’ own – Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Herbology, Charms, Transfiguraiton, Astronomy. And for your electives, they have different names for it, but they do have all the classes. During that time, you will continue your studies there, and the Headmistress of Ilvermorny will be sending your works here at Hogwarts for your teachers to see and add to your grades. Is that clear?”

“Crystal,” Sofia took her twin’s hand off of her mouth.

“Super,” Romulus added a little kissy effect.

“Very,” Viktor nodded.

Theo just nodded and tucked his hands into his pocket. Though he looked calm, he was actually excited to go to Ilvermorny and study there for a month. He’s heard of stories about Ilvermorny from his great-grandfather’s portrait, from the words his great-grandfather’s portrait used to describe Ilvermorny, Theo has created a picture in his mind at how beautiful the castle is, especially the statues of the school’s four Houses, the Pukwudgie, the Horned Serpent, the Thunderbird, and the Wampus – heart, mind, soul, and body. 

He wondered what House he would be in. He and his siblings – he always thought Romulus would be suited in the Thunderbird, Sofia in the Pugwudgie, Viktor in Wampus, and him in Horned Serpent. 

“I will be talking to Ilvermorny’s Headmistress this afternoon, to discuss about this temporary transferring of students, and I will be giving her your records,” said McGonagall.

“When you mean record, you mean grades, performance, and…” Viktor began.

“And conduct, Mr. Nott.”

Viktor shrank and started fidgeting with his thumbs.

“You four are exemplar students in all your classes.”

The four siblings grinned.

“But have an eye for trouble.” The Headmistress said sharply. Their grins dropped and they four of them fidgeted in their places. “Now, when you start your classes in Ilvermorny, I expect that you all will be in your best behavior. Show to them that students from Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry are exceptional. And good role models. Can I trust you all in that?”

“Yes, Headmistress,” they answered.

“Good, now you are dismissed. Go have your lunch and tell your teachers to come in, I will be discussing about the arrangements with them.”

“Goodbye, Professor,” Sofia nodded then walked out of the office with her siblings.

“Oh, Nott!” 

All of them turned. “Which one?”

“The responsible one.”

Viktor stepped up before Sofia could. “Yes?”

“They’re all your responsibility.”

Viktor shrank in his place and then nodded. “I’ll make sure that they won’t burn down the school.”

With McGonagall’s nod, the four siblings left the office, told their teachers that the Headmistress was all free then ran to the Great Hall to meet with their friends. 

~*~

“WE’RE GOING TO AMERICA! WE’RE GOING TO AMERICA!”  Romulus cheered loudly as he and his siblings ran through the corridor to get to the Great Hall. Since coming of the office, the four siblings have been planning about what they were going to do once they got to Ilvermorny. Sofia was more curious with their sleeping arrangements and uniform, and if they were to wear a uniform, does that mean they have to be Sorted to Houses as well? While she talked about that with Viktor and Theo, her twin was busier with announcing to every student and ghost in Hogwarts that they were leaving three weeks before the holidays.

“Peeves!” Romulus called the poltergeist when he saw the jester about to cut the ponytail of a Hufflepuff boy. 

Peeves grinned mischievously and snipped the scissors, cutting the ponytail before flying to where Romulus was. He tried cutting Romulus’ chin length hair but the boy used a spell to keep that from happening. “Yes, Junior?” Peeves used the teasing name, after learning that he was named after Sirius Black. 

“We’re going to Ilvermorny in five days!” Romulus grinned. 

“Ilvermorny – America. What fun!”

“I wonder if there are ghosts in their castle too.”

“Most likely,” said Theo. “Every place has ghosts, you know. What I’m more interested in is if they have a poltergeist like Peeves there.”

“Now, that’s the ghost I want to meet!”

Peeves’ mischievous grin fell. “Another poltergeist in another school?”

“There has to be one, right?” Romulus shrugged. “You’re not the only poltergeist there is in the world, you know.”

“B-But no one is as funny as me – or mischievous!” Peeves tried make a little trick with his poltergeist abilities but the siblings were to immerse with the ghosts and beasts they would see in the grounds. “Lookie here!”

“We’ll make sure to have a photo with that poltergeist, Peeves! Maybe you might be penpals or meet in some jester poltergeist convention in the future!” Romulus hooked his arm around Viktor and Theo and dragged them away and started to sing Ilvermorny’s school song. “Ilvermorny-Massachusetts! We choo-choose it!”

“We choo-choose it!” His siblings sang along.

“Rom? Viky?” Peeves whimpered.

Their singing caught the attention of many students, their friends mostly, who suddenly sang Hogwarts’ very own song to battle theirs. It went on until they came to the Great Hall and sat down in one table at the Gryffindor table with James, Fred, Scorpius and Albus, Lily, Hugo, and Rose. James wasn’t too happy when Cillian Diggory came to the table and sat down on the spot beside Sofia. 

In the middle of last term, Sofia and Cillian suddenly started dating. Theo claimed that it started when Cillian Diggory came to the reserve one summer with the boy’s uncle, Morgan Diggory, and the two suddenly hit it off, like good old friends. Then, when at Hogwarts they were really close. It was a surprise since the two kept their lives private and were good at hiding it from the whole student body which meant something, considering every corner in Hogwarts had the nose for a good gossip. Then, suddenly, they were together. James didn’t really realize that he loved Sofia until he found them kissing in the corridor at the start of the term.

“Why are we singing school songs?” Fred asked.

“Haven’t you heard?” Romulus grinned. “We’re transferring to Ilvermorny!”

“WHAT?!” James and the others exclaimed. “YOU CAN’T TRANSFER TO BLOODY ILVERMORNY!”

“NOR CAN YOU MOVE TO AMERICA!” Fred added.

Lily’s lips started to tremble in sadness.

“Y-you can’t leave!” Scorpius wrapped his arms around Theo. “Don’t leave us, Theo!”

Theo blushed deep red when he saw the other students laughing at him. He quickly pushed back Scorpius. “WE’RE NOT MOVING TO AMERICA!” He exclaimed. “It’s just a temporary transfer!”

“What do you mean?” Cillian asked.

“Mum and Dad’s convention and seminars in America – it’s a three-week long thing, with us jumping from state to state because each state has different Magical Creatures that need tending. But, along with it, they’re also asked to do some sort of seminar in Ilvermorny. But due to popular demand – which I like to believe it is – Ilvermorny wanted to have the seminar rescheduled so all of the students could be in attendance,” Sofia explained.

“We leave in five days, then from there, we will be celebrating Christmas in America – and I heard Grandpaddy and Grandma are coming there as well, with Ethan, Elias, and Masie,” Theo added.

“But, if you leave tomorrow, you’ll be out of school for a month,” said Cillian. 

“That’s the best part! McGonagall’s already talking to Ilvermorny’s Headmistress for our temporary transfer!” Romulus said. “Do know what this means? We will be the first ever outsiders to see Ilvermorny!”

“Outsiders meaning students from another magical school,” added Viktor.

“Merlin, I have to prepare my American accent. Don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.”

“NO!” Sofia, Viktor, and Theo exclaimed. “IF YOU DO THAT, YOU WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB!”

“Besides, McGonagall told us to behave,” Viktor added.

Theo scoffed. “Like that’s going to happen. It’s not like all of the students in Ilvermorny are saints!”

“Aren’t you all half-American?” Cillian spoke.

“Quarter,” Sofia told him. “Quarter-American, Quarter-Greek, and Half-British.”

“Don’t forget Great-Grandfather’s German roots,” Theo added. “The Goldsteins are German settlers, came to America in the sixteenth century. So, there’s that… and from what I heard at the Black family tree, they originated at –”

Romulus covered his brother’s mouth. “What matters is that we’re finally going to learn more about our American side.”

“How about your Greek side?” Rose asked with a raised brow.

“We go to Greece every summer. Dad likes to throw messages in a bottle to his grandfather that says “fuck you”,” Viktor shrugged. “And we got to see Beauxbaton one summer, when Mum brought all of us to a Maj-Astra convention and saw Great-Grandmother’s school.”

“Beauxbaton,” Romulus and Theo sighed, whimsically.

“Got my first kiss with a Beauxbaton,” Romulus proudly said. “He has perfectly soft lips. And Theo had his fun too.”

Scorpius, Albus, and Rose turned to Theo with wide eyes.

“You kissed a girl when you went to Beauxbaton and didn’t tell us?!” Scorpius exclaimed.

Theo shrugged then said in French, “What happens in France, stays in France.”

“What was she like?”

“I promised that I won’t tell.”

“I can’t believe it, you were kissing a girl when you went to France, while we had to go hiking in the bloody mountains with Grandpaddy!” Albus punched Theo at the shoulder.

“I like Grandpaddy’s hikes,” Viktor spoke.

“Vik, we always get lost and find a bloody bear when we hike,” Romulus told him.

“What is it with Grandpaddy and hiking, anyway?” Sofia asked.

“Grandma said that he’s just bored, that’s why he goes hiking,” said Theo. “Well then, won’t be long until we get our letters from Mum and Dad, saying about the change of plans, and we will be packing for our very fun month in Ilvermorny.”

“Lucky, I want to see Ilvermorny too,” Rose huffed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll bring you home a bottle of dirt from Ilvermorny, Rose. Along with a photo of me standing at the gates,” Theo teased.

Rose was about to stab him with her quill but Fred stopped her. “Down, girl,” he took the quill.

“Since you’re going to America, I guess we’ll be celebrating Christmas at the Burrow, huh?” James sighed. 

“Don’t worry, Jamesie, it’s just one holiday,” Sofia rested her head on James’ shoulder, chuckling. “Viktor will promise to give Rom a kiss on the cheek for you every night.”

“No, I won’t,” said Viktor.

“Wouldn’t mind a kiss from you, Sofe,” James teased. “Come on, pucker up!” He made a kissy face and tried to land one on Sofia’s cheek.

Sofia snorted and pushed James’ face away. “Your breath smells like sausages!”

“Do you like it!” James breathed out on her face.

“Stop, you’re disgusting!” Sofia laughed, she hooked her arm around his shoulder, much like when they were children, and rested her head on James’ shoulder. “Merlin, there is one thing that Ilvermorny doesn’t have that I won’t ever think of choosing it over Hogwarts.”

“Awe, Sofie, that’s really sweet –” James began.

“She meant blood pudding, James,” Viktor pointed to the plate that was laid before there.

“Seriously, woman, you’d choose food over us?!” James exclaimed.

“Just like Theo would choose a Beauxbaton girl over us!” Scorpius rolled his eyes.

Theo turned to him with a deadpan look. “I’d choose that Beauxbaton girl right now!”

Days after the siblings got their parents’ letter, explaining the plan and the transfer, the four Notts began their packing. Dumping every book, piece of clothing, shoes, and other belongings into their trunks. And since Romulus sang “ILVERMORNY MASSACHUSETTES, WE CHOO-CHOOSE IT!” Since learning of their trip, the whole student body knew about their departure, and the four of them became the most interesting people in school. In the Slytherin Common Room, Theo and Sofia were asked by their Housemates about the trip and were asked if they could bring home a souvenir from Ilvermorny. “I’ll bring home dirt, and each one of you can have a spec,” Theo told them.

“How many girls have you really kissed, Theo?” Scorpius asked.

“I bet he kisses one girl from every country he goes to,” Albus said.

“I kept the fact that I kissed a girl in France, and you both are making a big deal out of it, unbelievable,” Theo slammed his book shut. 

“I don’t see the problem of kissing someone while on a trip,” a girl suddenly spoke.

Looking up, Theo, Scorpius, and Albus saw a girl with dark hair that reached her shoulders, and a crown like braid over her head, and was carrying a book about music in her arms. 

“Hello, Roth,” Albus began. “Do you mind? The adults are talking.”

“Adults? I don’t see them? What I do see are three pubescent teenage boys who are making a big deal about kisses,” said Roth. “Virginity is a construct, much like how first-kisses are overrated.” 

“Are you sure you’re a second year?” Theo raised a brow.

“You’d be surprised. I heard you’re going to America, Nott,” Roth turned to him.

“I am, want some dirt too? I’m bringing home a bottle for everyone,” he joked.

Roth snorted. “First time there?”

“No, probably my third time going there – our family travels a lot.”

“That’s nice. If you go to the Statue of Liberty again, go to the head, you’ll find something of mine there.”

“What? A moldy corndog?” 

“You’ll see – well, enjoy your trip. Bye!”

“See you around, Roth,” Theo waved until she joined her friends by the fire. “She’s an interesting one, isn’t she?”

Right before the day of their departure, they were met by their teachers to discuss the arrangements made with Ilvermorny School. 

“Will we be Sorted when we get there?” Sofia asked.

“I don’t think that’s necessary, but if the school thinks so, I see no problem at all,” McGonagall shrugged.

“What about Quidditch, can we play Quidditch?” Romulus asked.

“If the Headmistress allows it – now, remember, you four carry our school’s name, so make sure to be proud students of Hogwarts. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Headmistress!”

On the day they were to leave, the four siblings dragged their things to the front of the castle where they will be picked up by a magical carriage that would be flown by some thesrals to the Scottish Reserve where they will meet their parents. Before they went out, they were met by their friends at the foot of the stairs to say goodbye.

“Don’t forget us, Theo!” Scorpius wiped his fake tears. “Try not to kiss too many girls too!”

“Make good choices,” Albus added.

Theo sighed. “Unbelievable!”

While Romulus and Viktor said their temporary goodbye to James and Fred, Sofia said her goodbye to Cillian. 

“See you in a month?” Cillian said.

“See you in a month,” Sofia chuckled. She pursed her lips then kissed him lightly on the lips. The sight of them had James glaring but his attention was then called by his friends, breaking the stabbing glare.

“Have fun, but not too much fun,” Cillian joked.

“What happens in Ilvermorny, stays at Ilvermorny, Diggory!” Romulus hooked his arm around his sister’s shoulders and dragged her away, leaving Viktor to bring her trunk. 

Grinning, Theo turned back to his friends and shrugged. “What happens in Ilvermorny, stays at Ilvermorny.” Right before he stepped out of the castle, Theo saw Imogen Roth standing by the stairs with her friends, watching them. He smiled at her way and waved goodbye. Roth chuckled and did a mocking salute. After hearing his siblings calling him, Theo ran out of the castle and jumped into the carriage that was being pulled by invisible Thestrals, and their father’s good friends – Ivar and Matthias Kholer. 

“Little demons all set?” Ivar called out to them.

“Good to see you too, Ivar,” Theo chuckled.

After magically closing the door, and locking it securely, Ivar commanded the Thesrals to run and fly into the air. In the middle of their journey, Romulus managed to get to the front and join the two older men in driving the carriage, while Sofia, Theo, and Viktor enjoyed the view from inside. It didn’t take long for them to get to the reserve, considering Hogwarts was located in Scotland. Unlike from King’s Cross that would take them the whole day to get to Hogsmeade, it only took them about four hours to get to the reserve by air. Arriving at the reserve, the carriage landed outside the manor, and standing there to greet them were Carina and Theodore.

“You let Rom drive the carriage?” Theodore massaged the bridge of his nose. “I should have just gone myself.”

“You were in a meeting! Besides, he was perfectly safe!” Ivar laughed. He waved his wand and had all the trunks float inside the manor. “He’s still in one piece!”

Sofia jumped out of the carriage and greeted their parents with an embrace. “So, when do we leave?”

“Tomorrow morning,” Carina told her. 

“And how are we going to America?” Theo asked. “Dragons? Apparition? I doubt we’re taking the plane, considering it’s a sudden change of plans.”

“Apparating that far might splinch us,” Theodore told them. “So, we’re taking the only logical type of transportation – portkey.”

“So, how’s this going to be? Are you going to leave us at Ilvermorny while you travel or…” Viktor began.

“Let’s talk about this at home,” Theodore said.

~*~

“You four will be staying at Ilvermorny, while your mother and I will be going around the whole state for a Magical Reserves tour,” Theodore explained. “And her tour for the MAJ-ASTRA.” He added when Carina coughed.

The whole family were seated at their dining table, eating some cookies that were brought over by their grandmother that morning. The moment they stepped foot in the house, Theodore and Carina began explaining the whole trip to them, and as well as the school arrangement. Their trunks were magically lifted to their rooms with Minty enchanting every object to be unpacked and then every clothing pressed so it would be ready for their transport.

“The Portkey we’re going to take will take us straight to Ilvermorny. You’ll all be given sleeping arrangements by Headmistress Isobel Fontaine, and your class schedules,” he continued.

“What about uniforms? Do we have to wear their uniforms too?” Sofia asked.

Carina shook her head. “No, you’ll be wearing you Hogwarts uniforms. When Durmstrang and Beauxbaton came to Hogwarts, they wore their uniforms the whole term.”

“Also, because they brought a magical ship and carriage that could be their entire school,” Theodore added.

“Right, we’ll see when we get there. Now, aside from what Professor McGonagall told you about following rules and all that, there’s one rule we have,” said Carina.

“What?” The four siblings asked.

“You know that your great-grandfather went to Ilvermorny, but you mustn’t mention him, alright? Only do so when you are asked. Just, keep a low profile about it,” said their mother.

“What? Why?!” Romulus’ brows furrowed.

“Your great-grandfather’s history is very complicated,” Theodore said.

“Your great-grandfather Ned was exiled from America,” Carina explained. “During the Global Wizarding War, he did something that he is very ashamed of. There are those who still holds grudges towards him and his family.”

“What did he do?” Theo asked.

“A story for another time,” Theodore told him. “Something his portrait would like to tell you himself, alright? Now, promise us that, okay?”

Though unsure and curious, the four Nott siblings nodded.

“Good,” Carina smiled. “Now, please don’t blow up Ilvermorny, okay – no floods, or explosions, or any sort that would give McGonagall trouble.”

“We promise, Mum,” said Romulus.

“Good. So, after the three-day lecture we will give,” Theodore sighed. “We’ll first head west then east, then after that, we will get you guys from Ilvermorny then we’ll head straight to New York to spend our holiday. Then your grandparents with the twins and Maisie will meet us there.”

“Perfect, a well laid out plan, Dad,” Romolus added. “Now, question, can we bring our pets?”

“Yes.”

“Even Kai?” Theo asked.

“He has the permit, and is registered as your school pet, so yes.”

“What about Uncle Rome, is he going to America too?” Sofia asked.

“Unfortunately, no. He promised that he would spend Christmas here with his family,” said Carina.

“Whole clan more like. He even took all the whiskey from the cellar,” Theodore muttered the last part. “Expect that he’ll be hungover until we get back.”

“Also, he and Morgan will be jumping from one Christmas party to another – the Diggorys and of course, the Alstons.”

“Clan Alston,” Theodore added. 

“Can we go to the Statue of Liberty?” Theo asked.

“Yeah, we always do,” Carina nodded. “Now, go fix your things – bring only what you need.”

“Can we bring some of Uncle George’s stuff?” Romulus asked.

Carina thought for a moment. “Fine, you can bring some, but make sure that it would secure him a chance to open a shop in America.”

~*~

Just as they planned, come morning, the whole family got up and stuffed all their trunks in one small bag that Theodore magically enchanted to extend. Wearing their best coats, considering it was already autumn, it would be a bit chilly in the mountains in Massachusetts. They were given a lift by Roman to the location of their portkey, which the siblings enjoyed. It was always a fun experience to be with their godfather. Arriving at the portkey location, which was being watched by a wizard from the Ministry, the family got out of the car and said their goodbye to Roman. 

“Have fun in America, Tan,” Roman hugged Theodore. “By the way just in case, what is the spell to open the cellar?”

“If I tell you the spell, then there wouldn’t be any whiskey left for us and the reserve!” Theodore said. “And you already took my personal stash!”

Roman turned to Carina, hugged her a goodbye and kissed her on the cheek. “Have fun – but not too much fun. You don’t want to have a new one at your age now, right?”

“Don’t worry, Theodore already had a vasectomy,” Carina reassured him. 

“Oh! When?!”

“When you were in Brazil,” said Theodore, slightly flinching at the memory. He will never forget the day when he and Carina had to go to a Muggle doctor for the proceedure. He had no idea on what to expect about the vasectomy, so the entire time he held Carina’s hand and had her keep watch on what the doctor was doing to his –

After Carina, Roman turned to his godchildren and with his wand dropped a few pouches of money in their hands. “See it as your allowance in Ilvermorny.”

“Thanks, Uncle Rome,” Romulus chuckled.

“ROME!” Carina and Theodore exclaimed, in shock to see that Roman gave their children money.

“Come on! I won’t get to see them this holiday! I always spoil them during Christmas!” Roman then got all the siblings to an embrace. “They’re my kids too, you know.”

His statement caught the Ministry Wizard’s attention.

“Not in that way,” Carina told the wizard. “He just sees them as his own kids, he didn’t really – he wasn’t part of the…”

“I think he gets it, Carina,” Theodore hung his head and massaged the bridge of his nose. It was too early for him to deal with this.

The wizard just shook his head and sighed. “Alright, two minutes before you go! Passports, wand registrations, exchange papers, animal permits!”

All of the members of the family showed their passports, then Theodore raised the envelope that had the other documentations. 

“Good, do any of you suffer from motion sickness?”

Romulus raised his hand, “Does riding a boat count? I mean, I’m fine with water, but I hate it when I’m on a boat – just thinking about it makes me – excuse me – it makes me…”

“Viktor,” Carina and Theodore called.

Viktor got out a vial and let Romulus smell the scent, and in an instant, he was fine. The wizard, once again sighed as he shook his head. “Thirty seconds.”

The whole family held hands. As the wizard started counting down, Theo turned to Roman and waved goodbye. Roman smiled and blew a kiss to them. It made Theo laugh. When the wizard came to one, Carina stepped her foot inside the rusty bucket and the whole family were sucked in a vacuum for what felt like a long time until finally, they landed on the ground. The four siblings landed harshly on each other – Romulus first then Viktor, Theo, and Sofia – while Theodore and Carina got down with ease and on their feet.

“Why does this always happen when we use a portkey?” Romulus wheezed. “Why can’t Viktor be the bottom?”

“You’re the eldest, right?” Viktor said.

“Get off, you’re all heavy!”

“Okay, come on, get up,” Carina helped them to their feet. She then got out her wand to fix them – getting rid of the dirt, pressing their clothes, and fixing their hairs. 

On their feet, the siblings did a few fixes on their own before facing the large gates that were placed a few steps away that had a large castle – larger than Hogwarts – placed inside. A grin came to their faces as they read the beautifully crafted gates that says Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The gates opened as soon as the family came close, letting them enter into the grounds, approaching a carriage that would take them to the castle. 

“It must be really far?” Romulus asked.

“Well, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you walked, Rom,” Theodore teased his son while he helped his daughter up the carriage, then Carina. 

“I’ll take the carriage.”

“No, go walk!” Theo closed the carriage door after and his father got in.

“Theo, open the door! Dad, Theo’s causing trouble!”

Laughing, Theo opened the door and let him in. The carriage ride to Ilvermorny castle wasn’t a long one, but Romulus would rather ride the carriage than walk. The grounds were covered in green grass but for the stone path that their carriage rode on. The castle was different from Hogwarts’ medieval gothic structure, Ilvermorny was more Victorian style, but with cream colored walls giving it a more inviting tone, unlike Hogwarts’ stone walls that shows more of its long history. Then there was the large yard where Theo could imagine students would be able to spend their days under the sun. 

Arriving at the castle, the family was greeted by an older witch that was a few years younger than McGonagall, had dark skin, had black hair put in small and intricate braids and a large portion was pulled back to a half knot. She wore maroon robes with a golden broach that had Ilvermorny’s coat of arms. Beside the woman was a wizard in a wheelchair, he had long and curly hair and a beard, instead of wizard robes, he wore a Tweed jacket, paired with the same color for his pants, a cream shirt and a tie, then a golden broach that had Ilvermorny’s coat of arms. Then the last one were two girls, students, both wearing blue and cranberry red robes as their uniforms; one was blonde and tan with gray eyes, and had a small pin that says “Student Council” that had a small symbol of a horned serpent; and the other girl was tall, had olive skin and brown hair put in a loose braid, Hispanic, and wore a pin that says “Student Council” but with a symbol of a wampus.

“Welcome to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. I am Professor Isobel Fontaine, the Headmistress of Ilvermorny,” said the witch in maroon robes. “And this is Professor Chiron Brunner, he is our teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts, and as well as the Deputy Headmaster.” She gestured to the wizard on a wheelchair. 

Chiron nodded at them with a smile. 

“And these are two of Ilvermorny’s Student Council – Annabeth Chase and Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano.”

“Hold on,” Romulus spoke to the girl with the Wampus pin, grinning as he did. “Your initials are RA-RA?”

The girl, Reyna, did not look impressed. She might 

Theodore, Carina, Sofia, Viktor, and Theo groaned and then sighed. This was not how they wanted Ilvermorny’s first impression on them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 17.9K 75
•Book 1• "You know what? You're right! I'm not gonna sit here and sob over a stupid boy! In fact, I'm gonna do the complete opposite! I'm gonna dance...
1.2K 85 28
Just some one shots of the marauders and wolfstar... There will be some Harry Potter too...
2.9K 66 34
What if Sirius Black had had a daughter? A girl who knew nothing about her very, ancient, and most noble name. In the corridors at Hogwarts, she'd he...
940K 19.3K 124
"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existence. I don't really see the point now you...