39

"So, are you gonna talk about it or?" Stefan spoke as he and Damon sat on the edge of the Storybrooke dock each with a drink in their hands

It had been about an hour into their morning when Emma called Nancy for her help at the town hall and she disappeared with Matt by her side. Enzo had slipped off to meet Bonnie and Valarie at the library where the two were scouring the shelves for more magic books.

As it turned out, Robin's wife had been cursed and was now dying while the town had been blown up into a frenzy.

The two brothers were alone for the die time together in a month and the awkward silence and bottle of bourbon was only going to go so far as a buffer.

"Talk about what?" The older of the two replied. "You and Nancy?"
"What about us?"

"What happened to Elena?" Stefan asked bluntly, rather bored with his brother's 'duh' tone. "She broke up with me, and I realised what a dick I've been to Nancy." Damon shrugged. "And that revelation only took you what? 150 years?" Stefan mocked and Damon sighed.

"When did we become the type of brothers that discuss girls?" Damon asked trying to dodge the questions. "You know I care about her Damon, her and Elena.....please just tell me you aren't gonna hurt her again."

"I swear, little brother." Damon said after a moment of stillness. "Nancy's always loved you a lot more then you'll ever know." Stefan told him and he nodded suddenly feeling guilty again.

"I think I've finally showed her how I feel." He admitted.
"You got the girl." Stefan said and Damon's face suddenly fell.

A memory shot through his mind like a hot blade, cutting his thoughts short and searing his mind with an newly-resurfaced memory.

-.-.-.-.-.-

"Congratulations brother, you got the girl."
"I got the girl."

-.-.-.-.-.-

Nancy's POV

When Matt and I arrived at town hall we found Dad, Emma, the Charmings, Elsa, Regina and Robin stood over a comatose looking Marian who was turning blue. Her eyebrows were thick with white snow and her lips looked frosted like she'd eaten a sugar donut.

"What the hell happened?" I asked noticing the woman's body on the couch. "Elsa didn't do this." Emma defended the IceQueen before I could even format a response.

"Then who did?"
"That's what we need to find out, while you try and help her." Emma said pointing at Marian. "Emma my blood doesn't work on curses, it only works on mundane, human injuries." I reminded her and she sighed. "What about your friend...Bonnie..." Emma recalled the girl's name, "isn't she some kind of old blood witch or something?"

"- A Bennett, yes- I can ask her and Valerie to come take a look but I can't guarantee she'll be of any help."
"Please, just try." Robin pleaded with me and I sighed. I patted his shoulder then I took out my phone.