29

When Damon and Nancy reached Emma and Killian they received rather surprising hugs from the two. "Everything ok?" Nancy asked rather taken aback by the hug. "We were worried when you weren't here yet." Her father admitted and she nodded.

"Well we ran into the Queen." Damon told them and Emma gave a worried face as Killian face palmed his hook.

"She asked us where we were going, we said we were meeting my parents at the edge of the forest and then she asked if we knew Snow White." Nancy relayed and Damon scoffed, "then you told her we would be  at the ball."

"You wha-."

"As you shall be." The dark one suddenly materialised beside Nancy who jumped in surprise. "As you." He pointed at Emma. "Just said....I don't like leaving things to chance."

So he suddenly created an invitation in husband and the four all stared at him in shock. "Make sure she gets the ring." He commanded and then they all went to move again.

"Not like that!"
"What?" Emma asked confused before he wafted his arm and they could all feel themselves changing.

Nancy looked down and she was in a grey and black dress with a golden and black cardigan and a tule skirt with a tight bodice.

She looked up to see Emma Abs her father looking in a mirror with different faces staring back- her and Damon seemed normal.

"Now go."

-.-.-.-.-.-

Stepping into Midas' ballroom was a grand affair with high ecclesiastical-esk ceilings and grand gold patterning on every wall. Ornate fixtures and mountainous piles of gifts and bountiful tables worth of food and drink.

Nancy held Damon's arm as they gazed around the royal hall in awe. They'd both been to their own fair shares of balls but never one this extravagant or for royalty.

"Hello." Came a voice, "and who am I greeting?" This must have been king Midas.

"I'm.....Prince.." he father started to struggle for a name. "Charles." Emma finished for him, "and I'm princes Leia." She finished and behind her Nancy tried not to laugh. "And who's this with you?"

"My daughter sister." The Captain said quickly realising they didn't look like father and daughter with both of their stunted ages being between twenty five and thirty five, "princess Caroline." She replied for him curtsying slightly at the King before them and he smiled. "Your husband?" He asked towards Damon, "courting only I'm afraid." Damon joked and she wanted to hug him in that moment but refrained despite the smirk on his lips.

"Prince Stefan." He said shaking the man's hand. For them it was easier to lie they'd had plenty practice.

"Well announce princes Charles and Stefan and their princesses Leia and Caroline." He turned to a Porter before he too disappeared into the crowd.

"Your first royal ball." Killian said to Emma and she hummed in response. "We're gonna go dance." Nancy said before she lead Damon away fo give her father more alone time. She wanted him to be happy, so convincing Emma to stay in Storybrooke meant he could be with her.

"They're getting awfully cosy." Damon commented and she nodded, "I want him happy."
"What about you? What are you gonna do?" He asked her.

"Probably stay. What about you and your waiting period for Elena?" She asked as he span her onto the dance floor then gracefully back into his chest- like she belonged there.

"I'm not waiting." He admitted. "She doesn't want me when she wakes up.....you were right.....I should move on." He sighed and as the music slowed around them to a short waltz she raised a hand to his cheek and nodded. "You'll be ok Damon."

"What do I do now? Stefan's in Mystic Falls, You're here, Alaric's about to be a father......everyone else has somewhere where their needed." He sighed.
"Stay with me.....stay in Storybrooke, if you want too, after all.....you're technically in the book now." She teased and he chuckled. "Come on." He grabbed her hand and before they could make for the door to follow Emma and Killian out, they were stopped as the doors were thrown open an in stepped Regina.

The evil Queen.

She scoured the room with her eyes hard set until they fell upon King Midas. "Your highness, it's an honour to have you come and honour my daughter." He bowed.

She had a king bowing to her.

The Queen returned his sentiments with a cool nod and looked back around the room. "A pleasure." She replied.

"Well don't halt your festivities....oh, and I brought a few friends." Then the dark knights marched in and all of the guests nervously resumed their dancing and now awkward chatter.

"Ah, Caroline, Stefan." Came the queen's cool voice as she stepped up behind them. "Your highness." Nancy gritted her teeth and slowly turned with a smile on her face. "Glad you both made it alright."

"Thank you." 'Stefan' bowed and the Queen smiled. "I'll see you around then." And away she walked that same sickly smile on her face that managed to turn even the ex-cruelest vampires' stomachs.

"We've gotta find those two." She said and he nodded before grasping her hand and dragging her with him towards the door to the towers.