37

Emma and Bonnie had now been trapped in the wall for three hours and Nancy- who'd been sent back to town with Matt and Henry- was sitting nervously in the charming's apartment nursing a worried face and a glass of bourbon that she'd learned to use as a coping mechanism much like Damon when times got hard or stressful.

She could feel herself growing more and more nervous for her father's girlfriend and the young witch she saw as a close friend- near-sister-figure.

Matt was recovering slowly, Nancy having realised the vervain in his system that he invested to stay safe from compulsion in their supernatural world had drained the effects of Damon's vampire blood, so the probably broken ribs and other injuries he sustained had been slow to correct themselves.

He was currently asleep on the couch as Henry, sat a book in his lap, with a pensive facial expression that made Nancy shy away from forcing the poor teen into any conversation.

However, their tense silence was broken when the power suddenly came back on and Nancy's phone started ringing.

She answered the phone to Damon who was calling her, "hey, what's going on?" She demanded quickly her worry still deepest in her mind.

"Bonnie's ok, she's on her way with your dad, Emma and David." He said and she gave a sigh of relief- "mind coming and picking us up?" He then asked and she sighed again.

"I'll be there in five." Then she hung up. "Hen I'll be back, keep an eye on Matt for me." She leaned down, kissed the young boys head of brown hair then she grabbed her leather jacket and her keys and slipped out of the door to the apartment, locking the door with the spare key David and snow gave her the month before.

As she walked down the steps of the building and out towards her car she saw that the town was back to normal with it's power and evening commuters milling around the quaint streets.

It was comforting to know that the twin was ok, but now her friends were trapped here too.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Apologies for the short chapter and the long wait, I've had some family issues the past week and some school stresses to deal with so thank you for the continued reads and votes.

Stay safe, much love xxx