Prosperity

Indraprasth was holding the whole population of commoners and royals with equal grace and pride.
"Sakhi!!" Nitambini called, as she was walking, nearly running across the open corridors of the palace. "Did you find her??" She asked an equally tensed Malini, who almost ran into her. "Oops.. no no.. Nita di.." Malini replied. Both stood there, tensed and stupefied. "May I?" Arjun interfered, "..try and find my Priye?" he asked while approaching the two girls. "Umm.. surely, Rajkumaar.." Nitambini replied politely, and Arjun immediately left. After he was gone, the two girls broke out into peals of giggles.
In the furthermost corner of the palace garden, towards the North, with the Himalayas in background, the Bhuvansundari sat beside a small lake. She was staring into the clear waters and the lotuses, her hand constantly stroking the back of the small rabbit, who was sitting in her lap. Her blue-brown hair fell all over her back, down her shoulders and the ends spread on the ground. The sunlight cascaded across her face, making her skin glow like crystal. Her eyes looked like two shining blue diamonds, as the sun shone. Her white lehenga's pallu was on the ground. She looked magnificent in the light blue embroidered blouse and skirt of the lehenga. A spellbound Arjun stood a feet away, staring at this unworldly form of beauty. His heart swelled with jealousy towards the small creature on her lap. Suddenly she felt his heat reach out to her from that far, and she looked up to spot him staring at her. Even she couldn't help but stare at his handsome form. His custom white uttariya clung to one side, the rest of his chest bare; without jewelleries, just like she herself. His well built muscles glowed like tanned bronze, under the winter Sun. She smiled at him. He didn't smile back. Instead he approached her. Her hand froze and she stopped stroking the back of the bunny. He locked his gaze deep into her eyes. His hands slowly went forward, and as she tensed, he gently grabbed the bunny, picked it away and set it free. The bunny ran away. Krishnaa frowned at her husband and his awkward deed. Arjun locked her protectively within his arms . "I can't even stand your beautiful hands stroking the bunny..." Taking her hands in his, and gently kissing the palms, he continued, " I would rather love that happening to me..." He looked into her eyes. She first lowered her eyes and blushed heavily, then she slowly pulled him and made him lie down, his head on her lap. While they deeply gazed into each other's eyes, Krishnaa's one hand gently stroke Arjun's hair. Their other hands locked, and Arjun used his free hand to caress her chin and cheek. After a timeless moment, he slowly got up, and took her face in his palms. She caressed his shoulder, and chest and their faces neared. Their lips touched tenderly, sending a shock through both of them. The tender kiss slowly became more amd more passionate and Arjun locked her tightly in his arms, while Krishnaa hugged him back.
After quite some time, the two returned to the main palace. Nitambini and Malini spotted the two, and pursed their lips to suppress their giggle. The forever naughty Nakul, was however, not ready to let go of this golden opportunity to tease his Bhaiyya and Bhaabi. Moreover, the other brothers also weren't there.
"Aaahemm.." he cleared his voice as he approached the couple. "Bhaiyya, Bhaabi... Where were you two?? I was searching for you for so long..." He smiled teasingly. "We just went for a stroll in the garden, Nakul. By the way, any problem??" Arjun replied quickly, diverting the topic in order to save themselves. Krishnaa glanced up at him.  "No, nothing such. Just that... I wanted to tell Bhaabi that... The breakfast was so yummy!!" Nakul quickly made up an answer. Krishnaa smiled. "You better thank your Bhrata Bheem. He gave me the idea for the special dessert, which actually made the meal even more yummy, altogether..."
"I would have, but he is off to meet Chitravajra, the tribal King.. Jyeshth has sent him..." Nakul replied. "But, I was supposed to accompany him.." Arjun exclaimed. "I know. But Jyeshth said, he has to do some work divisions today. So he would need you... He is calling both of you tk the Rajsabha..." "We'll be there soon.." The two replied and they hurried off to their chamber. They had to change also...

"Pranipaat Jyeshth..." Arjun and Draupadi greeted in unison, as the entered the sabha... "Pranipaat..." Yudhishthir greeted back. Soon they spotted Kunti too, and pranamed her. "What was the matter, this urgent??!!.. I should have accompanied Bhaiyya. You know, the Rakshasaas live adjacent to the tribal area. He doesn't know the roads properly..." Arjun worried...
"Calm down Arjun. Bheem has gone there to kill the tyrannical Rakshasa king Hidimb, to bring and end to the miseries of the people. You had to stay back to ensure Indraprasth's security. Moreover, I have to do some important responsibility division today..." Yudhishthir came down from the singhasan. Taking the gem studded shining sword, he handed that to Arjun. "It is a gift to you from the current Deva Senapati - Mangal Dev. He also sent a message to 'you and your Ardhangini'. Here it is.", he said, handing over the small note on a divine-looking paper, engraved with golden leaflet designs. Arjun quickly read it through--

"To the Lord,
This sword is now under your charge, and you will hopefully pass it on to its deserving heir when the time is right.
~With immense respect and regards,
To The Lord and The Lady.."

Arjuna was baffled. Not a particular part, but this whole 'message' was a mystery which only time and situations could unveil.

"It is the Gods' suggestion to make you Indraprasth's Senapati. You are Vijay-- the Invincible. Here is to many more Victories ahead.. ", Yudhishthira encouraged, handing over the sword to Arjun. Arjun had moisture in his eyes. Kunti's eyes glowed with pride. Now Yudhishthir approached Draupadi. "Sister.." he addressed her. "The whole of Aryavart is knowledgeable of your exclusive wit and intelligence. I hand over the responsibility of handling the Accounts of the country to you", he said, handing over a golden lekhani and patra to her.
Both Arjun and Krishnaa took the blessings of their elders before signing into their respective duties. "Arjun, another message for you.." Yudhishthir said. Arjun turned towards him. "Vaasudev Krishna will be here soon. In his latest letter, he has said that he needs to discuss your upcoming conquests with you. As per him, it will be a long set of conquests spanning over a few years. You better begin preparing, thus. He further has said that you are divinely bestowed with the responsibility of uniting the whole of Bharatvarsh..." This was a huge news. It could have been pretty happy for Arjun, but how can he separate from his Krishnaa for 'Few years' so soon. He suddenly remembered the prophecy of pain and struggle at her birth. Both of their eyes became moist.