[SNIPPETS]

Dearest Readers,

I know, I know... Posting so many author's notes must be illegal. Still, can't help it. I am finally letting you all take a sneak-peek into my new book 'Unexpected'. Here go the snippets, and a small part from the beginning... I am still working on it and it will take months to complete it. And I have already written the plot-chart, and it's going to be a series of books - maybe 2 or 3, no budging from this word this time; cuz the plot is half-done. 

AND.... I AM ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT I WON'T START POSTING THE BOOK TILL I GET ATLEAST 10 SOLID COMMENTS HERE - WITH CLEARLY EXPRESSED OPINIONS, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ETC. 

I am saying 10, because in the previous chapter, I got about 12 votes in a day. So, at least 10 people should be generous enough to drop some solid comments. 

SNIPPETS

I stared at him for one lingering moment. His face was now the most familiar one in my brain. The polluted Delhi-breeze swept back the hair that fell on his forehead from his slightly messy, tousled hair. "I often deck-up to impress", he had said that day. And, I could again see it in his looks today. But, was he still into all that? "Are you dating someone new?", I asked, inevitably with a smirk. He turned his face away from the breeze, and looking into my eyes, asked, "You think?"

As I ascended the stairs into the stage, I saw the man who had been called to hand over the award to me, and I didn't know what excited me more – the award or the award-giver.

"What on Earth are you doing here?!", I whisper-yelled at him and immediately realized that it didn't sound one bit like a question. "Work. I had a meeting with a few clients, you know.", he answered with a dismissive shrug and a careless look in his eyes. Yet, his answer sounded too... rehearsed... for the lack of a better word.

I could sense the shift in his mood, the change in his breathing pattern. I concentrated on his eyes. They were focused on a particular point on my whole face. Slowly he leaned out of his seat and towards me. His eyes finally shifted towards my eyes. I knew I could say no if I wanted too, but strangely, extremely strangely, I didn't.  

SUMMARY

True love is often unexpected, extremely and shockingly so. Not all love stories begin with a love-at-first-sight. Some begin with simple conversations, with a few unusual bits; a few sudden run-ins; exchanging numbers and unexpectedly heart-to-heart chats over the phone. It's often one baby step at a time – not every love-story is flawlessly glorious. Some are flawed, yet glorious – because love has this glory of its own.

Iksha was a more-or-less 'normal' PR personnel in a multinational firm – bored to death by her regular life. That's when an unexpected friendship-at-first-sight enters her life in the form of Rudra. They touch each other's hearts at the first go, and Iksha realizes that not every person who seems to be 'regular' is actually so.

 Rudra has never felt this compulsion in his gut before, that makes him spill the darkest secrets of his life to the girl he has met no more than a few minutes back.

Will their friendship give way to love, or will a single excess advance from one side break whatever bond they happen to share? Will they be able to tread this fragile thread and finally win over the hurdles that come their way? Still, how far is their love destined to go?