62

Stefan's POV
The minute we stepped a foot back into Storybrooke, the instant mood of paranoia and fear gripped every one of us. Even Lily- a relative stranger.

Bonnie and Matt took off in his car towards the docks to meet the search parties while Damon's Chevy was
waiting for my brother and I with Ric in the drivers seat.

Emma took one glance back at us, nodded her head, then she drove away in the bug, following after Matt and Bonnie. Lily in her passenger seat.

The car was eerily silent as Damon was still refusing to speak to me and Ric was not about to be our mediator.

I was sat in the back, my head running through every possible scenario that could have befell Nancy, Henry and the Captain.

Damon was brooding in the passenger of his own car, nursing his usually sour expression while our human companion focused on the roads.

All three of us were worried. For our friend and her father and little brother figure. She had been a stable part of all three of our lives for years, if not longer.

She was the godmother to Ric's children, the only stable female figure in my life and my brothers soulmate. I wasn't afraid to admit that.

And Henry. Henry was only a child. A small boy, that in only the space of ten months, had managed to capture Nancy's heart and all of ours following that.

So the ride was silent. Right up until we parked at the edge of the docks and all three of us sprinted from the car.

Our friends were all gathered around David who was clutching a mine-trail map and a flashlight to brighten up the darkening evening.

"We need to split up into the cave systems.......while someone else finds the boat." Matt spoke up from across the circle. "They're in a cave?" Damon deadpanned.

"Yeah.....Nancy managed to answer her phone, but it cut out.....she said......she said she was in a cave with Henry and the water was rising." Tyler enlightened us all.

Snow, who had been in Emma's bug, was now stood with us. She comfortingly rubbed Caroline's arm as she and Bonnie were both stood with worried expressions.

Elena and Ric were stood a few feet away now whispering between themselves with my brother watching them. He was listening in.

So I did too.

"You're human Elena!"
"I know that Ric......but this is important and as much as I don't get along with Nancy......she's Damon's friend." Elena asserted.
"Oh so now you suddenly care about Nancy cause she's Damon's friend? Elena she's been his friend since 1954........and neither you or Damon have ever cared about that enough."
"Look Ric, I'm helping-."

"No you're not." Damon suddenly interjected into their conversation making everyone, vampires and humans alike to turn and look at the two humans.

Enzo and Bonnie exchanged a confused look that I caught before I drew my attention back to the unfolding scene in front of me.

"Damon the more people we have searching the quicker we'll find them." Emma tried to plead with him but he shuck his head. "She's not putting herself in danger again......and neither are you Ric."

"Damon it's a bloody search party not a battle." Enzo then tried.
"And yet Nancy and Henry are being held hostage by someone none of us know in a cave that could kill them......if they got Nancy.....they could get any of us."

"And we aren't gonna let that happen." Bonnie snapped. "We're gonna save them."

-.-.-.-.-

Meanwhile on the Jolly Rodger, Captain Killian Hook was being tied, once again to his own mast and held with a sword at his throat. Blackbeard's crew had completely commandeered the ship.

Killian fought and fought his bonds but alas all attempts were futile. As Blackbeard paced tauntingly back and forth mocking him and talking over and over about the fate that would befall his daughter and Henry.

"They're to drown in that cave.......and you.......you are to go out like a real pirate.........given to the sea." The man's face grew dark as the other pirate thrashed against his bonds.

"They're children!" He spat at the disgusting creature of a man in front of him, who merely smirked harder. "And some how their sacrifice's emotion does evade me......goodbye Captain Hook."

And just like that, a light turned on inside Killian's head.

His hook. They didn't take his hook.

As two of Blackbeard's brutes began to untie him from the mast and drag him towards the edge of the ship were he was about to be chained to an anchor and thrown in to drown.

He began to move his arm, slowly at first, then quicker and quicker until he could feel the ropes around his forearms loosening, as his hook began to sink through the bindings and free him little by little.

The other pirates were non-the-wiser as his normal hand slowly slipped free and he drew it up and out of the ropes.

He was leaned against the ship's side and his legs were being coiled around by a heavy chain that clanked into the ship's wooden deck.

Just before his legs were fully made immobile.....he struck.

He jabbed out his left knee and hit the kneeling man in front of him directly on the nose. The man toppled back dazed and dropped the chain which instant fell away, freeing his legs. Then in a swift motion Killian broke out of his arm binding completely and brought his hooked arm around to grab the other pirate cronies' collar which he used to prepell the man overboard.

Another six of Blackbeard's men ran for the escapee but he was quicker, and he knew the boat. With the element of surprise on his side and his intricate knowledge of the vessel, he kicked over a rum barrel beside him knocking two men off of their feet, then from above he caught his hook into the lowered swing sail and pushed off of the boat side.

His momentum hit and knocked over the other two men while the final two drew their swords and chased the pirate towards the bow of the ship where he grabbed a discarded sword from a weapon's barrel, and swiftly cut down a suspended flour bag that lifted the mast. He grabbed the other end and was propelled a good few feet into the air, clutching the rope with his normal hand and dropping the sword out of his hook.

Then in a final escape manouver, killian began to swing himself to gain more momentum to land safely in the small row boat that was docked to the ship.

He dropped the two meter gap down and into the smaller vessel before he used his hook once again to slit the tying rope from the boat and away it began to float.

Blood and adrenaline pumped in his ears as he could hear the curses of his nemesis screaming out threats at him from the steerage platform of his abandoned ship.

"You will rue the day Captain Hook!"