+ What if Regulus Black Survived? [Part 1]

It was strange

It was strange. They say that when a person was dying, their life flashes before their eyes, letting them remember the life they lived from the moment they were born to the last breath you will ever have, and yet it wasn't his whole like that flashed in Regulus Black's eyes, but rather the last moment he had with his older brother, Sirius. Falling into the depth of the water, being pulled down and mangled by the Inferi, his body paralyzed by the water that kept the cursed locket that had a piece of the Dark Lord's soul, Regulus' mind went back to the night where Sirius came to the doorstep of their family home five years after he ran away and went to live with the Potters.

Sirius came around twilight, he didn't bother to step inside when their mother opened the door. Walburga had a smug look on her face and said, "Here to finally redeem yourself? Well, it's too late, the Achillias pulled back their offer!"

But Sirius kept a straight face, he glanced over their mother's shoulder and there Regulus stood watching him. That was the night when Regulus was to leave for his suicide mission.

"I came here out of respectcourtesy – to tell you that you're going to have a grandchild," Sirius spoke. "Emmanuelle is pregnant, and she's expecting in a few weeks' time... I was hoping we could fix our relationship, and maybe you could meet your grandson or granddaughter... and once they're born, Nuelle and I are getting married – "

"Did you really think this would get you back in our good graces?" Walburga sneered. "Toujus Pur – Always Pure. You have already brought shame to this family with your House and associating with Mudbloods and Scumsuckers – worse, you even went to live with that Dunglover-Goldstein and his Muggle-wife!"

"Don't you dare talk about Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein like that! Mrs. Goldstein is more of a mother to me than you will ever be," Sirius glared at his mother.

"And as for that half-blood slut and that bastard of yours. They will never bear the name Black! I will kill that half-blood myself if I have to –"

Sirius got out his wand and pointed at his mother's face. "Come near my family, and I swear, I will not hesitate in blasting that head of yours off that fucking body!"

Before their mother could pull out her wand and attack Sirius, Regulus approached her, he placed a hand on his mother's shoulder, startling the woman, then had her go back inside. With their mother's absence, Regulus stepped out of the house, closing the door after him then had Sirius join him on a walk. The moment they got off the porch, the houses that hid Twelve Grimmauld Place closed like a sliding door, hiding the Ancient House of Black.

"That was the most foolish thing you've ever done, it think," Regulus began. "Telling mother about your unborn child – what did you hope to get out of it?"

"A whole family?" Sirius muttered.

"Then you are stupid – mother won't ever accept your child, Sirius, or Emmanuelle Goldstein."