30

When Damon and Nancy reached the parapet they were greeted by Emma and Killian who were watching out across the grounds as a hooded figure ran away.

But when they thought Snow White was fully in the clear, a guard emerged from the tower brandishing a bow ready to fire at the princess' retreating figure.

Emma acting on an impulse, dived at the man, knocking him down until he was on the floor and the stairs the three stood watching in shock.

As the guard began to yell Damon noticed something on the ground by Nancy's foot that had been dropped- the ring.

Fresh guards began to storm the parapet and the four were trapped. That was until Killian drew his sword and shoved Emma and the other two ahead, "go! Get that to your mother!" Emma obliged and ran back down the stairs, Damon behind her- expecting Nancy to follow.

But seeing her father surrounded she acted swiftly picking up a dropped sword and moving into the fight. The two Jones fought with precision- Nancy as though she had had her hand on a sword every day for the past 150 years- not just that night.

"You're rusty!" He father jokingly commented and she just shot him a role of her eyes. "Yes well in the land with out magic even in 1864 there was no need for swords.....they had muskets and riffles."

Nancy ducked under one man's arm and jabbed another with her sword before she swiftly kicked out the leg of the first and stamped on his chest to wind him as she jumped over and kicked another soldier against the wall. He collapsed onto the ground too and also revived and winding blow.

Her father had taken out the others and Once the last soldier was down, the two shared and smile before they headed back down towards the ball room.

But they were too late.

Damon and Emma had been surrounded and captured by the Queen's knights and the Queen was currently revelling in having captured them- especially 'Prince Stefan' who she had met earlier.

"I knew there was something off about you.....what of that princess of yours?"
"She's left, she knew nothing- I helped Snow White on a whim." He spat back with equal venom protecting Nancy even to a fault was a new thing the girl had never seen him do before.

"A stupid whim that had cost you your life." She replied before she and the guards carted off the pair. Killian grabbed his daughters arm and the two were forced to exit out of the castle's back to avoid detainment.

"What do we do? We have to save them!" Nancy disparaged as she began to panic. "They have the ring." Her father spoke after a moment. "So I have an idea.....we have to enlist the prince."

"Wonderful....and how the hell do you expect that to spoken" she asked incredulously.

"Just watch and learn love....this is how you charm people to your will."
"I have compulsion for that." She said as she and her father began to track back through the woods still in their suit and gown.

"All the more convenient for you." He muttered she gave a small smile. "We'll save them love, don't you worry....I've performed many a daring rescue in my time."

"Ditto." She simply said before they stopped a few kilometres from the castle nestled in the bushes of t her forest to rest for the night. "We'll collect Swan's parents in the morning." He said and she nodded, yawning as the idea of some sleep filled her heart.

"I hope they're ok." Nancy said to her father as they both stared up into the night sky. "Me too lass, me too."

-.-.-.-.-

Damon had never imagined he'd be locked up with his crush's father's sort-of girlfriend and some random woman for the night in the Evil Queen's palace of the enchanted forest. But here he was.

Here he was missing Nancy like crazy. His mind ran over every possible thing she could be doing at that moment and he longed to be with her again.

He had been amazed by this 'new world' but the longe the was in the past here in the forest, the longer he wished to be back in Mystic Falls, or even just Storybrooke. The town where he had made his home away from Mystic Falls.

He felt loved there, welcomed and warm like he was part of the furniture even if only Nancy really knew him. The locals barely knew his name and he hadn't spoken a word to any of his new 'neighbours' since he set up shop at Granny's Inn but part of him really saw himself staying there with Nancy and settling there for a while- without the fear of having to move every five years when neither of them seemed to age.

He sat there in the dank, dark cell listening as Emma spoke with the woman about their families in vague pieces of half truths.

"Who's he?" He heard the woman ask and to keep his alias he spoke "Stefan." He said calmly with a bitter edge to his voice.

He even missed his brother but not as much as he was pinning for Nancy.

"Why are you here?"
"We pissed off the Queen." Damon muttered bluntly and Emma shot him a look. "What? She can't hear us."

"She had literal, dark-magic at her disposal, don't be so sure." Emma warned and he chuckled before he rolled onto his side, the ragged shirt he had been given and brown, plain hunters pants were both now dusty from the cell's floor.

"Wake me when it's time to be executed." He darkly joked before and switched off from the women and try sir conversation and instead slipped into a dreamless sleep of utter yearning.