59

Flashback; enchanted forest, long ago. A sea-side tavern. 

"Well well well, if it isn't 'Captain Hook'

"Well well well, if it isn't 'Captain Hook'." Came a mocking, gruff voice from behind the crew of the Jolly Rodger.

"Blackbeard! My old friend! Pull up a stool- the ale is fresh and crisp." Killian span around on his bar stool with Smee at his right side and his fifteen-year-old daughter on his left.

"I don't remember this tavern allowing scum on it's premises." The long-bearded Captain grumbled with a sickly smirk. "And I don't recall there being a sign for washed up old sea dogs either." Killian but back.

His daughter giggled from beside him as the bar wench her father had been attempting to woo stood up and left with an eye roll. "A bit young for you isn't she- Captain?" Blackbeard then addressed the young girl with a slight look on his face that made the young girl queasy.

"My daughter." Hook snapped back his expression darkening. "A jewel such as this- your litter? I don't believe it." Blackbeard spat.
"Believe it so sir- my father is every inch the Captain you are not." The young girl stood quickly to defend her father.

"A firey young maid......a lot more bite then her father." The older man smirked reaching out an old, withered- yet bejewelled- hand to stroke the girl's face. "Beautiful." He whispered and she snapped away from his touch, as if being shocked by the contact of his skin.

"I'd suggest you step back now- mate." Killian stood threateningly down as to strike fear in his rival.

"Well I'm sure we'll see one another again.....Captain.....Miss?"
"As if." She spat at him and he shuck his head with a smirk. "A challenge?"
"You bastard-." But Killian was cut off.

A royal procession suddenly burst into the tavern with none other then King George and the young Prince James. Both royal men turned their noses up at the common-as-filth people in the tavern as the whole room went silent as if shushed by an unseen ghost.

"Gentlemen!" The king exclaimed. "I am in need of a vessel.....one I am to commandeer, immediately......Captains are to report to me and my men to be picked from- my worthy Guide."

"Well Hook- may the best man win." Blackbeard patted the other pirates' shoulder. "Aye Mate- that I will."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Present day- Storybrooke- Killian and Nancy's boat.

"And you're sure going on this wild goose chase with my sort-of step-mom and your brother who hates us, is a good idea?" Nancy asked Stefan for what felt like the tenth time a few mornings later as he packed up his car ready to drive him, Emma, Matt, Snow, Bonnie and Damon over the boarder.

They were heading out of town to find Maleficent's long lost daughter while the others all stayed to keep an eye on the ex-villains. "Damon doesn't hate us." Stefan instantly protested.