9

"Are we allowed to come in or do we have to wait for the maid to grant us entrance?" Stefan asked bluntly to his mother as she peeled open the door to their home with a fake looking smile.

"It's alright we had her sign the house back over....you may come in." Lily disregarded her son's sarcastic tone and stepped aside to allow the four of them entrance.

Stefan and Nancy crossed the threshold with ease as Killian and Emma followed both holding cautious expressions.

"Thank you for coming to this." Lily sighed and Stefan nodded slowly. "And who's this?" The woman asked her son and his friend noticing Emma and Killian following the two.

"Nancy's father Killian and his friend Emma." Stefan spoke quickly, his eyes fixing on something across the room- his brother. "Not your personal lunch boxes.......so you keep your ugly little surrogate children, away." Nancy snapped at the Salvatore woman who gave a Curt nod.

Random people milled around the home with smiles and fake looking conversation- all probably compelled to be there. Nancy watched slightly disgusted as these poor innocents were forced to wine around for Lily and her 'family's' sick delight.

Damon who at first locked eyes with his brother shot Stefan a snide smirk while Nancy rolled her eyes and avoided meeting his gaze. "You came." The younger Salvatore snapped at his brother who approached them waving his glass of bourbon in the air.

Stefan and Nancy stood glowering at the smirking man. "Never been one to pass up a good party have I Stefan?" Damon replied shortly before he patted their shoulders and strutted between them to nod at Killian and Emma.

"We shouldn't have brought them, I put them in danger." Nancy admitted and Stefan shrugged. "It's alright Nance, Matt'll be here and he'll be fine." Stefan assured but she gave him a look. "Deputy Donovan," she mockingly said the human's name and fruitless title, "has been part of our world for years and has fought vampires worse then this and lived.....not like my father and Emma who's only villains have been from the enchanted goddamn forest." She snapped and he chuckled- "you make it sound like they've fought nothing."

"The red Queen and my father are hardly that villainous.....I can only really see Pan being a threat." She said candidly and he shrugged. "Well if he was as much of a monster as you say he is, I guess you're right."
"Thank you.....now speaking of me being right......I'm gonna go shove your brothers face in it, care to join me?" She asked and he laughed, "sure want a drink?"
"Whiskey." She replied and off he went.

Lily was now stood with Emma and Killian who looked cautiously uncomfortable around the woman standing, talking to them and smiling falsely.

It was never a question of IF it was false....with Lily Salvatore......it was always false.

Nancy wandered away to Damon but first she bee-lined for her father, Emma and Lily. "You two want to stick with me and the boys." She said to them as she came up behind them and Lily made eye contact with her.

"My company not up to your standards for your parents Nancy?" The woman asked and she growled under her breath. "First they're not both my parents and second, no no it isn't....I don't think 'evil psycho bitch' is on anyone's favourite hostess list." She snapped before she grabbed her father and Emma's hands and guided the two over the Damon's little table.

"What's your problem with her?" Emma asked slightly shocked by the girl's sudden rudeness. "Bitch is the reason I'm sleeping at the Lockwood house, the reason Damon lost the love of his life, reason Bonnie won't ever see her best friend again, the reason our friend Ric lost his wife and the reason Stefan and Damon have such deep rooted issues." She listed and the two gave her a clearly sorry look but she shrugged it off.

"So yeah I hate her."
"Hate who?" Came the voice of Damon as he returned to the table from chatting with a blonde haired man. "Who were you chatting to? One of their compelled guests?" Nancy asked and he shuck his head.

"My mother's boyfriend."
"That's Julian?!" Nancy gave a shocked face as she tried to get a peek of the now disappeared man.

"He offered me a game of pool." He said and she gave him a strange look. "On our pool table?"
"My pool table." He replied and she rolled her eyes. "I payed for it.....you, Stefan and Zack did fuck all." She snapped and he nodded along but with a disbelieving face. "Sure."

"You two used to live here?" Emma asked and they nodded. "Yeah." Nancy replied looking around in disgust at the alterations Lily had made. "She's changed it."
"If you wanna stay with Stefan and Damon we can head back to the house." Emma said and Nancy gave her a quizzical look.

"We need to get ready for our trip back anyway.....and I need to call Henry." Henry was Emma's son who she clearly missed a lot. "Sure, ok.....I'll see you when we get home?" She asked and they nodded, both heading out to grab their coats and leave.

"They seem to be acting strange." Damon commented but she just rolled her eyes. Stefan suddenly appeared two drinks in hand. "No whiskey so you stuck with red wine." He told Nancy and she shot him a thankful smile.

"There is plenty of whiskey in our cellar!" Damon said with no emotion. "Nothing good enough." His brother replied and Nancy chuckled. "You coming with us to play pool?" Damon asked his oldest friend and she shrugged, "I guess."

The three made their way over to the concealed little area they held their pool table and stood waiting for Julian who arrived quickly and the three started to set up the game.

"I'm not sure we've been acquainted." The British man commented eyeing Nancy like a piece of meat. "That's because we haven't." She said shortly as she leaned on her pool que and watched the boys set up. "I see like their father, the boys have a type." He spoke with a cruel, mocking tone in his voice.

"And what type is that?" She snapped slightly offended by the objectifying nature of his remarks. "Tall, brunette beauties- opinionated, strong, will-full, maternal and brave......it does raise a man's blood pressure does it not.....powerful women." He smirked stepping closer.

Out of the corner of her eyes she could see Stefan growing more and more angry and Damon's face, though unreadable for her, gave a clearly negative emotion. But she stopped them from jumping to her defence- No, that would only perpetuate his myth of her as some damsel like their deluded mother.

Instead she took her time and spoke slowly as Julian leaned down and broke the balls. "No, I'm not." She said and he looked up, "I'm not their type......and if you're deluded enough to believe that Lily is any of those words other then tall and brunette you are sourly mistaken.....the woman is a coward and a horrible mother." She spat as she she leaned down to his ear then moved back up to stand with the boys.

Stefan was oddly not calm and he seemed almost fidgety as he glared at Julian. The blonde man gave a low, emotionless chuckle. "I see you are definitely on the boy's side....their mother has told me all about your close relationships."
"Don't read too far in." She snapped and he gave a fake 'surrender' hand gesture.

"Of our mother has told you so much, had she ever told you the story of the vampire that was killed during a game of pool?" Damon asked- clearly trying to make some kind of point.

"No I don't believe I've heard that one." The cocky Englishman said and Damon gave Nancy a look. She immediately caught on as his eyes motioned to the tense-looking Stefan......he was gonna loose it and get them all killed.