Δ Months Before the Disappearance of Perseus Jackson

Knocking on the door, Percy, Annabeth, Sally, and Paul Blofis waited for the family to welcome them to their home. The Black family home in Manhattan was made with red bricks, had two floors and large windows that Paul admired at it was a house located in one of the historical districts in the city. After the war, Carina explained to Percy that they were distantly related because her great-great-great-great grandfather was actually the son of Poseidon – she didn't tell him about the Roman counterparts. With the distant family relations, the two had, and the fact that their parents started a good friendship after that war (along with Theodore's father, surprisingly), they all decided to have dinner together and just "hang out".

"Didn't you say that Theodore will be here?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah, from what I heard, he's been staying here," Percy told her.

"That's nice."

The door opened, it was Emmanuelle, Carina's adopted-mother who welcomed them inside.

"Hello, Percy, Annabeth," Emmanuelle greeted. "Hi Sally, Paul."

Emmanuelle greeted Sally with a kiss on the cheek and then led the woman to the table where they could place the blue cake. In the living room, they were greeted by the sight of Sirius Black playing with his toddler son, tossing him in the air before carrying the boy in his arms, and from the stairs, Carina and Theodore came down, both wearing their best dinner clothes – a yellow dress, and Theodore's dark blue button shirt.

"I am liking how you're adapting to normal people clothes," Annabeth greeted her brother.

"Thank Carina, she's the one who helps me with "blending in"," Theodore chuckled.

"So, Percy said you're staying here?"

"Just a couple of weeks, Father's out of the country – went back to England to take care of things."

"Uh... what is Carina doing?" Percy asked as he watched the said girl started pushing them to their seats until every chair was occupied.

Theodore sighed. "Last time we had a family dinner, her mother came unannounced... and it wasn't the most fun dinner we had. It was just awkward."

"Nike appeared?" Annabeth's eyes were wide as globes.

"Yeah. Oh, and she's making Carina call her 'gommy'."

Percy snorted. "Gommy, I get it."

"There, there's no more chairs available. So, no one moves or gets out of their seats! Got it?!" Carina told them.

"But what if I have to go to the bathroom?" Percy asked.

"Then you turn your chair upside down, it will keep out UNWANTED VISITORS!" Carina exclaimed. It happened in a flash, the moment they all blinked, from the semi-formal dress she wore, Carina was now wearing a NIKE dress that had the brand's logo at the front. "OH, COME ON!"

"Maybe you should lay off Nike, Carina," Sirius said.

"Who wants some chicken?" Emmanuelle offered.

"I do," Paul offered is plate.

"Chicken!" Damian cheered.

~*~

Freshman orientation in Goode High School, according to Percy, was one of the most memorable things in his life, not only did he meet Rachel Elizabeth Dare there – for the second time – but also almost got expelled from Goode before he even started his year. But aside from that, it was also the school where Percy was finishing his high school, and coincidentally, the school where Carina was also going to.