75

Flashback- Graduation day for Caroline, Elena, Matt, Bonnie, Tyler and Stefan. (When the dead people were once again walking around mystic falls.)

Shot through the heart! And you're you to blame! You give love, a bad name!

"Bon Jovi. I couldn't of guessed." Nancy drawled as she strutted into the boarding house's lounge a bored expression set over her features as she gazed upon Stefan who was slumped drunkenly into one of the leather couches. Then her have shifted to fall upon her once dead- now temporarily-re-animated friend Lexi- and a small smile played at her lips.

"You two always were frozen in the nineties." She joked as the blonde momentarily stopped her dancing on Damon's favourite coffee table to smile back at the tanned girl in the doorway.

"Hey Nan."
"Hi lex." The brunette smiled back her voice breaking as much as her heart as she realised this visit was only to be a short lived one.

"You been looking after the idiots for me?" The blonde quizzed as she stepped down slowly from the table and approached the other woman. "Off course I have lex- who else is gonna do that job?"

"Elena?" Lexi replied with a wickedly worn smirk. "Too soon." Stefan grumbled from his position still on the couch. "Suck it up buttercup." Nancy smirked back before she and the blonde collapsed into a hug.

"God I miss you Lex." Nancy mumbled into her dead friend's shoulder. And for once her dead friend mumbled back. "I've missed you too Nan. Now stop being a sap and help me cheer up ripper boy."

The two separated and with a smile shared they tuned back to the younger Salvatore on the couch.

-.-.-.-.-

Stefan was drunk- despite it being like his 100th graduation. Tyler was banished despite it being his high school graduation. Matt was busy stuck to an explosive platform- despite it being his high school graduation. Caroline was being chased by vengeful hybrids and Bonnie.....Bonnie was dead.

But no one knew.

Elena was busy spending time with a dead Alaric and Jeremy while also worrying more about Damon then her own friends and in the midst of it all,
Nancy was alone.

She had spent much of her life like this. Hiding and praying not to be found. On her fathers ship, on the harbour in the enchanted forested, on Neverland and in the woods of mystic falls when she was young. But she had grown up right? Grown out of that habitual way of existence.

Wrong.

There she sat perched at her window in the boarding house. Hiding from the world by the open window. An ironic position as she was aware. Watching and listening to the house and the ground around it.

Until she heard something that broke her heart.

"Damon if you don't take the cure you'll die!"

That was Elena's voice.

Then came Damon's own. "I don't want it."

"It's werewolf venom Damon!" That was Elena again.

Damon was shot by Vaughn. Nancy didn't think it was that serious.

And yet here they were. He was refusing the cure.

Nancy, on pure instinct and adrenaline sped through the house her spot at her window; now left an empty nest.

"Damon Giuseppe Salvatore take the damn cure, right the hell now or so help me god I'll pin you down and force feed you it myself."