Subhadra

Arjun left Manipur in a few days. Now he has to travel all across the stretch of Bharatvarsh to Dwarka, to his Sakha. His Madhav's word. But why did Madhav give such a weird invitation? He has also heard that Subhadra's marriage is being fixed with Duryodhan. So disgusting. Whatever, Subhadra and Duryodhan used to be friends during teenages when Duryodhan used to come to Balraam for Gadavidya training. It's alright if they can adjust. Maybe, Madhav has called him to make sure that the marriage doesn't baffle Indraprasth's realtion with Dwarka. As they reached the vicinities of Dwarka, before crossing the long bridge, Arjun decided to stay back and send a message to Krishna. Even taking Krishna's name reminded him of his Krishnaa. Arjun sent the message to Krishna by a secret messenger.

"Bhadra!! You need to understand..." Balram nearly shrieked at a sobbing Subhadra. "He is your fiàncè.. Arjun has already married several times and you know what finally happens... Moreover, I can't break a vow." "Who told you to make the vow, at first place?! You know that I love Arjun... I always have loved him. I don't care how many wives he has!! I am late and that's the point... I will never marry that evil Duryodhan, no ways!! Haven't you heard how he abducted Princess Bhanumati! He can never respect any woman.. I will marry only and only Arjun, and none other!!" Balram was indeed shocked at Subhadra's audacity. He stood there still, his glare fixed on his sister. Subhadra tone suddenly became cold, "If you don't let me marry him, I am left with no other option than to dive into these waiting wide oceans..." ,the glittering rahe and taunt in Subhadra's eyes literally scared Balram. "Dau.. I think it's time I interfere...", Krishna entered the room. Holding up Arjun's letter he said, "He's here..". Balram was shocked. Subhadra gasped in utter delight.. "I had asked Arjun to come here at the end of the conquest... ", then turning towards Subhadra, he added, "We are waiting at the Somnath Temple... Come..", again turning towards Balram he added, "I won't dare to call Parth here. We better resolve this affair at the Somnath Temple..". Saying this Krishna left.

Arjun's messenger came back. "Vaasudev is waiting for you at the Somnath Temple.." he informed. Arjun took his horse, and left for the Somnath Temple.
When Arjun reached the temple, he found the premises deserted. Arjun was a bit disappointed, why hasn't Madhav come yet? "I am here, Parth... After so long...", Arjun suddenly turned back to see Madhav approaching him with Subhadra, to his utter astonishment. "Madhav..." , Arjun went and hugged Krishna. Then looking at Subhadra he was even more astonished to see her bridal dress. He looked back at Madhav questioningly. "She is here for you, Parth.." Krishna said to Arjun. Subhadra smiled shyly. After a moment long haze, in a minute the whole scenario became clear to him. He looked at Krishna is disbelief. How can Madhav do this to his own Sakhi?!?! Krishna looked at Arjun, his eyes unfathomable and teary. "She no way is ready to marry Duryodhan... She loves you, Parth... I want you to accept her hand in marriage..." Krishna said in a breath. Arjun's vision blurred. "No...", a low gasp left his mouth, which only Krishna could hear. Krishnaa's face floated in front of his eyes. How can he betray his beloved this miserably?! A tear escaped his eyes. He looked up at his Sakha. Even Madhav!?

The marriage took place in Krishna's presence in the Somnath Temple. Subhadra cannot be left in Dwarka. Arjun has to take her to Indraprasth.
Sitting in Dwarka's garden, Arjun was dead quiet. Satya came up to him. "Arjun..", she called him. Arjun looked up Satya. "She will never ever forgive me, no ways..." Arjun said, his head bowed down. "She will... But not easily. Honestly, you deserve some cold war..." Satya replied, her eyes teary. Arjun looked up at the stars. He won't send any messages to Indraprasth. Krishna has sent a message to inform all the elders and his brothers in Indraprasth of this.
"Sakhi... There is a messenger from Dwarka.. I exactly don't know what message he is here, to convey, but something.." Malini informed Krishnaa as she was completing sewing the uttariya for her Sakha. "At least, Sakha hasn't forgotten us completely", she replied with a smile without stopping her work.
Subhadra was fast asleep beside Arjun on the bed. Arjun slowly got up from the bed. He moved to the balcony. The spring breeze was brushing past him. Only Krishnaa occupied all his senses and mind. Was there any way to even apologize to Krishnaa? He wasn't even eligible for that... This time he couldn't help his tears, which flowed down his cheeks unrestrained.

In a month, Arjun received the news of Bheem's marriage with the Kashi Princess Jalandhara. Now, he really needs tk go back. Enough of staying back at Dwarka on the pretext of giving their marriage some time to settle. Now, it's time to give his first marriage some time, if she allows him to...

"Hurry up Sakhi.. he will be here in no time.." Nitambini hurried Krishnaa. Krishnaa was at a loss of words, she was so happy. Finally her Phalguni is going to come back to her after whole three long years. Finally... As she was lighting the lamps, a sobbed-- she was too happy to handle.
"They are here.. At the Nagardwaar..." a daasi informed, also excited. Krishnaa didn't know how to help her tears. Malini came to her and hugged her. "It's really happening Sakhi. He is here... Your love has made him come back to you... He is all yours, yet again..." Krishnaa again sobbed--, too elated to handle.
She took the Aarti plate. He is at the palace gates. Before going down, she just wanted to take a glimpse from the balcony. As she went to the balcony, and looked down, her eyes caught those two hazel eyes, which she had been waiting for, with bated breath. Suddenly, her eyes shifted a little beside him....
Arjun could not hold the rushes of emotions flowing through him, those crystal blue eyes, after this long. He has died a thousand deaths yearning to catch a glimpse of those. For a moment he forgot Subhadra standing beside him and the whole crowd, as their eyes locked after eternities. What where is that necklace, that he had given her? Arjun caught his breath as he gaped at her divine ethereal beauty, forgetting the absence of the necklace. Suddenly the eye contact broke as Krishnaa looked towards ... Subhadra. Her eyes had some unfathomable feeling, her face pale, purely horrified. She looked at him for one last time, and turned around and moved away from the balcony. As her eyes left his, Arjun felt as if he has been abandoned for a lifetime....
Krishnaa's head spinned as her breath hitched. She slowly came in, opened her Maang ka teeka and it fell from her trembling hands. She herself fell on the floor, the Aarti plate falling on the marble with a clattering sound. She could feel no more emotions but numbness. Even her Sakha has betrayed her... Isolated... She has been thoroughly isolated...