72

Apologies for the overly long hiatus on this and the rest of my books. I've had a hectic past few months, moving house with my family, then moving across the country for university and then learning how to live alone. Thanks for the continued reading.......now, I know i've ignored the whole magic coma thing with Emma's parents but fuck it.....who cares.....right? now... back to the story:

Killian was back, he was safe and home with Emma where he belonged. She'd gotten his message and she'd found him.....

And now, even after just falling through a magical portal, bleeding and broken....he was on one knee.

"...so Emma Swan, what do you say? Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

Killian had done it. He'd survived Neverland, again, and he'd come home to her. And now he was asking her to marry him. Emma's heart was so full in that moment. Her mother was hugging her fiancé, her father was shaking his hand and her son was barrelling into both of their chests. She had her family here, complete. All but her soon-to-be stepdaughter who was missing from the dinner full of family and friends.

"Oh my god! Emma!" Snow White was screaming in excitement for what felt like the hundreth time since the proposal at the Charmings' appartment. Her mother's eyes were watering and now that mma was allowing herself to fully embrace this moment, there were tears in her eyes too.

All was bliss for the family.

Snow and David held their son as their grandson was stood hugged into David's side. Their daughter was stood with her fiancé at grannies counter a glass of champagne each and smiles permanent on their lips. Everything was perfect.

Emma had grown up with no family, no safe space to call home and no security in herself or the transient people who passes in and out of her life. Some days in her younger years she would daydream of a life @like this- with loving and devoted parents, an incrediable child of her own, friends who she would die for and they for her and a soul mate to share it all with- and now that dream was a reality.

Just like in the Fairytales.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Nancy was frozen on the spot.

The blood slowed like an iced-over river in her veins; her mind was suddenly flooded with dark, suffocating memories and her heart was contriscting in behind her ribs like some deadly sea urchin had slithered into her chest and coiled around her only human organ. She was numb yet her head throat felt like they were burning all at the same time. She was sinking deeper and deeper as her eyes remained strained on the one face she hoped and prayed she'd never see again.

"Katherine." She spat out indignantly. "How the hell are you here?"
"In town or in your adorable little abomination of a cottage?" The sinisterly grinning woman spoke back to her, the smirk behind her words giving them a sickly, poisonus edge.
"Both." Nancy replied through gritted teeth.
"An old friend." Katherine shrugged, "she's quite an expert at dark magic....namely raising the dead like me to torment the, somehow, still living like you." Katherine drawled, her usually sardonic pattern of speech seeping into every spite-filled word. "You really think you being here is scaring me katherine? That's pathetic, even from you....you can threaten me all you want, but when you threaten my home, and my family....you should know by now I'm prepared to hunt you down and send you straight back to where you belong......hell."

"It's cute how brave you think you are." Katherine mocked moving slowly around the younger woman's kitchen island. A snake slithering across the freezing tiles.
"How brave I think I am? Well I don't have to think very hard to know that  I'm braver then the girl who ran away from the big bad original for over three centuries." Nancy sneared back, reaching discreetly behind herself to grab a kitchen kife out of the nearby block. Hiding the blade behind her back as she held herself agaisnt the counter.

"Running away? Is that not what you did coming here to get away from your pathetic little relationship drama with Damon?"
"Don't bring him into this Katherine.....you know it's all your fault, everything always is." Nancy snapped back, once again moving further away from the other brunette who stalked towards her.
"My fault you've never had a boyfriend?" Katherine mocked and nancy rolled her eyes.
"I've had less then you, sure, but at least I didn't need to compel them."

"Have you learned nothing, Little Star, I always get what I want....and right now, what I want......Is your head on a fucking spike."

And like that Katherine launched herself across the island, towards the living girl. A wooden stake being pulled from the queen of hell's pocket as she body slammed the ex-pirate girl into the kitchen counter. Their bodies colliding and falling unceremniously onto her kitchen floor.

"Ahhhhh!" Nancy yanked a handful of Katherine's chocolate-brown curls and tugged them back as hard as she could, the weaker of the two crying out as she straddled the vampiress. Reflexely Katherine threw down a punch into the younger girl's face. The stake was now dangerously close to Nancy's stomach making her wince as the girl ontop of her applied deadly, yet slowly failing pressure. She knew she was stronger then Katherine now, after all Katherine was human and only recently raised from the dead....but here she had the upper hand.

As Katherine continued to push and push with her deadly wooden weapon, the younger brunette reached up and yet again began to try and pry the stake off of her. The kitchen knife Nancy had been clutching for protection was now discarded on the ground a few inches too far from her head for her to reach with ease and little to no movement. Katherine continued to growl and smirk down at her as she desperetly struggled against her attacker.

"You're gonna die...here on your stupid little kitchen floor, in your ridiculous little kitchen and those two boys who you continue to fawn over are never gonna know just how desperate you really are."

The stake was now slowly piercing into her flesh, just below the left side of her ribs as she cried out in agony. White hot pain spreading down her stomach and up into her chest, squeezing her heart. As it sank deeper and deeper, the sickly burning tatse of copper began to spread across the back of her throat. Then she was cpugh, spluttering and screaming. That frozen river that was once her blood in her veins had thawed and was replaced with a white hot stream of lava. Claret ribbons began to stem from her stomach and her mouth as Katherine cackled evilly from above the injured vampire. All of her strength was leaving her like her blood but she refused to die. Not here, not now.

She couldn't do that to her papa, to her friends, her goddaughters. She refused to give up.

So she pushed and she pushed hard. Kicking Katherine hard in the ribs, sending the older woman flying across the kitchen with the force of the vampiress' kick. Her fragile, human bones cracking as the Vampire stumbled to her feet glaring at Katherine's now crumpled body.

"Give me one reason to not run you through, right here, right now." Nancy spat the knife retrieved and in her hand and the stake still portruding from her stomach.

"You're too weak to really finish me off."

"She's not worth it." A voice behind Nancy added and the girl snapped around to look at the second intruder.

Matt was stood, gun in hand and a stony look on his usually youthful face.

Then he pulled the trigger and Katherine slumped unceremoniouly agaianst the counter. Dead, again.

For now.

This fight scene below is how I see Katherine and Nancy's fight here. Hope you enjoyed. Thanks again x