52

Caroline's POV

I was sitting with Ric in one of the Granny's dinner booths when I felt the seat creak beside me under someone's weight. I looked up, peering over the baby-name book to glare at him.

"What hole did you crawl out of?" I quirked an eyebrow and he sent me a sarcastic, brooding smile. Clearly too over my 'bullshit' for one morning.

"Lock-woof is bringing Elena today." He reminded us and Ric's head shot up. "Bonnie's at the library getting the spell book and Deputy Dipshit is at that town line waiting for wolf-boy's text.......Little Gilbert's also en-route." He spoke almost robotically. Like a machine spitting facts of a plan that he felt utterly detached from.

"Have you heard from Stefan of Nancy?" Ric asked and Damon shrugged. "Why would I have? She hates me and Stefan wants nothing to do with me."

"That self-sorry crap is really starting to get old Damon." I told him but he just rolled my eyes. "Hush up baby moma.....I don't believe in hitting pregnant women." Damon snapped at me and I scoffed. "How morally solute of you." I snapped before I pushed him harshly aside and tried to waddle out of the booth. "I promised Ashley I'd be at the baby group for ten.....and you've made me late." I snapped at him before I grabbed my coat and started my way towards the dinner door.

Ric went to get up behind me but he was stopped by a voice, "it's ok Ric, I can help Caroline there.....I'm driving myself and Neal." It was Snow White who arrived behind me.

"Thanks Snow.....you sure you don't want me there?" Ric asked me but I shuck my head. "It's alright.....as much as I hate to admit it- Damon is worrying me.....go watch him.....and get a hold of Stefan." I ordered before I allowed Snow to help my heavily pregnant body shuffle out to her car leaving the boys to talk.

-.-.-.-.-

Damon's POV

"She's right you know.....this is getting kinda old." Ric sighed as he looked down at his coffee. "Save the lecture Ric."
"Where's Stefan?" He asked and I groaned. "Why does it matter?" I tried to keep my calm but my words were still sharp.

"Because he's your brother and you're going through a hard time right now." He spoke rather matter-of-a-factly.

"What do you want me to do? Cry to him about the impending arrival of our comatose shared ex who I stole from him?"
"I was gonna say confide in him- but I guess you're right.....the fact that him and Nancy are speaking to each other is probably not the best for you either is it? Those two were always better friends then the two of you were." Ric was clearly trying to get me to rise and tell him my true feelings but I wouldn't give him or Caroline the satisfaction. I'd lost Nancy.

They all knew that.

"I'm gonna go wait with the deputy- god knows he's more insufferable then you my ex-drinking buddy." I spat at him before I tossed Caroline's discarded book at him then jumped up from the booth.

"Damon I-."

But I didn't hear the rest.

-.-.-.-.-.-