4

Hook and Emma slowly and cautiously, stepped out of the yellow bug, as they stopped in the middle of the desolate road and watched the abandoned looking car for any signs of life.

"Hello?" Emma called out as a figure stepped out from around the car, an empty bourbon bottle in his hand and his other arm raised in a greeting wave. "Hey." The person called back, a deep male voice.

"Everything alright mate?" Called the captain to the unknown figure. The person chuckled darkly at the sound of the captain's accent, "peachy." He called back sarcastically.

"You blow a tire?" Emma asked noticing one of the car's front tires in ribbons. "Yeah, waiting for a spare from a friend, what brings you to Mystic Falls.....didn't you hear, it's kind of a ghost town." The man yelled as he stepped slowly into the moon light that lit his face.

He was tall, well built with a sculpted, handsome face and dark hair. A pair of piercing blue eyes protruded from under his shaggy black locks and his chisled features were hard-set in a mysterious expression.

He wore a dark leather jacket over a plan t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. He had clearly been drinking from the now empty bottle as he got closer the smell of strong bourbon whiskey permeated through the air from his breath.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked as the stranger reached a fair enough distance from them to hold proper conversation. "It's condemned......gas explosion......killed the entire graduating class of the deputy sheriff department." He told them with an eerily dark and foreboding tone.

"So no one lives here?" Emma asked. "No....and there's a hefty penalty for trespassing or so I hear....better run on back to....."
"Maine, Storybrook Maine." Emma told him and he chuckled again.

"Maine." He repeated. Killian watched the man with a cautious eye.

"If this town is

"If this town is....abandoned, as you say....why are you coming from that direction?" The captain questioned and the man gave him a sideways glance. "Friend of the only living deputy." He replied shortly.

"What brings you folk to our dear old town anyway?" He asked out of what seemed to be seer, bored curiosity. "We're looking for someone." Emma replied to him Abs the man nodded. "Vague." He said and she gave him a look, "they not leave a forwarding address?"

"She doesn't know we're looking for her." Emma said and he nodded, "well maybe she doesn't want to be found."
"It's my daughter and I haven't seen her in a long while." Killian spoke up glaring at the man as his face held a smug expression the captain just wanted to dig his Hook into.

"Have a name? I tend to know a lot of the locals." The man said and they both shared a look. Then Emma spoke, "Nancy, Nancy Lockwood- she may also go by Nancy Jones." Emma read the last name from her phone then gave the woman's real name and the smirking man's face suddenly fell.

It became a mix of confusion and shock.

How did these people know his friend and why were they looking for her now?