14

Storybrooke.

That evening, Nancy woke from her short nap and climbed out of Emma's cramped car to stretch her limbs as they reached the middle of town. Her arm was fully healed after only a ten minute drive but she was sore and tired.

"You can sleep here tonight then we'll take you to your dad's boat in the morning." Emma said and Nancy smiled in thanks. "Thanks....if I'm staying for a while I might look at apartments though." She said and her father and Emma smiled.

Killian gave her shoulder a slight squeeze as he kissed her head and reached into the trunk for her duffel bag. "Need anything else?" Emma asked before she locked the car. "That'll be ok for the night." The girl replied.

Her jacket was currently full of mud so she shrugged it off and tossed it back in the car to be cleaned later.

"Mary-Margaret and David said they'd meet us at the dinner." Emma told the captain who nodded. "Here I'll take the lass' bag and ours up...you go meet your parents." The captain nodded at the two women and they both smiled back at him.

Nancy kissed her fathers cheek and Emma gave him a tight- almost reserved- smile then the two began to walk down the street towards the 'dinner' Emma had mentioned.

It was only six in the evening but it being a late November day- was rather dark out already. The two walked in comfortable silence through the main streets of the quaint little town, until Nancy spoke, breaking the tranquil night air.

"Thank you Emma."
"For what?" The blonde woman replied with a confused face as they turned that final corner.

"Letting me come with you......getting me away for a while, I need it." The girl admitted and Emma smiled. "I know you do.....don't worry about it.....the town is crazy-."
"And full of flying monkeys." Nancy interjected and the two chuckled. "But it's home." Emma continued.

"My dad likes you you know." Nancy revealed and Emma joked back a shocked gasp within a cough. "Y......you.....You think so?" Emma asked unable to hide the small smile she subconsciously had on her face and the brunette nodded. "He cares about you, and that's not common from him."

"Glad to know I make the cut." Emma joked and she smiled. "Same, I like you. You seem good for him."

-.-.-.-.-.-

After their little heart to heart the two women arrived at a small café with a neon sign that read "Granny's dinner." And headed inside to the cosy looking establishment. Emma gave a smile and a wave to the old woman and the young woman at the bench then she looked around the booths for her family.

She tapped Nancy's arm as she spotted her grinning son, parents and friend Regina in a booth.

Nancy faced the four new people with an awkward smile. There was a tall, fair-haired handsome man with a faint scar on his chin, a petite woman with dark hair and kind green eyes, her belly was rather large under the loose dress and Nancy guessed this was Emma's pregnant mother- Snow White. The third person she saw was a slim, dark-hired woman with a stern face yet her smile upon Emma's arrival seemed genuine. Finally there was a little boy no older then eleven or twelve with fluffy dark hair and a familiar face.

This must be Henry- he was the double of his father, Nancy's old friend- Baelfire.

"Emma!" Mary-Margaret/Snow white was the first to notice her daughter whom she had missed immensely in the past few weeks.

Nancy looked over noticing the heavily pregnant woman as she climbed from the booth beside her husband to hug the blonde. "Hi mom." Emma greeted making the woman smile.

She was pretty with short cut black hair and a kind, round face. She gave her daughter a tight but gentle embrace as the blonde commented on her bulging baby bump. "You really are far along.....glad we didn't miss it." Emma had commented. Then Snow White turned on the other woman. "You must be Nancy." She said without a hint of malice- only welcoming kindness.

"Yeah, hi.....congratulations." Nancy awkwardly greeted pointing at the woman's stomach. The ex-princess smiled and gave a soft chuckle then, catching Nancy off guard, pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm Mary-Margaret.....our you can call me Snow, which-ever you prefer."
"Ok, thanks.....Snow......it's nice to meet you."
"You too." The woman smiled.

She and Emma both took a seat in the booth. Snow slid back in beside her husband as Emma took a seat beside the little boy opposite Snow.

The boy's face lit up at the girl beside his returned mother. "you're her! You're the Little Star from Peter Pan." The boy said in awe as he looked her up and down but before she could reply he spoke again.

"You knew my dad!"
"Yeah, yeah I knew Bae.....you must be Henry." She said kindly to the boy. She pulled up a seat and sat down on the end of the table as Henry began to pour out how much he had loved her in the Peter Pan story and then he told her all about his time in Neverland and she listened intently.

She had Left room on the side of the booth beside Emma for her father but the little boy didn't care about talking, quiet literally, over the adults.

"Where's the pirate?" The man beside Snow spoke up as he leaned away from hugging Emma over the table. "Putting the bags back at the apartment." Emma replied and he nodded.

"David." He introduced himself to Nancy and she smiled shaking his extended hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Nancy."
"You're not at all what we imagined." The dark haired woman spoke finally as she turned to face Nancy.

"That's Regina." Snow pointed at the dark haired woman between David and Henry in the middle of the booth. "A pleasure." The woman beat Nancy to a hello. "Hi."

She seemed rather cold but Nancy understood, she too didn't like meeting new people either. Before her mind could drift again to her home in Mystic Falls and her friends she had left behind, she was interrupted mid-thought by Henry speaking again.

"She's my other mom." Henry said and Nancy nodded slightly confused but didn't care.

The old woman from behind the till came and took their drink orders then the door opens to the dinner once again and in came the Captain.

He patted Nancy's back as he sat down and gave everyone a greeting nod.

"Welcome back Captain." Snow said and he smiled, "thank you your highness." He replied.
"A drink Hook?" David asked and the pirate gave a nod. "Why not?"

And soon they all fell into a comfortable lull of the evening and enjoyed a chaos free dinner in honour of their newcomer.