8

(Changed Victoria's name to Nancy. What do yall think?)

"Can we help you?" Nancy snapped as she spotted the tall, dark skinned man who followed Lily Salvatore around like a silent bodyguard. She thought his name could be Boe or something along those lines but it didn't cross her mind to give the man the curtesy of caring.

He remained silent, moving over to allow her and Emma access to the door before holding out his hand with two black envelopes in it's grasp. "What's this? An explosive?" She snapped but he simply walked away leaving the envelopes in her hand and disappearing down the street.

"Weirdo." Emma muttered but the brunette's face was now set in a dark scowl. "What is it?" Emma asked and the girl grudgingly handed over one of the envelopes. "Lily's throwing a party."

"Are you going?"
"Hell no."

-.-.-.-.-.-

"Nancy." Damon Salvatore stepped into the room behind his old friend with slightly apprehensive expression, having realised that approaching her was only making her more distant. "Damon I'm not in the mood." She snapped, not bothering to turn and face him, merely staying where she was on the coach, nursing her glass of wine worth a pensive scowl. She had no time for him right now.

"I'm not here to try and force you to speak to me.....it's Stef-." He began but she wasn't about to listen to another excuse.

"Don't you dare use my care for your brother as an excuse!" She snapped with a dangerously low voice, leaning back with menacing calm as she nursed the glass.

"I'm not, Nance....he's trying to kill Julian." He reasoned.
"And? You're plotting to do it too." Again she didn't turn.
"Later.....not right now, he's too strong, too protected......Stefan can't do this alone." Damon sounded almost worried- like a brother who actually cared. As if he actually does. She thought to herself.

"So help him." She snapped coldly, still keeping her back to him. "Julian is double our age, Nance. He's gonna get himself killed and he won't tell me why he's so hell bent on doing this."

"Maybe he doesn't want to....maybe people don't like telling you things Damon." She snapped at him and he rolled his eyes, "so that's what your indifference is all about? You're still mad at me?" He assumed and she growled a laugh under her breath, finally turning to glare at him. "You think I don't care?.....have you seen she shit I'm putting up with right now? Your trouble with being a shitty brother is at the bottom of my worry list right now." She growled, "Do you realise how big headed you are, assuming everything is about you?"

"Nance I don't know what I did." He said and she laughed bitterly. "I gathered that...other wise you'd be very sorry.....then again you and your apologies are infamously bad so, maybe I'm wrong about that too." She pondered falsely.

"Nance, I'm serious....I'm worried about Stef."
"Why don't I believe you?" She asked coolly.

"What does that mean?" He asked incredulously

"What does that mean?" He asked incredulously. "It's pretty damn obvious Damon. You're not exactly waiting in line for the 'brother of the year award'." She snapped and he gave her a head look.

"Look, Nance you know what your problem is?"
"Oh please tell me." She begged mockingly, with sarcasm dripping at every word.

"You don't listen....you jump to conclusions, or just don't hear the big problem...so stuck inside your own head." He snapped and then he realised he had pushed too far, once again.

"You're a prick Damon Salvatore." She snapped through a tearfully angry voice. "Nance.....Nancy....I'm sorry.....that was wrong......and...and I'm sorry for whatever I did to piss you off, but I need your help stopping Stefan....before he gets himself staked by our mother's crazy boyfriend......I know you're mad right now but you know I'm right about this......I know you more not gonna help me.....but at least help Stefan." He begged but then he realised that trying to talk to her was a bad idea. He decided to leave her stewing in the drawing room, praying she'd come around to helping him.

-.-.-.-.-
Later that evening, Nancy had realised she needed to help Damon, no matter how much she wanted to kill him right now....she loved him and his brother and if either of them got hurt tonight, it'd kill her.

She got ready in a black dress and some heels and waited for her father and Emma to get ready.

She went to check on Emma but the woman was on the phone when she arrived in the room's open doorway.

The blonde was pacing, the phone held close to her ear.

"Is Mary-Margaret ok?" Emma asked into the phone to someone as Nancy came into the room behind her. "She's fine....just worried you won't be back in time for the baby." Said the woman on the other line. "I'll be there.....I just gotta let Hook have a little more time, I don't know if he'll stay but.....his daughter won't wanna leave....she has a whole life here...people who need her."

"You don't want him to stay there do you?" Nancy heard the woman ask on the other line, a perceptive tone in her voice. "You two kissed on Neverland and you've been reeling from it ever since."
"Regina I-." The blonde tried to argue as Nancy stood wide-eyed in the doorway.
"Don't try and lie to me or yourself Miss Swan...I know love when I see it." The woman's voice spoke again as Nancy stood absorbing the new information.

Her father and Emma were romantically involved, and even if she was still mad at him, she realised in that moment, she didn't want to loose him again.....but if Emma was his chance at happiness, she didn't want to stand in the way.

Realising she was probably eavesdropping for too long and should probably leave, she moved out of the room swiftly and silently, slipping into the hallway of the Lockwood house to wait for the others.

Her father had been getting changed as was Emma in her own room as Damon had already left and Stefan was waiting for them all downstairs.

She moved down the stairs and met the younger Salvatore in the sitting room. "You going tonight?" She asked him bluntly and he friend to face her.

Eyeing the older girl with a slightly worried expression before he stood up, and looked over her outfit- it appeared she was.

"Yeah....I thought you weren't." He said slightly confused. "I said I wouldn't....but knowing your idiot brother he'll probably manage to do something stupid and piss off your mom." She explained her excuse for going- even if it was a lie.

"I thought you two were fighting?"
"We are.....he just doesn't realise that I actually give a shit about him so he assumes he can go get himself killed again and I'm not going to do anything to stop him." She said and he nodded.

"Your father and Emma coming with you?"
"Yeah....they're getting ready." She nodded with a head motion upstairs.

"I'll wait with you."
"Thanks Stef....I'm sorry you're caught up in the middle of me and Damon......and I'm sorry about the whole Caroline having vervain skin thing." She apologised for things that weren't her fault. Typical Nancy.

"It's ok....it just feels like the universe is telling us not to be together."
"Don't listen...the universe is a prick." She joked and he laughed.

"Who's a prick?" Came Emma's voice as the two Storybrookers came into the room. "Doesn't matter....you ready to go?"
"Yes Love." Her father replied and she smiled.

Off they went, headed for a night of horrors at the boarding house.