Δ A Side-Quest Made for the Bastards: Enter the Maze

Since his father brought him to camp, the Theodore would always talk to him through an Iris Message that he or his father would make, but those messages would only be brief and only about demigod things, there were no "I love you" or "when will yo...

Since his father brought him to camp, the Theodore would always talk to him through an Iris Message that he or his father would make, but those messages would only be brief and only about demigod things, there were no "I love you" or "when will you come home?" why would there be? The last time Theodore even saw his father was last year when the man came to camp to give him a present for his birthday, just like any other year, and he would not stay long. But Theodore did not care, and even as a child, he knew that his relationship with his father was just a demigod-to-demigod one, not a father-son kind of relationship.

So, when his father suddenly called camp to tell them that he was picking up Theodore, he knew that it had to be something important. Like, the "world hangs in the balance" important. And he was right. Upon arriving at their large home in Boston, Theodore was only given a few days to relax and get used to the idea that he was actually in his father's house before he was given lessons about Greek mythology, the geography of America, Ancient Greece, Rome, and then Daedalus' Labyrinth. He and his father studied day and night about the labyrinth, about the researches made by demigods – mostly by the children of Athena – about the labyrinth's ways, and from there, they tried to make a map of some sort, but each research they went through and each map they made, the paths were different, it was as if the labyrinth was not only expanding but also changing. After a month of two of studying, Theodore was finally brought to the basement. Just like in his dreams.

"When you were born, not only did Zephyros came to my doorstep and gave you to me but as well as a small tablet that held a prophecy. It was said that Athena would have a son from the legacy of Zeus, and he will find the answers inside the maze that cannot be passed, see the truth that will not be known until it was too late, and be the one to bring Victory to the gods or to the enemy."

Theodore did not respond. He knew better than to speak when his father was explaining something.

"Your mother told me of the Great Prophecy, and how your part in the war. The victory of either side depends on you, that's why I sent you to camp – to train, to hone your skills for when the prophecy is to be told."

"And you think it's time?" Theodore finally asked.

"Yes," Nott turned to him and then handed him the small tablet that held letters of Ancient Greek but Theodore could understand what was written on it. "What you do now will affect the future, Theodore."

They finally came to the very edge of the basement where Theodore saw a glowing symbol. The mark of Daedalus: Δ. He suddenly felt some kind of whiplash as he looked at the familiar wall and the mark, it was exactly as it was in his dream.

"It responds to half-bloods," Nott urged him to touch the symbol. And he did.

The walls suddenly crumbled and then showed a dark path leading straight to the darkness. Theodore felt a chill run down his spine.

"How long has this been here?" Theodore asked.

"A while now – it comes and goes, I've been trying to track down when the path opens, but it just appears by random, I believe you know what this is, boy."