Δ Theodore's Master Plan Involves Baiting and Card Games

About five days have passed since Carina came to camp and she was getting used to the whole idea of it

About five days have passed since Carina came to camp and she was getting used to the whole idea of it. She even found her small corner floor to be homey and was joking and trading a couple of things with her cabinmates in Cabin 11 for a couple of things that were not allowed in camp. In those days, she has joined Cabin 11 in their activities – sword training, archery, spar, climbing the volcano, riding pegasi, all the activities. And while doing so, she and as well as Luke and her new found friend, Roman, noticed a few things about her that could give a hint on who her godly parent was.

Carina was a fast runner, faster than the children of Hermes, which says something because no one can beat the children of Hermes in a sprint. And she just did during their morning runs, outrunning them by two laps!

"What do you drink, triple-douse of caffeine?!" Dean Thomas, a son of Hermes, said while trying to catch his breath. "She's not even sweating that much!"

"I was part of my old school's track and field team... that was until I got kicked out," Carina told them.

Luke took a gulp from his water-bottle. "Don't worry, we've all been there – but, I have to agree with Dean, you're fast, Carina."

The next thing Carina was good at was javelin throwing and fighting with spears. Though she was good with swords and knives, she felt more comfortable with spears and was able to disarm even a child of Ares during a spar. When she did so, the only thing she said was, "I got lucky?"

"Your reflexes are more enhanced," Luke commented. "Let's see your throwing."

Carina took the javelin, tossed it in the air and caught it to make the proper position, and then threw the javelin at the mark. It hit a few inches from the intended aim. Someone whistled in amazement from the group.

Roman, who was hanging around the area with Theodore – which Carina did not appreciate – clapped his hands and cheered. "I know who I want for Capture the Flag this Friday!"

"It's not your call, you idiot, and besides, you can't just take someone from a Cabin, you always get the whole package – besides, Cabin 9 already signed an agreement with ours!" Theodore told him.

And lastly, Carina was a good charioteer. Though camp no longer holds chariot racing – due to how dangerous it is – they still have activities that teaches them how to handle chariots, especially when it is pegasi that are pulling these very safe chariots that did not have seatbelts or anything to prevent the rider from falling off the back. Note the sarcasm.

Carina easily found a connection with horses when on a chariot and could lead them easily. She remembered when Silena Beauregard taught her how to ride a pegasi and to care for them, and managed to control them while riding a chariot. And the fact that she could ride a chariot that well made Roman excited. He literally tacked Carina to the ground with his blueprints for chariot designs and wanted her to try them all and see which one would be best.