~ IB: The Quidditch World Cup of 2014 (A Step)

Carina never said it a loud, but she had a fear of going to Quidditch World Cups after the events of 1994, where she lost Maisie in the stampede during the siege. The only ones who knew of this fear were those who were there to witness what happened, and a chosen few – Maisie, Charity and Sirius, Theodore, and Roman and Morgan. It became an unspoken agreement to keep the knowledge hidden within these few people as Carina would often beat herself for fearing an exciting global event. 

The first time she attended a Quidditch World Cup match, to watch Roman’s game, Carina insisted that they simply get a hotel rather than putting up a tent like they used to. Her actions raised questions to the few family members who agreed to come with to watch the match, but Maisie saw the uneasiness in her as Ron and Harry insisted on making camp and tried to reminisce the fun they had… the fun before the siege that is. She lost in that argument, and everyone was on board with taking a tent. 

But on the day of the Quidditch Cup, after using the Portkey, Maisie surprised everyone in the sudden change of plans as she and Theodore acquired a cottage not far from the stadium, while still away from the large crowd, giving them privacy and safety. While Maisie and Theodore received many whines and groans from Harry and Ron about the change of plans, they did not mind and simply used the Oscausi Charm and made their mouths disappear. 

“Maisie told you, didn’t she?” Carina said to Theodore when they got a good distance from the others. “You did not have to, you know.”

“We’re here to enjoy the match, and watch Roman hit players off the brooms a hundred feet off the ground. It wouldn’t be fair if you’re the only one who is not enjoying.” Theodore shrugged. “Let Harry and Weasley whine all they want, and I dare them to say anything about me or Maisie or you.”

“I hate it when I ruin someone’s plans.” She grumbled.

“You’re not ruining anyone’s plans, Carina. We’re still here for the match, to watch Roman, the only difference is we have a good place, a comfy bed, a solid roof, and a space for the twins and Teddy to run around and play without Charity or Professor Lupin worrying.” Theodore took her hands and held it tight. “I told you before that I would never force you to do something that you’re not comfortable with.”

Her lips twitched to a smile. “I believe I was the one who told you that when you were nervous about having sex, and you said, ‘tell me if you’re uncomfortable because I have no idea what I’m doing’.” 

He fought the urge to roll his eyes then. “Same thing.”

“It really isn’t.”

“Still, it’s the same with this. I know that you want to go back to the times of camping with the others during Quidditch matches, but let’s take this one step at a time.” He kissed her hands. “And I’ll be here, every step of the way.”

“Will you hold my hand when we climb the stadium?” It was supposed to be a joke, but then Theodore said, “Every second, and if you want, I’ll hold on to Maisie too.”

Since then, every match Carina was invited to watch in the VIP section, she would have Theodore at her side. From taking inns away from the crowd, she slowly inched closer and closer until she could handle being in the crowded space of the camps and not have to check on Maisie or anyone over her shoulder every step she took.