~ IB: Eat, Love, Maisie

I've always imagined Maisie living in some kind of rom-com, but instead of the girl meets the guy and falls in love, the guy and the girls already met, have a friendly-sexual relationship, that is slowly turning to a romantic one and is discovering that monogamy is not for them.

I've already started writing Maisie's story, and if you saw the story that I unpublished, it already had more than five chapters, but then I got scared with how it would be taken by the Readers because of it's story line and because of the idea of an open relationship.

Without further ado, here is the rom-com themed IB story of Maise Goldstein.

~*~

Running through the streets of London in heels, in the rain, was not a good combination, yet Maisie still managed to charge through the crowded pavement with her bag to cover her already wet hair from the rain. Checking her watch, she cursed loudly, catching the attention of the mother walking with a child, and tried to speed up. She could just apparate but it with just how crowded the streets were, and the fact that the place she had to be at was also filled with people, she couldn’t risk it. So, here she was, five minutes late, wet, and thighs burning.

Crossing the street, Maisie finally arrived at the fancy looking restaurant that he chose for them. The design was more Parisian, the name of the place was something French that she was sure literally meant ‘fancy food’, the walls were painted with what her realtor would say was ‘eggshell white’, and the employees wore stiff looking uniforms that reminded her of the servants during the early 20th century. Then there were the customers, all donning fabulous clothes, exclusive brands that had its logos as patterns on the surface to scream privilege, and some wore dresses that she was sure her sister had in the closet saved for galas at her brother-in-law’s reserve or those conventions abroad for star-nerds. 

Comparing the clothes she wore, aside from the fact that she was soaking wet, the shirt and trousers came from thrift shops, and the coat she wore was the very same that her sister brought her from Spain. About ten years ago, or more. Of all places he had to choose this one, she thought as she looked down at her pitiful clothes. Luckily, she had a dress in her bag to change into, only problem was if the concierge would believe her that she had a reservation in the establishment with what she was wearing.

Entering the restaurant, Maisie went to the woman standing behind the dial. After she showed the couple their table, the woman turned to Maisie and immediately the smile fell as she looked at her from head to toe. She was not appreciating that Maisie was creating a puddle on the carpet.

Maisie rolled her eyes at this and sighed. “Reservation for Finnigan.”

“I’m sorry maybe there was a mistake,” said the woman.

Maisie frowned. She got on her toes to see any sign of her not-date. She saw him sitting there at the table, wearing his best clothes, waiting for her arrival. Looking at him now, her not-date was looking like someone attending a date.

“He’s right here, Seamus Finnigan – yea tall,” she had her hand above her head a couple of inches. “Dark hair, Irish, probably lost an eyebrow – who knows – has a tendency to self-combust.”

“As I said, you must be mistaken.”

Maisie sighed. “Don’t make me do this, lady.”

“Do what?”

OI, FINNIGAN!” 

Everyone in the restaurant, the concierge especially, jumped at the sudden call. Seamus turned and immediately saw Maisie stuck outside with the woman, looking wet and miserable. He quickly jumped to his feet just as the manager approached her and asked her to leave.