41

It had been a few days since the fight in the forest and it had come to light that the Snow witch not only knew Emma but had known her since before she even came to Storybrooke.

Nancy and Damon had began to settle nicely into their new found 'relationship' but with all the fights and the chaos going on it was hard for them to properly spend anytime together other then the odd heated make out session or laying in bed together staring at the ceiling into the wee hours.

Bonnie had acclimatised well and was now passing her days in t he library or Gold's shop with Belle and Valerie looking through old spell books. Stefan had taken to staying at his brother's apartment and doing odd jobs on the ships around the harbour with Enzo when they weren't helping track down the evil snow Queen and Matt had officially joined Emma and David as a temporary sheriff's deputy.

Nancy had noticed her father had been acting weird since his date with Emma- he'd been skulking around town and had been seen with Mr Gold more then once- worrying his daughter and forcing her to start stalking him with Damon on the days when they weren't out fighting for the town.

They all seemed to be well suited to Storybrooke and all began to find it rather nice- leaving all the chaos and supernatural drama back in Mystic Falls.

Bonnie and Nancy had been in constant contact with Caroline back home who'd even been pondering the idea of a visit before she and Ric had the twins.

Nancy knew Caroline and Ric were probably lonely without them all and by now she was hoping the battle would end so they could take the wall down and be reunited with the pair and meet the new babies.

One night, Matt was working late with Emma and Elsa was with them, the two women pouring over old files of the town's populace and books from the library that Bonnie and Belle had uncovered.

Emma glanced over at Matt's desk for a second before calling out. "Matt, that book beside you....what's it say?" The Donovan boy gave a confused head tilt to read the cover of the old leather-bound book but couldn't decipher the title.

"Items written in weird symbols." He shrugged. Elsa moved around the desks coming to stand behind him and she gasped, "it's an Arendell history book."

Matt passed it over and then he moved out of his desk and over to stand behind Emma, the three flipped through the book until they landed on a page of a family tree.....but not any family tree.

A royal one.

On the tree there was a line towards four sisters. The eldest was called Ingrid and to all of their shock- it was the Ice Queen.

Then there was Hilda, another blonde who bore a striking resemblance to Emma, then there was another woman- she red-haired and fair skinned, her and her two older sisters held some similarities but she looked different with her darker hair.

But then there was a fourth- above the redhead, third of t her four sisters. She was a woman with dark raven hair like Damon's and steal blue-eyes like both him and his brother- like her sisters.

She was a face that shocked Matt and Emma- because they knew this woman.

It was Lily Salvatore.

-.-.-.-

"So what, Lily was a princess?!" Nancy asked with a shocked face to match her bewildered voice. She, Stefan, Damon, Emma, her parents, Elsa and Nancy's father, along with Matt, Bonnie, Enzo and Valerie were gathered around the sheriff's office with various expressions of disbelief and shock.

"That's Lily." Stefan asserted pointing down at the image of his mother, younger looking, but the same. "She was the daughter of a mill owner- not a king." Damon tried to protest but his brother stared at him. "Ingrid knew us, she said we looked like 'her' Damon!"

"But if that's Lily why didn't she try and go home when she turned and ran from your father?" Valerie spoke up making both brothers look down in a moment of grief mingled anger.

Stefan missed Lily, he felt loss for her- where as Damon was still beyond angry at her still. He felt he would always resent her.

"Lily never did like coming back to messes she made." Damon mumbled darkly. "So she knows Emma and she knows Elsa- but how does she know you?" Charming spoke and they all gave shakes of their heads.

"If she knew Emma when she was what thirteen?" Nancy asked the blonde who nodded. "She would have been here in the 1990s.....we were in the US moving around the country then....so maybe we met her along the way-."

The Stefan cut off his brother's girlfriend, "and made us forget."
"What do we do about this?" Elsa pondered aloud and they were all lost for words.

"We figure out what she wants with you and we stop her." David asserted and so it was- they needed a way to defeat the ice Queen.

-.-.-.-.-

"So I guess this makes you two Princes huh?" Nancy spoke gently as she leaned in the doorway to the kitchen behind her friends. Damon, who was sitting in an armchair looking rather thoughtful gave a small grunt of recognition while Stefan gave a snort into his glass of bourbon.

"That's not us......it's not who Lily Salvatore was- a princess.....maybe in another lifetime, but not in ours." The elder of the two spoke. "I guess we know where Damon's royalty complex comes from." Bonnie attempted a joke to lighten the mood- but it didn't.

Both boys had been through such difficulties about their parents and the relationships they'd had with each and now- yet again- their perception of their mother had been distorted. Having Lily (or Liliana as the book had read) Salvatore as a mother was like living in a fun house hall of mirrors. It was disorienting and dangerous in some ways.

"Are you two ok?" Nancy asked sitting down on Damon's lap where he pulled her to sit. She  leaned back against the chair and he buried his head in her neck and chest.

"We just found out you're not the only one of our group who hails from the enchanted forest- what do you think?" Stefan snapped rather uncharacteristically and she sighed

"I think you shouldn't let this get to you too much- I'm sure it'll mean nothing." Bonnie tried to assure the brothers but neither of them was totally ready to face this head on- not just yet.

"Hey at least neither of you inherited ice powers...that's a plus." Matt tried too to cheer them up. "We have a fairytale princess for a cousin." Damon sighed and Nancy hit his arm- "and you she a fairytale pirate for a girlfriend so hush." She snapped and he chuckled.

Bonnie suddenly latched onto t word. "Girlfriend?!"
"Surprise?" Nancy sighed and the Bennett witch threw a pillow in her direction. "Bitch you didn't tell me!"

Damon caught the pillow and the room suddenly erupted into a war of pillow's being thrown.

Enzo grabbed Bonnie and used her as a human shield as Nancy and Matt ducked behind a sofa, Valerie bewitched a flurry of pillows to attack Stefan and the two brothers pelted their friends with the decorative pillows.

In that moment- the seven stunted-age young adults felt complete in their mundane minutes of piece. No supernatural drama, no deadly adversaries and  no loss or grief.