6

"Where will she be?" Emma asked as she, Killian and the brothers stepped out of the Camaro and stared walking down the Main Street of Mystic Falls, past the boarded-up mayors office and the sheriffs station and eventually coming to the Mystic Grill. "Wanna check the Grill?" Damon asked his brother and Stefan shrugged.

"You not coming in?"
"Make it like the horror movies.....let's split up." Damon joked before he patted his brothers arm and the two moved away from one another.

Emma decided to head into the bar with Stefan while Killian followed Damon with a suspicious expression.

The two men walked in silence for a while until Damon spoke up, "so you're Nancy's dad." He said with false interest clear in his voice. "Yes." Killian replied shortly. "How come it's taken you this long to find her?"
"Lots of curses and misfortune." The pirate replied in his gruff accent.

"When was the last time you saw her?" Damon asked yet another question. "Nearly two hundred years ago." The man replied and Damon nodded. "She thought you abandoned her you know.....she didn't tell me about 'Neverland' or her father being 'Captain Hook' but she told me you left her."

"I did it to protect her." The pirate revealed. "Trust me....I know from experience.......telling her that will probably piss her off more." Damon tried to warn the man but the leather-clad pirate ignored him. "She's my daughter and I've searched for her for decades.....I don't care how much she hates me....I just want her back."

"Fair enough." And the two men continued on their way.

-.-.-.-.-

"Nancy!" Stefan stepped into the abandoned bar with Emma at his side with a face of mixed determination and worry. "Nancy!" He yelled into the empty space.

"Stefan." Replied a voice.

But it wasn't Nancy.

It was Lily Salvatore.

"Mother." Stefan spoke lowly to the woman as she stepped from the shadows a false smile on her face. "Another one of your friends?" She asked noticing Emma behind her younger son.

"A new acquaintance." He replied with a cool voice; stepping over to shield Emma from his mother's line of sight. "You're friend is missing?" The Salvatore woman asked and Stefan nodded curtly.

"What's it to you?" He snapped at his mother with a venom she was more accustomed to seeing in his brother. "I wouldn't want to hear of Nancy getting hurt unnecessarily......I liked her when we were human.....she was good to you and Damon."

"What did you do to her?" He snapped at her jumping to the conclusion that, like Caroline, Nancy had been taken by his mother.

"I haven't touched her......I just sent Enzo to find her.......asked him to find out what she was doing back in town." The woman's face suddenly morphed into one of deadly seriousness.

"I know what your brother did. And even though I know you weren't involved.......you aren't forgiven, but I'm letting the blonde go.....Nancy was always your brother's weakness.....so I'm using it. He touches my family again.......and her life will be the price." The mother cruelly described before she brushed past Stefan with a cold bump of his shoulder.

"Your brother has till tomorrow to bring Oscar back.....or we come after Nancy."

Then she was gone, the bar door left swinging in her wake.

-.-.-.-.-

"What the hell do you mean Lily threatened her?!" Damon demanded as he and Killian slammed their way into the grill a few minutes later. "Lily is using her to threaten you." Stefan snapped at his brother. "For killing Malcolm."