Δ Clash of the Titans (Not the Movie)

"I'll see you in battle preparations. I just have to go home and make sure that..."

"Carina, it's fine. Go see your family, besides, my father also needs me at home anyway," Theodore shrugged.

Climbing the hill, Carina and Theodore carried their bags and took short steps to prolong the climb. Days after their kiss, the two wanted nothing more than to spend the remaining days of normalcy with each other before jumping into war. Arriving at the top of Half-Blood Hill, they walked to the arch where the border was, and the sight of a car approaching. It was Carina's family car. Turning to each other, Carina and Theodore sighed as they knew it would be a while before they saw each other – with Carina heading to school again, and Theodore being homeschooled by his father. Seeing the car, Theodore pulled Carina in the direction of Thalia's old tree, hiding them from her parents, and then kissing her deeply.

"I'll see you around," Theodore said as soon as he pulled away.

"I'll see you around," Carina nodded. She kissed him again and then left the tree to meet her parents.

Theodore came out of the hiding spot and saw Carina be greeted by her father with a warm embrace, and then later by her mother who had a large baby bump. The sight of it had Carina grinning and hugging her mother tightly, but not too tight to crush the baby.

"Turns out, I was already two months pregnant when you left for camp," Emmanuelle said. "Are you upset?"

"What?! No! I'm glad, more than glad!" Carina wiped her tears. "I've always wanted a little brother or sister."

"Well, you'll never know with gods," Sirius sighed as he took his daughter's bag. "One might just pop out of nowhere, you know."

Waving goodbye to Theodore, Carina got in the car with her family, and they all left for home. Just watching them, Theodore knew that the war they were going to fight in meant more now, especially with more people counting on them to win it. If only he had the power to end the war right then and now.

Another car came from a distance, it was a black 1948 Jaguar XK120 that had the top down. Exiting the car, Theodore was met by his father. They shared no greetings and went straight to business.

"The labyrinth?" Nott asked.

"Dead, along with Daedalus," Theodore said as he got on the passenger side. "But, we have a bigger problem. Kronos is back, and he's inhabited Luke Castellan's body."

Nott sighed. "What do you need?"

"A map of Manhattan, and a battle plan."

"Then we have work to do."

~*~

The mission was supposed to be simple, Percy and Beckendorf were supposed to blow up Luke/Kronos's cruise ship of monsters and end the war, but plans don't always go as they were made to be. When Carina saw Percy emerging from the waters, she quickly jumped down her post to greet him and ask about the mission, but before she could ask about Beckendorf, Percy's face was enough to give her the bad news.

"Oh no... Roman... he's," Carina swallowed a lump. "And Silena."

Percy nodded grimly. The two of them walked back to the direction of camp and were greeted by the sight of the entire population of Camp Half Blood. Since four summers ago, the camp's number dwindled from deaths, campers never returning, and those who have turned to the other side – Crabbe and Goyle being one of them (though Clarisse would show off that she didn't care, they knew that she was hurt that her brothers left). The news of mission failing was not as bad as the news of Beckendorf's death. Silena was brought away by Clarisse as the girl mourned for her boyfriend, and Roman held on to Morgan as he lost a brother he was close to, and now it was his duty to look after Cabin 9 as he was next to Beckendorf with rights to lead – since he already completed a quest.