15

A few days later, it was early in the morning when Nancy's phone woke her by buzzing itself off of the desk in her cabin

A few days later, it was early in the morning when Nancy's phone woke her by buzzing itself off of the desk in her cabin. The room of her father's boat that was once hers was filled with a dim sliver of daylight through the thin curtains while the rather outlandish and alien-looking device vibrated on the floor.

Nancy she woke with a sudden jolt, hearing the familiar sound in such unfamiliar surroundings was at first jarring but she became aware of what was happening.

It had been strange at first when she stepped back onto the familiar old vessel but upon sleeping in her old bed- she instantly felt at home sleeping on the anchored sea bay.

Her room was exactly as she had left it all those years ago. She could still see out of her old port-side windows and could still touch the original oil lamps and wooden fixtures of her room.

Her mahogany desk and old bedspread were clean and untarnished by time and she had felt where she belonged for t first time in a long time.

With a groan she leaned a hand down to fish her still flailing phone from the floor to stop it's incessant ringing.

When she finally managed to retrieve the device she switched the screen on to find five missed calls and about thirty texts from Caroline.

Another call had just been missed and added to the tally and so she gave a slight sigh and redialled the blonde's number.

She's been avoiding any calls or messages from Mystic falls- not wanting to be dragged back by anyone's words but not wanting to face Caroline's wrath later- she gave in.

She sighed into her pillow as she sat up and nestled herself against the wooden headboard, the phone against her ear.

One ring.
Two rings
Three rings.

"Nancy Marina Lockwood!"
"Hey Care." She tried not to groan into the receiver.

"Hey?! Hey? Is that all you have to say? I've been calling you for hours!" The blonde was clearly distressed and the brunette could just picture her pacing her dorm room right now or sitting tugging at her cuticles in nervous anguish.

"What's up Care?" She sighed- having become accustomed to the blonde's antics.

"Stefan is a ignoring his brother and still hellbent of murdering Julian, Lily is dead and her raging psycho ex-boyfriend is on the loose, Bonnie is shutting everyone out again, Matt's playing the dumb hero, Alaric's been dragged into Valarie's crazy bullshit, Valarie is still around! Damon is a mess......and I might be pregnant." The blonde listed off a quick fire round of their groups problems but one stood out.

"Jesus care......look I......wait do you say you were-."
"Pregnant Nancy.....i might be pregnancy."

"You're what? How?.....Caroline you're a vampire!" The skeptical brunette was now sitting bike up-right on her mattress. There was no way Caroline Forbes- vampire- was pregnant.