36

Damon and Nancy had spent the afternoon moving their minimal belongings into the already furnished new home after the old woman lazily handed over the keys and agreed upon a monthly payment that the two would easily find or compel for themselves.

When they were done they agreed to head into town for a celebratory drink and maybe find her father to break the news of her 'moving out' but they couldn't find him anywhere.

Just as they stepped into Granny's and spotted Emma, Nancy's phone rang and she looked down to see it was Bonnie calling her.

"Weird." She mumbled to Damon who looked to her. "Bonnie's calling me."
"Probably asking about how to deal with Caroline's new hormones." Damon joked and she shot him an unamused side glance.

"Hello?" Nancy raised the phone to her ear. "Hey Nance, look....we're sorry to just drop in but Stefan, Enzo, Matt, Valerie and I are just looking to get away from town for a while." Bonnie spoke into the phone and Nancy hummed in response.

"Caroline and Ric are busy at Whitmore with baby classes and the towns getting itself back to gather cause the heretics are letting people back now.....but we, we needed a break." The witch explained and Nancy listened. "We left this morning.....we'll be in town in about five minutes." Bonnie sighed finally admitting the reason for the call.

"You're gonna be in Storybrooke?" Nancy asked surprised and she could hear Bonnie sigh, "yeah."

"Wait! Valerie's with you?"
"Yeah her and Stefan are kind of a thing now-."
"Yeah Bon Bon we don't wanna know, see you in five." Damon spoke before he took the phone out of Nancy's hand and passed her the drink he ordered her.

"Would you stop taking my phone?" She snapped but he just gave her the 'just drink up' look and she complied.

Her only thoughts now were, 'Stefan and Valerie? I thought he liked Caroline?'

-.-.-.-.-

The pair of vampire's moment of piece was cut of though when they spotted Emma at the bar with Henry then the lights suddenly went out.

"What the hell?" Nancy groaned as she took her phone from her pocket and switched on the torch to help light the cafe a bit more.

Emma's radio suddenly gave a loud static sound followed by David's voice "Emma? Emma come in, I'm getting complaints from all over town about a whole black out." David said and Nancy shared a look with the sherif then Damon.

"You wanna ride along?" Emma asked Henry but the teen just stayed silent, clearly having been bothered by something.

"I'll come with." Damon announced, feeling the urge to prove himself as someone ready to integrate into the town.

"Come on." Emma grabbed his arm as the two left to stand outside the caffe and wait for David and Nancy was left with the teen.

"You alright kid?" She asked but he just turned away from her, slumping like he did for his mother. "Not into talking?" She asked and he remained quiet.

"Come on, I'll walk you home she ordered and he begrudgingly climbed off of the stool he was previously perched on and stormed out away from her.

She swiftly grabbed her jacket and followed him back onto the street. "Look, whatever your mom said, or did- she's only looking out for you Henry....she's busy with taking care of everyone right now and-."
"It's not that mom." He snapped and the vampire stopped in her tracks. She'd been caught up in her whole Regina thing with her storming away after Marian's return but she doubted it was that deep.

"Henry your mom's going through a lot now." She tried to smooth but the angsty teen wasn't having it. "I get that." He snapped and she sighed, "she's hurting....heartbreak and getting passed over sucks, trust me I know......if she's wanting to be alone right now-."