63

The group had been searching for six hours in the caves and along the shore line. And nothing.

Nothing had surfaced.

That was until, inside the tunnels. Muffled voices could be heard echoing off of the cave walls and bouncing up to them from the bottom of a small miner's hole in the cave system.

The downward facing tunnel broadened out on the other side into a small ballroom cave with a suspended water ceiling of dripping stalactites. Small holes in the cliff wall on the adjacent wall though, allowed water to drip into the cave, slowly filling it to where the two trapped inside were now stood with the water up to their chests.

Their feet were dangerously close to floating off of the cave's floor as they struggled to stay afloat.

The group that discovered the echoes voices were Matt, Emma, David and Stefan who were now gathered at the small passageway opening trying to listen out for the voices that penetrated the wall of fallen rocks that blocked that means of escape.

"Henry just hang on! I'm gonna get you out!" They could hear it was Nancy, gargling on the water dripping onto her face as she spoke. "Just keep your head up for me and try and reach for that ledge....like that, good boy."

"This passage is gonna flood." Matt said pointing his flashlight at their feet where water was spilling through the fallen rocks out off the ballroom.

"We have to clear the rocks." David asserted. "You guys start that.....I'll get the others." Stefan patted Matt's arm and the deputy nodded. "She'll be alright Stefan." Matt told him referring to their trapped friend. "I know she will."

-.-.-.-

Henry have one last weak attempt to grip onto the rocks of the ledge and with Nancy's help he managed to pull himself up onto the ledge and out of the slowly rising water

Henry have one last weak attempt to grip onto the rocks of the ledge and with Nancy's help he managed to pull himself up onto the ledge and out of the slowly rising water. A small waterfall cascaded down the rocks like a curtain in front of him so Nancy's still water-trending form was distorted from his view slightly as she swam back towards the opposite wall and began to pull at the rocks blocking the purposefully blocked exit.

"Nancy! Henry!" The voices of none other then David, Matt and Emma began to swim through the wall of rocks into her ears and a moment of relief filled her heart. "Emma! Matt! David! We're here!" She screamed, using her extra supernatural force to leverage the rocks apart.

"Mom! Grandpa!" Henry yelled his hopeful, young voice utterly elated to hear his relatives. "We're here! We're getting you out Hen!" Emma yelled for her desperate son.

"Nancy we're moving the rocks!" Matt yelled to the girl who yelled back, "I'm pulling them off from this side!"
"No! You've gotta move or you'll be sucked out with the rush of water!"

"Alright!" She screamed back instantly swimming towards the ledge to safely cling on near Henry.

The wall began to slowly fall away until a flashlight was poked through and a series of cracks and bangs as something heavy was thrown against the rocks echoed through the cave.

Suddenly the wall of fallen rocks slipped away and Nancy felt a tug of the water suddenly being dragged by gravity out of the cave and through the tight passageway. Henry shouted her name but it was too late, she was sent tumbling out of the cave, past her horrified friends and through the winding cave system until the water suddenly dipped down a slope and towards a blindingly bright cave exit.

On the edge of the cliff.

Nancy was sent tumbling out of the caves and down into the murky sea bellow.

Her body came in harsh contact with many rocks on the way, cuts and bruises blossoming on her skin until her head hit something hard and she blackout.

If it wasn't for her supernatural abilities she would have died.

Then she hit the water and that possibility came back once again.

Her unconscious body slowly slipped further and further down into the darkness of the Storybrooke bay as search parties stampeded onto the cliffs, onlookers utterly mortified.

As her body fell further and further from the surface, Emma, her father and Matt were busy rescuing Henry from the cave ledge and carrying him safely out of the caves. Once they reached the cliff edge everyone was stood stonily quiet as two figures dived into the waves.

The Salvatore brothers.

Elena and Caroline tried to stop them but the two women were held back by Ric and Bonnie who let the boys dive to save their friend.

Damon reached the water first, his body being shocked with the cold as he desperately swam down and down some more. His blue eyes pierced the water, searching for her, ignoring the sting of sea salt and battling the current.

His eyes eventually found her crumpled body on the sea floor and with the last remaining morsels of his energy he swam for her.

He reached her and with one look at Stefan who was also submerged with them watching the ordeal in shock and worry, he lifted the unconscious girl off of the sea floor

Stefan helped support her weight as the three ascended to the surface and together they held her steady until her head was no longer submerged.

The two brothers each took a deep, gulping breath of the much awaited fresh air and could hear the crowd roaring into joyous cheers as they emerged with the girl from the water.

Pulling her body up and onto the peer where she was surrounded by worried faces.

Her chest was not moving, nor was she breathing at all but for a vampire they hopped she would come around soon.

Which she did.

Her eyes opened slowly and painfully as her breath returned, shallow and deep all at once with her chest rising and falling but her mouth only opened a small way- ajar.

"You're alive." Damon breathed in the most thankful voice any of his friends had ever heard. She sat up slowly coughing, holding her head in pain.

"I am." She nodded with a croaky sound in her throat. "Nancy!" Before she was suddenly tackled by Henry who came running and threw himself at her.

"You're both safe." Emma told them hugging them both.