Ducktales: Journey to Agartha...

By Lizard_Brainz

Boyd couldn't be happier with his new family. But when a family vacation goes haywire, he comes to the realiz... More

Chapter 1: The Start of A Terrible Rom-Com
Chapter 2: The Rave
Chapter 3: Glomgold The Therapist
Chapter 4: Justice Jammies
Chapter 5: Fenton Gives A Lecture
Chapter 6: The Chaotic Cruise Begins
Chapter 7: Cringe and Murder Plans
Chapter 8: The Murder
Chapter 9: The Strip Club
Chapter 10: Puta
Chapter 11: The Proposal
Chapter 12: Gyro's Past
Chapter 13: Gang Shit and Murder
Chapter 14: Sailor Moon
Chapter 15: The Party
Chapter 16: Edible Goldfish
Chapter 17: Jimmy Buffett
Chapter 18: The Black Market Escape and Rom Com
Chapter 19: Glomgold's Mental Breakdown
Chapter 20: Well... That Was Anticlimactic
Chapter 21: Stranded
Chapter 22: Island "Paradise" (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Island "Paradise" (Part 2)
Chapter 24: Margaritaville Gossip
Chapter 25: The Rave 2.0
Chapter 26: Heidi The Hoe
Chapter 27: One Night Stand
Chapter 28: Working Things Out... Sort Of
Chapter 29: Everyone Gets Kidnapped... Again
Chapter 30: Goodbye Mark Beaks
Chapter 31: The End Of Heidi
Chapter 32: Farewell Tampa
Chapter 33: Floridian Gas Stations
Chapter 34: Gyro The Therapist
Chapter 35: The Most Filler Chapter To EVER Exist (Part 1)
Chapter 36: The Most Filler Chapter To EVER Exist (Part 2)
Chapter 37: Timeskips and T-Bag
Chapter 39: Boyd's Character Development
Chapter 40: C-Note Does Something For Once
Chapter 41: One-Legged Space
Chapter 42: The Red Wedding
Chapter 43: The Fuzz
Chapter 44: Takedown
Chapter 45: Home-Depot
Chapter 46: No Title
Chapter 47: Ellie Kinda Sucks
Chapter 48: Las Vegas
Chapter 49: Mark's Robo-Racism
Chapter 50: Some French Place
Chapter 51: KitKats
Chapter 52: Mr. C
Chapter 53: Launchpad Dies Again
Chapter 54: Back To Duckburg

Chapter 38: The Endangerment

30 2 0
By Lizard_Brainz

"So, uhhhhhh, you want coffee or some shit?"

Gyro's father, who Gloria learned who's name was Jim, asked while sitting across from her with a black coffee of his own.

They were sitting at a small foldable wooden table. Most of his furniture was foldable because not only was he broke, from what Gloria assumed was because of prostitutes and alcohol, but his house was just shit in general. There was trash and unidentifiable stains everywhere that complimented the peeling wallpaper. And to be honest, she saw a few roaches the night prior and wouldn't be surprised if there was an infestation.

She had no idea why Gyro accepted his dad's offer. She knew he wanted to attempt to reconnect but the way he spoke to them at first was an immediate red flag, yet she didn't have the heart to tell Gyro it was a bad idea. She figured maybe she was wrong. So far it looked like she wasn't.

"Uh, sure. Thanks."

He nodded and got up from his chair to pour her a mug. "...You want any milk or sugar?"

"Sugar is fine."

"Alright." He gave her a Jimmy Buffett mug, looked like he was a fan himself, and passed over the container that held the sugar with a tiny antique spoon in it. That was the end of the conversation for a while, the only sound being the small television on the counter, that was very poor quality with horrible audio.

Gloria really regretted coming down now. All she wanted was to grab a beer and sneak back into the 'man cave' that was being used as a guest room. Aka they were sleeping on a fold out couch.

Jim cleared his throat. "How'd you meet him?"

"I was looking for an internship and he gave me a job."

"Dating your boss?" Jim took a swig of his coffee like it was alcohol. The fact he was acting all high and mighty like he had morals only pissed Gloria off more. "What do you do? I'm guessing you guys are in the science industry?"

"Yeah Gyro and I work for Scrooge McDuck. We basically just build him shit."

"Huh. Scrooge McDuck." Jim didn't sound amused or impressed, but he painfully kept the conversation going. "What brought you to Savannah?"

"Ummm we are kind of on this long road trip on the way back to California. We made a detour."

Jim had finished his coffee so now he was just tapping the side of his mug, debating if he should get up to grab another. "You guys live in California?"

"Yeah. Duckburg, California."

"That's an expensive city."

"Yep and there's a drought every year."

"I moved down here to Savannah as a sort of getaway after my wife died. I really like it so far." He decided to grab himself a cup of coffee while he talked about his wife dying. He didn't even seem fazed. "It was the perfect oppurtunity for me to finally move after years of her refusing. It's real pretty down here, my only complaint is the local art students. They ruin a lot of it."

Gloria stopped drinking her coffee a long time ago. That shit wasn't any good. She glared at him "Wait, so Gyro's mom passed away? When? Does he know?!" Gloria felt like the answer was going to be 'no' but she had to hear it from Jim.

Jim shrugged. "Died a few years back from lung cancer." He sat back down with his new cup of joe. "Nah. He doesn't know. Never called and asked how she was doing."

"Well you could've been the one to reach out and tell him." She spat.

That didn't sit well with him, the way Gloria spoke. He glared back. "This is my house, babe. Watch your attitude. My family, my business."

"If family is your business then why did you not even bother to call your own son to let him know that his mom died?!"

The only answer he gave was another shrug. That was it, and then he turned his attention to the local news.

A few minutes of tense silence passed before Gyro walked in, finally having woken up. He clearly was nervous and regretted staying with his father as much as Gloria regretted telling him to not do so.

He sat down at the table. "...goodmorning." Gyro was saying that more toward Gloria and not his dad.

His dad looked over at him and nodded. "You can grab whatever from the fridge if you're hungry."

"Okay..." Gyro did get up to grab a cup of coffee, but he didn't bother to look at what food his father had. He would take Gloria out for breakfast soon and that was that. Whatever attempt he was trying to make of reconnecting with his father was already a failed mission.

Gloria looked over at Jim and sure enough he was still watching the TV, not paying either of them any mind. She looked back at Gyro and gave him a very serious look and whispered so Jim wouldn't be able to hear. "Gyro, I think we need to leave."

He didn't question why, he figured it was because Gloria knew his dad hadn't changed. Gyro nodded. "Alright," He spoke at a normal volume. "But I want to see my mom before we leave, okay?"

Gloria froze. She knew that if Jim wasn't going to say anything now then she would have to be the one to break the news to him.

Jim heard what Gyro said. He took a long sip of his coffee before answering him. "Your mom is dead. She died a few years back from lung cancer." He sipped his coffee again and said all of what he wanted to say on the subject without breaking his focus on the TV.

Gyro sat silent for a few moments, he glanced at Gloria, not bothering to analyze her expression, and then focused on his dad who still wasn't giving him the time of day to look him in the eye. "...what?" His voice was husked.

His father ignored him and just kept watching the commercials that were now on.

Gloria watched Gyro carefully and grabbed his hand from across the table. She was at a loss for words. She wanted to tell him again that they should just leave and she could do her best to explain what little Jim told her about it later.

Gyro tore his hand away from her before slamming his hands on the cheap table and standing up. The thin wood bent a little under his weight. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

He finally grabbed the remote to turn the TV off, shooting Gyro a glare. "It's what I just got through telling your bitch, you never bothered to call and ask."

His beak remained open in shock before his eyebrows furrowed. He wasn't sad yet, that would hit him later. For now it was pure rage. "WHY WOULD I CALL AND ASK IF MY MOM WAS DEAD?! YOU ASSHOLE!"

Jim matched Gyro's anger. "HEY! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT LEFT, REMEMBER?! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT STOPPED BEING IN CONTACT WITH US! YOU CLEARLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FAMILY SO WHY WOULD I HAVE GONE OUT OF MY WAY TO TELL YOU THAT SHE DIED!?"

"OF COURSE I CARE FOR MY FAMILY! I ALWAYS DID! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DOESN'T! WHY ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE BEAT ME AND MOM, HUH?! I LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU'RE TO BLAME!" He screamed. Jim wasn't standing up yet but Gyro was closing in on him. "LOOK AT YOU!" He waved his arms at his father "AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, YOU'RE STILL A DEADBEAT ASSHOLE! I BET YOU WERE RELIEVED WHEN SHE DIED, WEREN'T YOU?! YOU COULD FINALLY JUST KICK BACK AND RELAX! IT WAS ONE LESS PERSON TO TORTURE! I BET MAKING PEOPLE'S LIVES MISERABLE GETS TIRING!"

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, GYRO?! I INVITE YOU INTO MY HOUSE AND YOU'RE BITCHING AT ME?!" Jim stood up from his chair and threw the remote across the room in a fit of rage. It caused a small dent in the wall, similar to other ones scattered throughout the house. "YOU WERE ALWAYS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE FAMILY AND I WAS SO FUCKING RELIEVED WHEN YOU FINALLY LEFT!" He pointed a finger at Gyro's chest "YOU WERE A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT THEN AND YOU STILL ARE NOW! GO FUCK YOURSELF!"

"I'M THE DISAPPOINTMENT?!" Gyro laughed, but it was clearly pained. He was tearing up. "I'M SCROOGE MCDUCK'S NUMBER 1 SCIENTIEST? AND WHAT ARE YOU? SOME LOWLIFE WHO HOOKS UP WITH PROSTITUTES AND GETS HIGH! NOTHING ELSE!" It was a bold move, but Gyro shoved his dad back. The look he got in return was enough to send him running for the hills if he was in the right state of mind. "THAT'S RIGHT! GO AHEAD AND BEAT UP YOUR BISEXUAL SON AGAIN!"

Gloria noticed that this argument wasn't going to end well. Most likely for Gyro. She got up from her chair and ran in front of the two of them to help split them apart.

Jim didn't waste any time in preparing to give Gyro a beating of a lifetime again. He aimed his first punch at Gyro's stomach but it was blocked by Gloria who stepped in between them. Jim hit her on her side, causing her to fall to her knees from the impact. It was definitely going to leave a large bruise.

The room went a deathly silent. Gyro didn't even move as he looked down at Gloria and then back at his dad. "I know you did not just do that." He knelt down to Gloria's level, afraid to touch her. She wasn't making eye contact with him. Gyro looked back up at his dad, fully crying now. He grit his teeth. "I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!"

"That stupid bitch got in my way!" Jim shook his hand from his wrist as a means to shake off the pain from just punching her.

Gloria put both of her hands on her side where she was hit. Her voice was shaky. "Gyro, I'm fine. Let's just go."

Gyro ignored her, his mind going a mile a minute. "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL HER?!"

The kitchen surrounding them had stacks upon stacks of dirty dishes, and an old rusted steak knife was close by. It must've been sitting there for years based on how it looked, though it must've only been a few months. Gyro took note of it as he waited for his father's response.

"I CALLED HER A BITCH AND YOU BETTER FUCKING LISTEN TO HER IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!" Jim cracked his knuckles as a warning.

Without another thought, Gyro grabbed the nearby knife. There was no hesitation as he drove it straight into his father's chest. His shaking hands remained on the handle as he looked his dad in the eye, the knife still digging into him.

Jim froze in place, looking down at his chest before back up at Gyro. He was able to huff out a forced sarcastic laugh "I guess it won't be long until I see your whore mom in hell, you fucking faggot." He tried to laugh again but it only came out as coughs due to all of the blood that was coming up.

Gyro's eyes narrowed as he ripped out the knife. He thought back to all the times Ellie had killed and drew the knife into the side of his father's throat before ripping that out too.

Blood splattered on him as he stumbled backward, almost tripping over Gloria. Jim grabbed his neck before collapsing on the floor. He didn't last long and Gyro watched him with bated breath as Jim drew his last.

He dropped the knife into the pool of blood he stood in, and stared blankly at the body. It quickly morphed into one of horror as he stood frozen in place.

Gloria picked herself up from the floor, still holding onto her side. She kept her focus on the back of Gyro's head and not Jim's body that was still bleeding out. "Gyro?..." She trailed off. There were also a lot of thoughts racing through her mind and she had no idea what to say or do next.

His fists clenched up at the sound of her voice. "We need to go." He whispered. "We clean off ourselves in the restroom and then we hit the road. You get a hold of Ellie; we'll pick them up."

She nodded and walked back into the room where they were staying to grab her phone and contact Ellie. She texted Ellie a short but urgent message as well as Jim's address. After Gloria did that she began stuffing both her and Gyro's clothes into her bag. She made sure to scan around the house one last time to see if there was anything worth stealing before hitting the road. Her phone buzzed, letting her know that Ellie, Mark, and Boyd were on the way. She sent her another text saying that Mark should be the one to drive us out of here given that Gyro isn't mentally doing okay.

They each only had one other Jimmy Buffett outfit to change into but it was good enough for now. Gyro grabbed the wallet he had stolen at EPCOT and bounced the hell out of the house with Gloria. He didn't care about hiding the evidence. They were already on the run; it wouldn't make a difference if the cops were on their tail now too. He started patting his shorts for the car keys. "...shit shit shit!" He looked back at the house behind them. "Fuck. I'm going to have to run back in and look for the keys. You wait here."

Before Gyro could even move an inch, Sadie burst into flames before their eyes. Gloria screamed and jumped back as a wave of heat hit her. The fire from the explosion moved over to the house quickly and from the flames and remains of the car scuttled out Glomgold, covered in soot.

"OI! WHO WOKE ME UP FROM MEH NAP?!"

Vic, from a distance, put down his binoculars. "...oh goodness."

T-bag was sitting beside Vic from behind a bush and ready to beat the shit out him. "You fucking idiot! Chicken Dweeb wasn't even in the car! God! And of course the fat one makes it out safe! Don't you see that as long as he's still alive, he is able to take us down! God damnit, Vic!"

"S-sorry! I had no idea the fat one was with them!" Vic, still on his stomach, scooted away like that would save him from a beating. "C-chicken Dweeb was supposed to turn the ignition but he must've d-done it somehow!" He pointed over to the soot covered Glomgold.

T-bag grit his teeth and was about to say something else when T-bag interrupted.

"I- I promise I'll make sure he isn't with them next time!"

"There won't be a next time!" T-bag slammed his fist on the dirt.

Vic nearly shit himself, thinking that was his death sentence, but was relieved when T-bag continued.

"No more waiting around for him to die, you kidnap him tonight."

Okay, Vic wasn't relieved anymore. Kidnapping wasn't really his thing but he gulped before nodding anyway. "Y-yes, sir."

"I can kidnap him if you want me to instead. I mean, I do have more muscle and shit."

Oh yeah, C-note was there too.

T-bag rolled his eyes. "Shut up C-note, you're just the side character the authors forgot about and had to go back and add you into the past few chapters last minute."

"...oh."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ten minutes before, ya know, Gyro's felony.

It may have been only eight in the morning, but Boyd was eager to go out and about so going out is what they did, much to Mark's displeasure. But he wasn't going to lie, Funky Brunch was a killer breakfast place and he got some good ass pictures for his instagram. That was about it though. The cemetery they were in had shit connection.

Yes, they were in a cemetery. Colonial Park Cemetery.

To be fair, a lot of places were still closed with it being so early and Boyd didn't want to go back to the hotel room, so cemetery it was. And yes, it was Ellie's idea. There was no one there which made it great in Ellie's eyes. And Mark could get some 'okay' selfies. He figured he could try to pass himself off as someone who was into historical sites on twitter. That or a really weird goth phase.

"You know," Ellie started as they were walking. Yeah, she was going to go on some sort of fun fact rant again. "Cemeteries used to be popular socialization areas in the 1800s and prior. They were treated as parks where organics would host parties, flea markets, have picnics, and so forth. Then, with the growth of technology, cemeteries were visited less frequently before they became dull and abandoned as they are today."

Mark didn't say anything because he wasn't paying attention, but Boyd was.

"That's really cool! I feel kind of bad though, maybe the people get lonely."

Damn. That conversation got dark pretty quickly.

Ellie laughed. "No worries. Their bodies are decomposed and they can feel no emotions."

Boyd didn't know what to say to that, but he was quickly distracted by pretty flowers so he wasn't freaked out for too long. "Oh wow! I'm going to go identify them and write it down in my Junior Woodchuck Guidebook! I'll be right back!" He ran off, though it was only a good fifty feet away.

"Yo, before we go on that ghost tour thingy, I wanna get Leopold's!"

Ellie's attention was drawn from reading the headstone to searching her data. "The ice cream parlor? I am sure Boyd would love to go there after lunch." That's all she said before turning back to the headstone. Man, all the guys married girls who were fourteen and shit. Good thing they were dead. That shit nasty.

She quickly moved on to another fun fact. "This cemetery used to be a lot larger, but they destroyed some of it to make way for the road." She pointed to the street. "That is why there are large dented areas on the brick sidewalk. It is because the caskets underneath have collapsed." Ellie was having a fucking blast. "You can see the outline of the casket in puddles when it rains. I would love to see that if I did not die in water."

Mark finished typing out a tweet as he looked up at Ellie again. "Ellie, queen, can we talk about other things rather than death? It's totes throwing off my vibes for the day." If Mark was still in his emo phase during this, he would've been all over Ellie's "fun" facts about cemeteries. He shivered at the mere thought of his emo phase again.

"Alright." She stood back up, since she had been kneeling down to read a headstone, and looked at Mark. "I like you more than I like dead organics so what do you wish to talk about?" She didn't need to ask because it was definitely going to be about Instagram or something else she didn't care for but it was whatever. She didn't mind like she used to.

Mark smiled "Well, we can talk about anything really! It's chill." He looked up at the sky and the nearby buildings to admire his surroundings other than the tombstones. "Ya know, this place is hella cool! It's pretty laid back though. Like, we have to leave the historic district just to get to the nearest Target!? Wack! But yeah anyways I actually kinda like it here. Sucks that we have to leave so soon. I wish it was only you and I here so we could just stay here as long as we wanted."

"I agree. But I will say, even if it was just the two of us, we most likely would be on the run from something else anyway because that is how our lives work. So, in the end, I suppose it does not really matter much. I will enjoy it while I can." Ellie nodded her head at her own good point she just made. "I also look forward to killing the gang members 'hunting' us down. They are hard targets. It is fun." She looked back at Mark and frowned. "I apologize, that was back on the topic of death."

Mark, again, didn't know what to say to that and shrugged. "It's cool." And then he went back to taking duck face selfies with dead people in the background.

Since it was just the two of them, though Boyd was still in the cemetery, Ellie decided it was a good time to flirt. Aka hoe robot mode was on. She pulled out her trump card.

"I like the swoop of your hair today."

Mark had his front camera open so he was able to see his hair. He smiled "Thankssssss, queeeeen!" He gave her a wink before taking another selfie.

Damn. That was all Ellie had. She just stared at him for a moment before going back to reading the headstones. She wasn't that creative in conversation so back to reading it was.

Mark took a few more selfies before he finally put his phone away. He didn't really want to take a whole lot in the cemetery. He thought about proposing again and was debating on whether or not this would be the best place to do it. He was kind of freaked out with the idea of proposing next to a bunch of old graves but he also knew that this would be the perfect spot for Ellie. It was private, no one would be around to bother or interrupt them and she would be in an environment that she loves. After a minute of thinking Mark was able to list more pros than cons on proposing right then and there.

He got closer and tapped Ellie's shoulder to get her attention. At this point, if anyone or anything interrupted him from proposing this time, he would lose it. He took out the same box he had been carrying around in his pocket for the past few days and held it behind his back.

She turned around and looked at him. "Mark, I am occupied reading about Samuel Vickers and his six dead wives." She didn't turn back around though, waiting for what Mark had to say. A part of her hoped her trump card and robo hoe mode had worked and this was about to turn into a two minute mini date before Boyd came running back over. But the other part of her also wanted to continue reading about Vickers' dead wives so it was a complicated situation. Don't you hate it when you want to read a tombstone but you also want to be a hoe?

"Can it wait? I wanna ask you something."

She nodded. "Alright."

He cleared his throat. "Okay, I've been trying to do this for the past few days now and every single time something stupid came up." he laughed "but anyways what I've been trying to say was that I really love you, Ellie. I can't even tell you all the things I love about you or else we will be here all day." He laughed again at his weak attempt at a joke. He stopped laughing and gave a more serious look while still keeping a smile on his face. He went down on one knee and presented the ring box to her. "Ellie..." He opened the box open to reveal the ring. "Will you marry me?" He repeated his words over and over again in his mind, hoping it sounded okay. He thought his delivery was strong but he still couldn't help the fact that his heart was racing the entire time.

"No." She went back to reading the gravestone.

His face was priceless. Anyone who ever hated Mark Beaks would've paid good money to have taken a photo of his reaction. He continued being down on one knee as he looked up at her. "Ummmm... woah okay then... shit."

She looked back over to him and smiled, chuckling robotically. "I was kidding. Of course I will marry you, Mark. I love you."

He did a sigh of relief before his smile returned. He stood up, still keeping the ring in front of him. "So yes?!" He took the ring out of the box and grabbed Ellie's hand to put it on her finger. "God, I love you, too but I didn't realize you were kidding! Omg, right?!" Even though the ring was already on her hand, he still continued to hold it.

She was about to kiss him when her phone, that she got last night because plot, went off. It ruined the moment but she took it out knowing it was either from Gloria or Gyro. "Oh goodness. We need to go. Gyro just murdered someone."

He sighed "Fuck, of course he did..." He waved at Boyd to get his attention "Yo! B-man! We're leaving, sport!"

Dingles watched the little robot kid run over to his parents. Him and Tina were on the other side of the cemetery in all black, to look like they were mourning or some shit. "No way! I just got ordained so I could totally wed them." He nudged Tina with his elbow, forgetting they were supposed to be stalking the three across the cemetery.

Tina slapped the back of his head "Aren't you forgetting the whole reason why we are out here?!"

"Oh yeah, uhhhh, what do we do now? They're leaving and whatever." He pointed to Mark with his thumb. "Should I just tackle him and destroy the phone now or...?"

Tina was about to slap him again but she thought about his question for a moment. "Actually... yeah. Go do that. That would be funny as hell."

"Okay!" Dingles shot across the cemetery, naruto style, while yelling "IT'S ME, DINGLES, YA BOI!"

Before any of the three could react, Dingles slam dunked Mark's phone into the ground. It shattered into literally a million pieces, due to his strength, on impact.

Ellie screamed and shielded Boyd because it was the gang member, while Mark screamed because his precious phone was just destroyed before his eyes.

Dingles did a touchdown gesture before running around in circles and then hopping the fence to get the hell out of there. Tina laughed and went out the back exit to catch up with him.

Ellie looked around, very confused. "I do not understand what just happened."

Mark fell to his knees and began to sob. He slowly started picking up each piece of his phone and placing it in his palm. Once he had all the pieces in his hand, he dug a small grave and gently placed his phone remains in the hole. He covered it up with dirt and cried harder. "HE WAS TOO YOUNG!"

Ellie sighed and knelt down, but not to pay her respects to the phone. She just handed Mark her own.

His mood did a 180 and he was immediately happy again. "Ooooooooh!!! Thank youuuuuu! Kay now let's go get ice cream!"

"But Mark, we have to meet up with Gloria and Gyro."

"Ugh... seriously? Fine...."

The phone dinged again.

He looked to see who was texting him. "Omg okay so turns out the van blew up, too. That's cool." His tone was sarcastic.

Boyd frowned. "Oh no... I liked Sadie. She was really nice."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The hotel Mark and Ellie were staying in was booked so the Glomsquad were all staying in one room. Yep. Luckily Glomgold wasn't there. After Sadie had blown up he had run off into the city to terrorize local art students.

Ellie was the one who insisted they stayed together. If the cops came for Gyro she would stab them. Her logic behind that was flawed considering they always had guns, but Ellie was Ellie so whatever.

Gyro was nervously pacing around the room, pulling at his hair.

"What happened?" Ellie decided it was best to ask Gloria rather than Gyro who looked like he was in the middle of the largest breakdown he had ever had.

Gloria sighed "I'll tell you about it later." She whispered because she didn't really want Gyro to hear.

Boyd was about to approach Gyro but Ellie took his hand to grab his attention and shook her head. Boyd frowned.

"OKAY!" Gyro finally turned around. His fists were already full of some of his hair. "I'm going outside for a breather!"

"Dr. Dad, wait-"

He already left, slamming the door behind him.

Boyd pouted before turning to Gloria. "Will he be alright by himself?"

"I hope so... I really don't like the idea of him being alone right now, though."

"Pft. Well, I ain't following him." Mark laughed. He was currently uploading all of his hot and overly filtered emo selfies taken at the graveyard. All with the hashtag "HotTopic" because he knew that would get the young kids to see his account.

Everyone ignored him.

"Should we follow him?" Boyd asked.

Gloria sat up and went to the door "I'll check on him, Boyd. I'll be back in a minute."

Boyd smiled in appreciation as Gloria left the room to quickly catch up with Gyro.

He was already at the elevator, smashing the button over and over again.

"That won't help the elevator get here quicker, ya know..."

"Yeah yeah, I know!" He snapped and, ironically, started hitting the button faster.

She changed the subject. "You don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to but I think it would be best if I was walking with you. It's already pretty late."

He was already shaking his head before she finished her sentence. "No. Absolutely not. I need to be alone." And he really did need to be. Just the presence of another person, even Gloria, made him want to curl up and die. Just like his dad and mom. "Just go away! I'll be fine."

She sighed "Gyro, you just went through a lot in the past few hours. I don't think it's safe for you to be alone right now."

He laughed at that. "Yeah, well, I don't give a shit."

"Yeah, well, I think you should give a shit." Just the way Gyro was speaking right now was already a red flag in Gloria's mind.

Removing his hand from smashing the button, Gyro turned to Gloria and full on screamed. "GODDAMNIT GLORIA! JUST FUCK OFF!" His voice echoed down the hall and there was no doubt people heard it in their rooms.

"FINE!" Gloria turned around and stomped back to Mark and Ellie's hotel room, muttering out a string of swear words under her breath.

Gyro sighed in relief. He didn't give enough of a shit to care about how he had just screamed at her. He was alone and that was all that mattered to him. Eventually, he rounded the hotel and sat on the sidewalk bordering the road. It wasn't even that sketchy considering it was a nice part of town by the river, nor was there any traffic considering it was a small side road.

He sat down onto the concrete and took a swig of vodka that he had grabbed at the bar before storming out of the hotel.

Vic, who has been keeping a close eye on Gyro the entire day, parked his gang's new,and stolen, black van nearby where Gyro was currently sitting. He waited a few minutes in the van just to make sure that the coast was clear and that he was alone. He eventually grabbed his gun before hopping out of the vehicle. Vic went around a corner so Gyro wasn't able to see him coming.

Gyro was still slummed on the side of the road when he felt the end of a gun being pressed against the back of his head.

Vic stuttered out. "Okay, Gyro, I don't want to kill you, alright? Please listen to me and follow where I tell you."

Gyro didn't even blink before standing up and shrugged. "Yeah, okay. Whatever."

"Wha- really? That easy?" Vic wasn't able to keep the gun against his head now that Gyro was standing up. He pointed it into his back instead.

"Yep. I don't give a shit about anything anymore so just take me to whatever sketchy van you're going to put me into. Or kill me."

"Oh... alright. That was pretty easy." He smiled to himself. "Okay just follow me to that black van parked over there." Vic pointed to the van with his free hand.

Gyro shoved that twink man's hand out of the way to walk toward the van himself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459 27 48
My first fan fiction my goal is 1k reeds I'm open to suggestions for adventure Huey Dewey Louie'dad Ducktales belongs to Disney RJ was a boy...
6.5K 109 11
When an unexpected visitor arrives with new information about Della they must work together as a family to find out what happened to their parents (S...
45.8K 1K 21
Book One!! Update: THE WHOLE SERIES IS NOW COMPLETED! It includes all 3 seasons across 4 (and counting) books! Enjoy! 😊 I fell into the world of Du...
168 12 10
When Emilie,and Gladstone decide to get marry they have to deal with unexpected family drama.