× Dear Reader, It Seems We Are Graced With A Bastardly Presence

After years (since the first season of Bridgerton came out) of thinking if I should watch Bridgerton, I was finally convinced to do so when I saw the hype of the second season.

Because of that, my mind is occupied by three things: job applications, the Bastards, and Bridgerton, rather the Regency Era. And I have been writing scenes of thr Bastards (with Harry Potter magic) being in Bridgerton (Regency Era)

~*~

Dearest reader, we have been graced by not one but three Bastards this season

"Carina!" Roman's voice boomed in the ballroom, overpowering the music being played and the chatters of the crowd. Beyond the sea of mothers and daughters and single gentlemen looking for a wife, Carina saw the familiar curly red hair jumping for her to see, and a large hand waving above the heads.

  Not bothering to tell her uncle, Carina ran across the room and met Roman halfway. Seeing Roman again, she no longer held the proper smile that she practiced for years and was now grinning ear to ear. All manners were thrown out the window as she jumped to Roman's arms and engulfed him to an embrace, twirling her around before settling her down again. There was no doubt that everyone wad looking at them with scrutiny and eager to make gossip but that did not matter to Carina.

"Gods, you've grown! I remember being taller than you," Carina said. She hooked her arm around his and walk towards the beverages. "You must tell me about your travels. Where did you go?"

"A lot of places. I don't know where to start!" Roman poured them both a glass of lemonade. "And I don't think this is the right setting to talk of such things," he winked suggestively.

  Carina lightly hit him on the shoulder, luckily Roman had a good hold on their drinks and did not spill a drop of lemonade.

   Handing her a glass, he said, "I wasn't alone in my travels. I came across an old friend of ours from our university days."

  "And who is this old friend of ours that you can't stop grinning about?"

  "I believe it's best you meet him yourself, I'm sure you would be happy to see him again... I know he is."

  "Is it Cedric?" She raised a brow. "He went on a tour as well, a year after you left, there has been talk that he's back as well."

   Just on cue, a gasps were heard from the mothers and daughters in the ballroom. It was as if it were a cue as Roman took Carina's arm again and led her through the crowd that gathered at the entrance. Squeezing through the mothers and daughters, they finally came to the front and saw the cause for such reaction.

  "You do have a way to make an entrance, Theodore," Roman said.

    Theodore sighed. "I wasn't planning to, but this bloke made a huge fuss in introducing me." He gestured to the man by the door.

   "I'm sure you remember Carina."

     Theodore's gaze finally came to Carina. Time went still as they met each other's gaze, and it felt to have gone slow as Theodore took her hand and pressed a kiss on her knuckles.