21

(I've changed Nancy's face claim to Naomi Scott for those who may be confused.)

After Julian's body fell the group was silent.

No one knew what to say or do as the body shrivelled into a desicated corpse and they all stood there in shock. Enzo and Bonnie were the first to moved as they came back down the tower with Emma behind them and ran to their friend.

Bonnie grabbed Nancy into a hug as Stefan retrieved her heart from Julian and Enzo stood by Damon.

Killian and the others stood back and watched before Nancy threw herself up off of the ground and into her father's arms.

No one there had ever seen her so emotive. Not as a human, not in being a torture victim with Enzo and Damon and not when they lost countless friends.

She was the strong one. The one who didn't cry so others could show how they felt. Yes she had emotions, and yes she wasn't afraid to share them. But never on such a desperate scale.

David patted Killian's shoulder to assure him then Robin did the same, both being fathers themselves and being all to familiar with fatherly worry.

Regina and Emma shared a look then Regina spoke to the assembled supernaturals. "Who was he?"
"Our mother's ex-lover." Damon replied looking down at the body with no pity only hate.

"What do we do with his body?" Emma asked. "Got anywhere to start a bonfire?" Damon once again replied.

After pulling away from her hug with her father, Nancy hugged Bonnie back then Enzo and Stefan but she halted at Damon.

The Salvatore moved awkwardly on his feet and realised he wasn't getting a thank you. After all, what had he done? He didn't really take part in rescuing her.

"You came for me?" She whispered as she pulled away from Stefan. The younger brother nodded and Bonnie gave a small "obviously."

"We couldn't just let the bastard kill you." Enzo spoke and she smiled at them all. Even Damon.

"I need a drink.....and my heart back." Nancy joked and Stefan helped her back up from her knees. "We'll get that for you." He said kindly as Bonnie gently pushed the girl's heart back into her chest.

"Aye lass, we'll get you one." Killian spoke up and she smiled at her dad, knowingly. He chuckled, "like father like daughter." He mumbled before he passed her his hip flask of whiskey he constantly carried and she opened it with a shaky hand.

"I'm glad you're ok Miss Jones." Robin spoke and she shot him a thankful smile. Then David patted her arm and Emma gave her a nudge. "We all are."

"Shouldn't you two be at the hospital with your family?" Nancy asked the two charmings and they both nodded. "Snow's gonna loose it if you're gone much longer." Nancy told them.

"We'll see you all tomorrow night for the naming ceremony." David announced and Nancy and the other Storybrookers nodded.

"Your heighness an escort home?" Robin offered and Regina gave a smile. Emma and Charming walked away as she took robin's hand and the two also walked away the opposite direction.

The captain shot Nancy a glance but she shrugged and he nodded. "See you back on the ship."
"See you there papa." She replied and off he went too-into the night.

Once everyone was gone but then the five Supernaturals all shared a sigh. "Thank you." Nancy graciously smiled at them all. "For what?" Bonnie asked.
"You saved my life." Nancy said in a duh tone to the younger girl.

"It's our fault you were in danger in the first place."
"None of you sent Julian after me and after I left......I didn't think you'd all care, if I was dead."

"Of course we'd care Nance, we've all been a mess since you left." Stefan butted into the girls' dialogue. "Don't say that just to make me feel needed Stefan."

"You are needed, love." Enzo spoke and she sighed rubbing a tired hand through her sweat soaked hair. "Look, I know you guys are my friend- but you do need me." She pleaded with them- but then Damon spoke.

"You're an idiot." He announced and she gave him a look. "I beg your pardon?"
"If you think none of us care about you.....you're an idiot." He snapped and she scowled. "Are you seriously telling me how I should think about myself when you're the one who's used and abused me for over 170 years?" She snapped- hot rage filling her heart.

"You're gonna do that again- after I came fourteen hours across the country to stop that psycho from killing you?!" Damon yelled- his voice raising to match hers.

"Why did you bother Damon- as you said to Julian, you couldn't care less!" She seethed.
"You think I don't care?!" He was beside himself with anger- not at her, but at himself.

"Yeah! Yeah I do!" She was bubbling with rage.

But then it broke as he spoke his next words.

"I love you Nancy! I fucking love you!.....the reason I didn't cause after you or want to come here is because I thought you hated me for what I did to you! Because you're right! I did use you! I did push you aside and not put you first! But that's because I love you Nancy Lockwood- Nancy Jones- I don't care! I love you! I love Nancy!......not some partner-in-crime, sidekick, helping hand.....I love my best friend! I love the girl who would give anything for anyone no matter the price to herself! I love the sarcastic girl who could care less about who her opinions upset....the smart mouth, badass, gorgeous girl who I don't deserve! I love you Nancy!"

And they all were silenced.

Bonnie and Enzo shared a flabbergasted look as Stefan's face fell instantly.

Because something has resurfaced in his mind.

Something that had been compelled away when he was human.

His brother and Nancy had kissed- this admission wasn't new.....it was just delayed.

Nancy's face however, was the most shocked of them all. Her mouth was ajar, jaw slack and eyes wide.

She gave a shuddered breath before she turned around and ran as far as she could away.

Nancy had never been one to run from things that scared her.

But this did just that and so much more.

It overwhelmed every inch of her body, her mind and her heart.

She was internally malfunctioning at the very thought of Damon realising his true feelings for her.

Even if she still thought it was wholly platonic. (Which he knew it wasn't.)

It was still like being under a giant atomic bomb that exploded her life and decimated her mind.

Her only thought was that she needed to be somewhere away.

Somewhere where she could cool down and compartmentalise this new development.

The dock- water.

So that's where she went.

She sat down on the very edge of the board walk and looked out over the calm night time waters until her mind had partially cleared.

And all that came through her mind now was those four words.

"I love you Nancy."

"You" and "Nancy" not "her" or "Elena", or "Katherine" - it was her.

-.-.-.-.-

"What do we do?" Bonnie asked after Nancy had ran. "Do we look for her?"

"We leave her be, she needs time." Stefan spoke wisely, having known the girl a long time.

"I'm going for a walk." Damon spoke- a spaced-out, dazed look in his eye and an almost heart-broken look on his face.

"Don't go after her Damon- you'll make it worse." Stefan advised and his brother nodded. "I know.....I know." But off he walked- alone.