64

"Where's my papa?" Nancy asked as a towel was placed over her shoulder and she was pulled into a side hug by Ric. She looked to David who shuck his head in an apologetic gesture. "We still haven't located him.....or the ship."

"The jolly Rodger." She mumbled a mumbling feeling of worry washing over her. "Blackbeard must still have him."
"The old pirate from smugglers cove?" David asked and the girl adamantly nodded her head. "Your father sailed with him once.....with James."

At the mention of his adopted father and long dead twin brother David stiffened slightly but breathed out slowly. "We'll find him don't worry Nancy, it's what we do."

"They can't have gotten far out of the town's area, and the bay is only small so they must have anchored just off the coast." She said a determined look on her soaked features.

She was shivering slightly, not because she was cold- but because she was full of worried adrenaline.

"You should rest, you and Henry have had quite the ordeal." Blue spoke up from the hushed crowd nodding at the two but the ex-pirate shuck her head. "No I'm helping you to find him."

"Nance maybe mother superior is right." Tyler tried to reason but she shuck Ric's arm off and glared at the werewolf in question. "I'm not some broken little China doll Tyler- my papa is out there with that monster of a man and I'm not gonna wait here idly when I could be out helping him."

"And that's why I brought this." Stefan suddenly spoke behind her and before she could turn with a confused expression, he had already buried a needle of concentrated vervain into her neck and pressed down on the pushing part of the syringe.

Ric and Matt caught the collapsing girl before she blacked out and fell away into a dreamless sleep, peacefully sinking into their hold, light as a feather.

"I'll take her back to the apartment." Matt offered and the others all nodded, "Henry come on." He ordered the boy. "I'll come with you." Bonnie said and he nodded in thanks. "Come on." Bonnie took Henry by the shoulder shooting Emma a look to which the blonde smiled in thanks while Regina gave the young witch a wink.

"We'll call you with updates." Caroline told Bonnie who nodded. Elena watched this with a conflicted mind.

She'd never liked Nancy. She thought the tanned girl was too protective of the Salvatore brothers, too in their business for her own good. She believed she was always out to hurt them but seeing her so scared and vulnerable she realised all those times she'd thought Nancy was being rude and bitchy unnecessarily was not- she was being loving and hardheaded.

Flashback- the day of the Mikealson ball.

The Salvatore boarding house was not usually as quiet as it was that day. But when a knock on the old wooden front door sounded through the home, the footsteps of the only at home resident echoed like thunder rolling down the halls.

It was simple to see from Stefan Salvatore's face that he expected no visitors that day, so when he opened the door upon none other then Elijah Mikaelson with an envelope in his noble hand, he was utterly baffled.

"Elijah?"
"Stefan.....may I come in? I'd like to speak with Nancy." The Englishman asked politely as always and the younger vampire just stared him down.

"She's not home." The Salvatore spoke cautiously to the much older vampire. "Well then where can I find her?" Elijah persisted.
"Why?"

"Because much like you and your brother often are, and are at the present- Mr Salvatore- Kol and I are at a brotherly crossroads......so I have decided to take it upon myself to ask for Nancy's company to the ball my mother is throwing this evening." The gentleman explained his forward intentions.