~ IB: Old Rivalries Die Hard

Carina was no chef, all the skills she learned came from helping Charity or Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen when she was little, and from reading her grandmother's old self-made cookbook that she has been exploring from time to time – her and Maisie's favorite was the gingerbread recipe, it brought a wave of nostalgia whenever they ate it – and, for Theodore's enjoyment, she managed to learn some of Minty's recipes, and a few cuisines that he would tell her his mother liked. But, whenever there was a gathering wherein Charity and Mrs. Weasley were caught up in their own errands, it would always be the Hill that their family and friends go to for food.

Though the idea could have been sexist, especially with her role as a mother, but Carina did enjoy cooking for her family, and she very much enjoyed when they helped her too. It was a simple thing, but bonding with them as they prepared their meal was always something they liked doing. But it seems from all four, only Romulus picked up cooking and took it to the next level. From the home-recipes they had, Romulus started requesting for cookbooks for presents so he could learn different cuisines and serve it for his family.

"Rom, can we please have something that wasn't cooked by a Padparadscha Sapphire Dragon?" Viktor, a boy of twelve, whined when he saw the curry. "You know that I can't take spicy food!"

"We have a bathroom here – three bathrooms if you count the one in Mum and Dad's room." Romulus told him. "You can stay there all night if you want. Besides, it's not that hot."

"Mild?" Theo turned to his brother. "My eyes are burning just smelling it!"

"It feels like my arsehold is on fire when I shite!" Viktor told him.

"There's milk in the fridge." Romulus settled the last plate. "Come on, you promised, two new recipes per week! Besides, it's only right we add some spice in our everyday meals," he turned to their mother with a cheeky grin. "Geddit?"

Carina and Theodore rubbed the bridge of their nose at that. Then the former said, "Well, I'm starving, and I am looking forward to eating what Rom has prepared for us... besides, we have dessert in the fridge to extinguish our burning mouths."

"Who made the dessert?" Sofia questioned; her eyes narrowed at her twin.

"That pastry shop in Diagon Alley," said Theodore as he ate his meal. "This is good. Good job, Rom."

"See, Dad appreciates it!" Romulus told his siblings.

"Dad is also drinking his glass of water every time he swallows." Theo pointed out.

He was, and Theodore looked like he was sweating as he ate, meanwhile Carina was eating her fill with no problem, with an occasional sipping of water, and was not breaking a sweat as she ate.

"Remember back in Hogwarts whenever we and Roman sneak to the kitchens, we had a crazy idea of having high spicy-tolerance, so we ate hot peppers every night?" Carina told him.

"And I called you idiots every time you ran to the sink and drank milk? I do... now I feel like an idiot not doing it with you two." Theodore muttered. "You even planned to do that with poison all because you read something about Mirthridates VI and called him 'Poison Man'... could have been handy."

Everyone in the table but for Carina and Romulus had finished all of the pitches of water by the time their meal ended. While the spicy food did feel like torture to some, they enjoyed the taste of the food and asked if they could have another meal like that again, but made Romulus promise to have the spice level low for their sake. And on que, Viktor ran to the bathroom and drew fire from his arse.

Dessert was served in the living room; it was a box of cakes that Carina bought from that pastry shop in Diagon Alley. All happily sitting on the carpet as they listened to the music being played by the radio.