Another baby...

It has been two weeks since Priu's first birthday. Abhi's birthday was just a few days back. He is 9 days younger than Priu. Krishnaa was sitting with Arjun in their chamber. It is one of Arjun's extremely rare holidays from any financial, administrative or military duties. He was playing chess with Krishnaa, who has suddenly fallen in love with the game during the period of her second pregnancy. In her free time, she usually plays alone, or with any other available patner. However, Arjun was the best partner. No one had a monopoly-- sometimes, Krishnaa won, sometimes Arjun , while at other times it would be a draw match. All the guests have already left, including the Yadavs. All of them had insisted upon them to stay a little longer, but they had to leave, since Satyabhama's son was quite too small and they also had to return back to look after Devaki and Vaasudev, who fell blind without Rukmini. 

"Check..", Krishnaa said with a wise smile, and added, "and Mate..." "They say I am invincible. Just look at how my wifey keeps on defeating me every now and then... Sometimes with looks, sometimes with intense gazes, sometimes with troubles and worries and, other times in Chess..", Arjun smirked, looking into her eyes intensely, as she squirmed under the tremendous heat of his gaze.. Suddenly, she felt movement in her womb. Her babies are pretty active, be it Priu or this little one... But soon the movement grew into a searing pain, and she knew what it was. She never has mock-labour pains..
Her fists and jaws clenched and her face hardened, as the pain set in full fledge. Arjun immediately sensed the tension in her face and kneeled beside her. "Krishnaa...", he asked in a vain attempt to get an answer from her. She shut her eyes as she felt her water break and the hot stream flow between her legs. Her energy has already started to get drained of...

Why was it so weird? When she needed her energy the most, during the labour, the labour would actually set in by draining out her energy.... Arjun immediately took her up in his arms, carefully, and rushed her to the bed. The Rajvaidyaa was immediately called. Everyone gathered outside her chamber, in her Mahal. Arjun insisted upon staying in the delivery chamber, but the Rajvaidyaa denied, saying that it was her second time, and this won't be as grave as the previous time. So she could manage it by herself. Nitambini, however, stayed in, while Malini stayed outside, tackling the people.

The last push is always very exhausting and painful. Her final scream, had Arjun almost shivering with a start. He was on the verge of tears, while Kunti calmed him down. Subhadra had stayed back in her chamber to take care of the kids. The moment the news of the child-birth reached her, Abhi and Pragya, jumped up on the bed before her. "What is it?", a very curious Pragya asked. "Baby brother or baby sister...?!", an insistent Abhi asked the royal servant.

"Baby brother...", the royal servant answered. Abhi jumped in joy, "Another brother for us to play with!!" However, Priu's face fell. "Oh no!!! I am left as the only girl, again!!", she shrieked in horror, making both Subhadra and the royal servant laugh. Abhi kept a hand on her shoulder, "No worries Priu.. I'll never let you feel lonely..", he said in a truly concerned tone. Priu looked towards him and hugging him, said, "Thankyou Abhi!!" This adorable scene brought tears in Subhadra's eyes...

Arjun rushed into Krishnaa's chamber, after the daasis, parichaarikas and Rajvaidyaas finally left after finishing all their jobs. Krishnaa was half-sitting on the bed, leaning back on the pillows. She held their son in her hands. He had dark eyes, unlike any of his parents. He had inherited Arjun's curly hair, but not brown, but black. He had the complexion of his parents, finally, unlike Priu, or even Abhi, who had Subhadra's golden-wheatish complexion. 

Arjun's eyes were glistening with tears of joy.. Their first son. He went to Krishnaa, who looked up at him and his son alternately. The next moment, both of them broke out into a teary giggling spree and the baby boy also joined in. "What should we name him??", Arjun asked. "I think we should let Vyaas Dev do this honour for atleast once..", Krishnaa replied with a guilty smile. Truly, atleast once. Arjun nodded and hugged his son and his wife. He had one more innocent heart to love.....

In the mean time, Priu and Abhi ran into the chamber. "See I told you they will forget us.. and they already have..", a sulking Abhi said with a pout. "Y.e.s.... I see...", Priu nodded with a frown. Arjun and Krishnaa laughed. He took up the two kids in his arms and came to Krishnaa. The three sat on the bed, beside her. Seeing their baby brother, their anger dissolved in no time. Priu first took the baby in her tiny arms Abhi caressed  his hair. "He is so beautiful..", Abhi gasped. Arjun chuckled. 

Suddenly Priu handed the baby over to Krishnaa and made a grumpy face. She covered her eyes with her hands and sat silent. Krishnaa couldn't control her giggles, eventhough she was pretty exhausted. Arjun slowly caressed her back and asked her, "What happened Princess? Are you angry on little brother?" Priu removed her hands from her eyes and replied with a pout, "No.. I am angry on you, Pitashree, and Maai!! You people gave Abhi and all my other brothers a baby brother to play and fight with... I know, even I play and fight with them.. But I need a sister to chat and play girly games with!!" "Actually, even I want a baby sister to pamper.. Priu is so bossy. She is more like a friend than a sister.. I need a baby sister, like a doll", Abhi added...

Krishnaa was really beyond surprised at the extreme maturity of these two merely a year old kids. They were really exceptional. No one- year old can behave or function like them. She has heard from Mata Kunti, that Arjun too was highly matured, always , with respect to his actual age. He started leaning archery only at two-years age. Arjun has already started to plan to begin their all-round training in a very short time. She pursed her lips, to stop her smile....

"No Maai.. It's not funny.. We really want  a baby sister... Pitashree pleaase... Maai...", Abhi nagged and Priu joined him in the last word. "Okay okay.... calm down kids... Maai isn't very well now. As you can see, she is very exhausted. Let her rest for now. I promise you, we shall try our best to fulfill your wish..", Arjun pacified the children. "Thankyou Pitashree.. Take rest Maai.. Get well soon.. And, we love you..", Priu and Abhi said in collaboration. They got up and planting to kisses on a shocked Krishnaa's two cheeks, they ran out as fast as they had come. Arjun took the baby from Krishnaa's hands, before she could react to his last comment, and kept him securely on the cot. Krishnaa had already fed him for the first time. He had also fallen asleep. He came back and sat beside Krishnaa on the bed, leaning slightly on the headboard and an arm around her, securing her and nuzzling her on his chest. 

Krishnaa finally broke out from the shocked trance and said in a breathy voice, "Are you crazy?! How could you say yes to them that easily!? I am telling you--- I can't deal with another one, atleast not in a year, please!! This is so tiring..... And, by the way, this time, Rajvaidyaa ji is going to murder you straight away!! These kids are already so small!! IMPOSSIBLE!!" Arjun chuckled lightly and pulled her closer, as she lightly squirmed as a little postpartum pain rejuvenated. "Oh.. sorry love..", Arjun immediately said, cupping her face. "Come, let's get you to catch a little sleep... It has been 6 tiring hours..." "No wait, did you even listen to what I said?", Krishnaa nagged. Arjun laid her on the bed carefully. Then he sat beside her, taking her hand in his and massaging it lightly. "I love you... Yes, I said could say yes to the kids because we really 'can'.... Take as much time as you want... We won't ever take another child against your will" Saying these words as comfortingly as possible, he got up to leave..

"Arya..", Krishnaa held back his hand, as he smiled and sat back on the bed. "Even I want another baby... more specifically, another daughter... If Priu is the thunderstorm, I want to add rain to it... I want to shower both of them with as much love as possible.... It's just that, I am a bit scared of the associated pain...", she said as tears clouded her eyes. She was being so selfish!! How could she be!! "No Krishnaa, you are not being selfish in any ways... It's natural. Infact we should be more understanding... Thanks for agreeing, though.... I love you...", he said, once again reading through her thoughts, and softly kissed her forehead. Soon, the kissed travelled to her lips, as they again got immersed in the eternal dance of love....