Mahalakshmi

That night Arjun and Draupadi were strictly ordered to not even look at each other. They stayed in different wings of the palace.
"What kind of a rule is it Madhav?!",an irritated Arjun asked Krishna. They were sitting in the chamber Arjun was asked to spend the night in. Krishna cleared his voice and said in a teasing tone, "You know Parth.... More you feel the pangs of separation the more intense your love gets..." Arjun was really too sad to laugh. "Really?!" He asked indifferently, without even looking back at his Sakha. Krishna laughed and said, "Yes my dear. Look at me.. the biggest example.." and he went mute, as suddenly the burried down pain resurfaced. Arjun got it this time. If it was so painful to stay away from his love for one night, fully knowing that she has been made all his just a few hours back, how difficult must it be for his Sakha to sacrifice his love for the greater benefit of Aryavart. He looked at his Sakha's moist eyes, as Krishna blinked back the moisture and smiled mysteriously. Arjun approached him and hugging him, joined in his mysterious smile.
Krishnaa was sitting in her chamber. Her unnatural silence worried Nitambini. She came ul and asked her, "Sakhi, any problem? Why are you so silent? Or do you happen to miss Malini. In the second case, don't worry. Actually she needed to stay by Maa Sa.. she is a little sad about your and actually our departure tomorrow morning. So Malini went to make her understand that the three of is will be alright till we are together." Krishnaa looked up at Nitambini. This girl was too quick to read her thoughts. But she was also missing Arjun, and thinking of their future after this wedding. "Never worry Sakhi. I can assure you this much that he will always be by you.. and that is enough to keep you two happy.." Nitambini said with a smile, again reading Krishnaa's thoughts. Krishnaa hugged her with dewy eyes.

Next morning the vidaai ceremony began. Dhrishtadyumn hugged his sister, "What shall I do whenever I remember my dearest sister??" Dhrishtadyumn asked making a cute puppy face and really moist eyes. "Write her a letter, bhaiyya, or paint her, or just think of her.. you know we have a mysterious connect right...", Krishnaa replied with a smile and moisture in her eyes. Mohini broke into tears. Shikhandini was trying to calm her down. "Mai, if you cry like this, how shall I leave happily and peacefully?" Krishnaa enquired, almost crying. Satyabhama came up, "Raniji, we will always keep an eye on your laadli, since she happens to be my husband's Sakhi and his dearest Sakha's wife. Moreover, you needn't worry so much about her. She is Purshottam Dhananjaya's wife." Satyabhama winked at Krishnaa, and with a smile they became too-good friends.
Dronacharya went to Drupad, "Don't worry friend. I am always there in Hastinapur, I will take care of her in case she is in any need of a father-figure. She is like my daughter only -- my dear friend's daughter and my Priya Shishya's wife... Don't worry..." ,and the two friends hugged. Arjun approached his in-laws and said, "Allow me to take along your Daughter, with utmost respect, grace and love, and to be able to keep up with her wishes, needs and love , always...", with joined palms. Drupad came up and blessed him. Then Krishna came and let know, "For now, you guys may go to Hastinapur, but never ever forget your this Sakha, and your invite to Dwaraka..." Balram joined him, "Right.. Arjun, my dear brother and Krishnaa, now my dear sister ,only, have got married, and honestly, I already feel like abducting you guys to Dwaraka and celebrate!!" Everyone forgot their tears and laughed out loud at Dau's words. Even Revati couldn't help but laugh, but only after rolling her eyes at him.  Only Rukmini somehow controlled her laughter by pursing her lips.

In Hastinapur Gandhari was literally head on heels with the preparations for the welcome ceremony, when Duhshala came running and informed her that Kunti Maa has arrived. They went to the Nagardwaar immediately, where Kunti and Priyamvada were hugging each other. "Where are bahu and Arjun, Kunti?" Gandhari asked in worry. "Arrey baba jiji... Don't worry so much... They are coming. "
In the mean time the shehnaais sang... The new couple has stepped in. The whole city has come out on the streets to welcome the Pandavas and their dear Arjun, obviously with the new bride.

As the two reached the palace gates, Arjun came down from the chariot. He extended his hand to Draupadi and she also followed him down. She stepped on the tray of rose petals. Then followed by a few more trays containing different flower petals. Duhshala was once more awestruck by her supremely ethereal beauty. Not just Duhshala, Uruvi, Priyamvada.. all stared at the goddess approaching the palace gates. Duryodhan looked at her with all his wrath, but couldn't help the lust from sparking in his eyes. Karn didn't know exactly what he was feeling. It was a mixed feeling that he had never felt before, actually , not before her Swayamvar. He knew that staring at someone else's wife wasn't right, but why should Arjun always be bestowed with all the bests.. for the sake of only Fortune?? Or because he was the Devraaj's son.
Arjun was pretty quick to gauge the feelings of all his enemies standing out there. He put a hand around Krishnaa's waist and held her hand with his other hand, supporting her to step up the stairs on the flower trays. This was actually a warning to his enemies, to let them know that she is his and to symbolically command them to stop gaping at his lady. Uruvi suddenly felt an unexpected feeling reel down her spine, He is Krishnaa's....

As soon as Krishnaa stepped on the last tray, her foot jerked. Arjun immediately looked down and bent and held her foot in his hands. Krishnaa tried to shrink her foot back, but he didn't allow. He spotted oneof many thorns kept on the tray, obviously intentionally, pricking her foot. He immediately picked out the thorn and crushed it, as a sign of another warning.
Though in pain, Krishnaa nodded to the worried onlooker, letting them know that she can complete the rest of the rituals.
She pushed the Rice container with her left foot and the rice spread till the last diya kept in line. Duhshala gasped and informed Gandhari with a cheer. Gandhari whispered, "Mahalakshmi.. my Arjun's Mahalakshmi."Kunti was too happy. Then Krishnaa walked on the rice and then on the alta plate, leaving the footsteps of Mahalakshmi behind. Arjun walked behind her, watching her trail the signs of her love, trust, sense of responsibility and thousands of other qualities through the gateway of his life.