Δ The Romans Are Fast Builders... Gaea Hates Us for Global Warming

Theodore had a habit of staying up late and just read about Daedalus' inventions. Night was the only time he could use Daedalus' laptop since Annabeth would be asleep then, and gods forbid he be able to use the laptop in the day since she always hogs it. One of the skills that his father drilled in his head was to memorize any information he sees, and it helps that he had a photographic memory, so while he skimmed through Daedalus' notes, he was not only making copies of it in his journal but was also memorizing the details and small notes in his mind, from the blueprints, the diaries, and the device itself.

"Theodore, what are you doing?" Annabeth stirred in her sleep, she turned from her bed and looked at him with half-lidded eyes.

"Using the opportunity of you sleeping to study the smartest man alive's work," Theodore said. "What are you doing up?"

"I had a dream."

Theodore stopped with his note taking and turned to his sister. She was shaken by it, that he knew. Closing the laptop, he went to Annabeth's side and sat on the floor by her bed.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked.

"It was about Mom... well, I think it was – she seemed different."

"Different how?"

"And that wasn't the first time I saw her like that."

Theodore shifted in his seat to face her. "What do you mean?"

"I saw her. Once. In the subway, after I visited Percy's Mom... she's... she told me about them – how they sacked her city and turned her to that..." Annabeth climbed down her bed and sat down beside Theodore. "She told me that it was my duty to avenge her..." she took out a coin from her pocket and handed it to him.

Theodore froze at the sight of the coin. He knew that symbol all to well, not because of the owl, which was Athena's symbol, but the coin. The mark.

"That bi –"

"Theodore!" Annabeth hissed.

Theodore grabbed his sister by her shoulder. He was trembling. He knew what that coin was, and for years, his father has been telling him – warning him of the possibility Athena coming to him. But it seems that the goddess has chosen the best candidate to avenge her... like many others before.

"Since that meeting, my hat has lost its magic too," Annabeth added.

How could their mother do such a thing? Theodore thought. Maybe it wasn't their mother perse, since the Jason-Percy-Anomaly (which Theodore called it) the gods have been acting strange. Neither of them has been answering their calls – not that they did in a regular basis – and Mr. D was back in Olympus. They were all blind to what was happening.

"We'll figure it out," Theodore told Annabeth.

Annabeth smiled, she held Theodore's hand tightly. Theodore has changed since she first met him. When he first came to camp, he had an attitude that says 'I couldn't care less about you' and never once showed any emotion or interest from anyone. She hated him for it at first, but after learning from Chiron of his upbringing – the lack of love, the military-like routines – she could see understood his side of the story and made it her duty, as his sister, to show him how life was and what it meant to have a family. Turns out, all he needed to actually show human emotions was to have Roman, and then later, when Carina arrived, Theodore finally started to show empathy, love.

"It would be good to have you in this quest," Annabeth sighed.

Theodore chuckled. "Tood bad Mother only chooses one."

"What was that saying? Two heads are better than one?"

"Really? I always thought one Annabeth is better than none."