~ IB: That One Family Trip to Greece

Alcander Achillia

Alcander Achillia

When I wrote Alcander Achillia in the Inglorious Bastards (Chapter Eighty-Six) his voice and manner of speaking that popped in my mind was King Ecbert from Vikings. I love how Linus Roache portrayed the character, and I love the character so much (even if he was very problematic). 

~*~

2010

"Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, can we go to the place where the Olympics were held? Oh, can we also go to Delphi – can we climb Mt. Olympus?"

Sofia has not stopped with asking about their itinerary for the family trip to Greece. She has been going on and on about the trip and asking where they were going and what to pack since Theodore and Carina told their children of their plan for their yearly family trips. Last year, they went to France, now they chose to go to Greece.

As his daughter went on about asking about their plans, all Theodore could do was laugh with the sight of her excitement. Her brothers on the other hand, were not amused with their sister's endless questions. Romulus has already stuffed his ears with cotton to block her out while Viktor hid his head in his shirt. Theo, who was on his father's shoulders, just sighed and tried to look around while they stood there in the middle of the Parthenon, waiting for their mother to come out with their registries.

Just before Romulus could stuff a sandwich in his sister's mouth, Carina came out of the Greek Ministry. Romulus and Viktor ran to their mother, crying for help and to make Sofia stop. Hearing her brothers' complaints, Sofia glared at them and pouted. But before they started fighting, Carina told them that they were all registered and that they should head to the inn they were staying at to check in.

"Then, once we put down our bags, we could go sightseeing – we're going to see old villas, museums, and the beach for today." Carina told them. "Then tomorrow, we are going to Delphi, and do more sightseeing, and more time in the beach."

"Are we going to join those group tours?" Sofia asked.

"Why bother if your father's here. He'll be our own tour guide."

Theodore chuckled. "Come on, let's go, and when we get to the inn we'll have lunch first."

Romulus pumped his fist in the air. "Yes! I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry!" Sofia remarked.

"I'm a growing boy! And who was it that ate all the snacks earlier?"

Before Sofia could call off her brother, Carina and Theodore dragged their children down the hill. In the streets, Carina had to hold onto Romulus as the boy had the tendency to run off while Viktor, being the most calm between the twins, held Sofia and kept close to their mother. With her being the only one who knew how to operate a camera, Carina took as many pictures as she could, she would even let Viktor try out the device and take his siblings' photos, and the statues they followed that pointed them to the direction of the entrance to the magical world of Greece.