69

Mr Gold's shop has been closed for hours. The tables polished and little trinkets tucked away under the desks. Cabinets had been locked and the store light had been switched off with only the back room illuminated in a warm amber glow from a single hanging bulb.

Belle hummed as she sat on the small back room bed and watched her husband picking away at the gears of an old wristwatch given to him by Stefan Salvatore. It had been the ex-Dark One's little project for months now. To say Rumple had become domesticated would be a lie, but to say he was completely evil still would also be an untruth.

The once dark one had changed since the loss of his eldest son and now the loss of his second. The looming fear of one woman who had threatened him his entire life still hanging over him.

He knew.....she had his baby.

So that night when the shop door dinged open and in stepped a 20-something year-old man and an oddly familiar, gorgeous brunette the world tilted on it's axis and smiled as thrown from under the grieving couple's feet.

Hearing the door bell, Belle- ever that dutiful hostess- went to answer it. There she did not recognise the man at first, however ironic that was. And yet the woman made her pause.

The woman's face was burned into her memory. Someone who had left nearly three years ago and yet looked untarnished by time. Strange for a human.

"Elena?......what are you doing back?" Belle asked a sweet note to her confused words. The woman took a pause before she swallowed and answered with an oddly fake-looking smile. "I was passing by with my friend here, I thought I'd pay the town a visit."

Belle was confused. Why would the moved on, happy Elena Gilbert want to return to the vampire infested, her ex-ridden town?

"Did you see Caroline and the girls?" Belle questioned and Elena shrugged. "I haven't yet.......I was wondering if you'd help me Belle, there's something I believe could be here."

"Belle who is it?" Came Mr Gold's voice from the back room. "Elena, she's passing through the town!- what is it you're searching for?"

"A necklace.....It used to belong to someone, related to me.....back when Stefan and Damon where human."
"What does it look like?"

"That one there." And then 'Elena' pointed right at the display case over the Till stand.

And sure enough, there was an antique necklace inside.

-

-.-.-.-.-.-

The next morning a knock racketed off of Nancy's cottage's back door. The sound of running footfalls on the stairs and the sudden yanking open of the old cottage door told Stefan his friend had woken up late.

"Good Morning to you too Miss Jones." He chuckled as she stood panting in her own door way. "Lizzie lost her shoe and Josie can't find cuddle bear anywhere.......I love these girls but I can't wait for them to leave Stef." He laughed harder entering the house and handing her a to go coffee cup. A tradition the two shared on early mornings.

Two shots of espresso and three pumps of the secret blood bottle under Grannie's counter. "How Cole you came for them and not Ric?" Nancy asked and he shrugged. "Matt texted- apparently human, father of three year old Twins Ric, can't hang." He joked and she laughed. "Hungover?"
"Most definitely."

"You want some breakfast? I'm gonna check on the girls then I can whip something up?" She offered but he waved a hand in a 'I'm fine, don't bother' sort of gesture. "How's Caroline?"

"She enjoyed it last night- kept worrying about you and the girls but after three bottles of wine and a movie, I think I got her to stop worrying."

"So you two had sex?" Nancy bluntly asked and with a satisfied and proud smile, Stefan nodded. "Finally! I was beginning to worry about you two. Not even married and you're an old couple with kids." She teased and he just shuck his head through a laugh.

"Speaking of an actionless existence, how are you?"
"Ha ha, don't try and uno reverse card me." She snapped back at him. "So I'm right.....you're bored." He cocked his head and she shuck hers. "Fine yes! I admit it.....now can we please-."

A sudden bang on the door made the two supernaturals jump as they both snapped their heads to the back kitchen door. "What the hell?" She mumbled as he jumped up and sped to the door, flinging it open to find three things.

A giant dagger stabbed into the old wood.

A piece of paper dangling from the blade. And a necklace hanging over the hilt.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Little Star,
How long has it been? Two? Three years? Because for me it's felt like an eternity. Do you remember back in the market place, that day when you ran into me and I stopped you at the book cart? I read your note little lover girl. And honestly, it made me pity how pathetic you were. I was angry- for a time. And now all I see when I think of you.....Is your body laying out on that dark, forest path. Bleeding and broken.....and dead.
The brothers had their chance with me, and they too amounted to nothing but disappointment. But you.....you were the greatest let down of all. Because I was the one who gave you that fight, my blood.
And now I am the one sequestered to hell for all eternity while you waist yours up here chasing some forgotten dream? Get a grip.
You watched as I died in front of you from that mutt's poison and then you desecrated my body. So this one is for you, Little pirate wench.
This dagger will be lodged in your heart, those boys will die and this town you hold so dear, these people you love.
Will be set a blaze and burned.
For now, Nancy.
-Katherine 

"She threatened you?" Matt asked as he snatched the note up and read and re-read it over and over. "Yeah Matt, we read it too." Nancy mumbled as she paced the station back and forth.

"This psycho wants to come here and threaten us? Our town?" Regina seethed. "We should kill her."
"She's already dead." Matt sighed.

"So what do we do?" Caroline asked worriedly as she watched Lizzie, Josie, Neal and Roland running around in Emma's office blissfully unaware.

"We send her back to hell." Stefan shrugged. "Are you okay?" Emma asked her step-daughter who shrugged from where she stopped pacing in front of the cells. "She wants me dead......why me?"

"Because unlike Stefan and Damon, you weren't her victim......and she wants you to be."
"I was shot and killed trying to help them rescue her? And you tell me I'm not a victim?" She quizzed Matt who sighed. "Nancy, she cares more about you as an enemy then them......so we need to exploit  that. She's vulnerable, she has no allies."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that dearie!" Came Gold's voice as he and a distraught looking Belle entered the room behind them.

"Because she has two......my mother......and our son."

"Gideon? He's missing and a baby." Regina deadpanned. "Not quite."