1

(No dialogue will be the same from either show. Also, Damon and Elena broke up in her mind after she fell into the magic coma. Starts TVD season 7 and OUAT season 3- also have changed my protagonist's name from Victoria to Nancy for those who may be confused.)

2014 - Amsterdam- evening (Ik not the same year as the show, the summer after Ric and Jo's tragic wedding- I've changed it to fit with the OUAT time.)

"Nancy!" Damon yelled from outside the hotel-room door to his friend who was hurrying to get dressed and leave before they ran into Bonnie again. "We gotta go!"

Damon Salvatore had known Nancy Lockwood (Jones) since they were both 15, they had grown up together in Mystic Falls until he went away to war when they were both 24.

He had returned to find her being pushed out by his brother's new love interest, Katherine Pierce but he still tried to reach out to her, however their friendship and any chance of becoming more, were strained.

On that fateful night back in 1864, Nancy had followed him blindly into the woods to help rescue Katherine, unbeknownst to their impending fate. The two of them helped Stefan rescue Katherine, but were foiled and killed by the brothers' father, Giuseppe Salvatore.

The three had become Vampires and had stayed together through the years, including when Damon and Nancy went into Augustine and were tortured for half a decade. The two just became closer until they eventually settled back home in Mystic Falls together.

"Nance! Come on!" Damon had roped his grieving best friend Alaric into going with him on a binge through Europe to held numb their collective pain over the loss of Alaric's fiancée and unborn babies at his wedding and Damon's sudden loss of and break up with Elena.

She had fallen into a magically induced coma for the next 60-70 years and she knew, even if he didn't that he couldn't handle that amount of time alone, so she let him go, not wanting him to wait and wanting to start afresh when she woke in a world void of her best friend Bonnie.

Speaking of Bonnie, Nancy grown close to the Bennett witch when she moved back to Mystic Falls with the brothers. Having known Emily Bennett she had immediately agreed to help the teenager and her 'simple' as Damon called them, friends.

With Jo and Elena gone, Alaric and Damon were both an utter reck. Bonnie had forced Nancy to join her and the two friends in Europe to help her keep an eye on them.

Nancy was desperate to get her friend back but due to Damon's stubbornness she knew it was gonna be a hard task.

The group were currently in Amsterdam where Ric and Damon were drinking their way through the city and Bonnie had ditched Victoria to babysit while she went off sight seeing after a fight with Damon over him saving her life earlier that day.

He had apparently hesitated in doing so as he thought about just letting her get hit by the van and bringing Elena back. But Nancy knew he would never be so selfish. She just needed to show the witch that.

Damon was grieving right now, even if his loss wasn't as great as Alaric's, the two were leaning on one another and she knew that that break away to drink and party was a coping mechanism that she just had to help control.

She sighed as she finished getting ready and slipped out of her's and Bonnie's shared hotel room, "do you really think a night of partying is gonna help you after a day of day drinking?" She asked as she leaned against the wall watching a slightly tipsy Damon glare up at her. "Hey you came to help me grieve.....so shut up and let me grieve." He slurred and she rolled her eyes.

"Where's Ric?"
"Passed out in our room, human tolerance has him weak."
"What a great friend you are." She muttered bitterly, growing rather tired of baby sitting the drunken idiot through his mourning period.