Royal Guests

The door had opened again. I looked out the window to notice the sky darken, I must've blanked. 

"Mistress, Queen Dasnya has arrived." The guard spoke. I pushed off the window and stared at my reflection. A reflection that showed a girl who hadn't known of any childhood because it was taken from her. A girl who had been taken advantage of. A girl who is lost behind a shell. I turned and walked to the guard. 

He put his hand on my lower back and escorted me out. The first thing that I noticed when walking down the grand staircase was a voice. A voice I hadn't heard in almost a year. The King's son. Alxander. I froze at the last step and sucked in a breath. I'd know his voice anywhere. 

"Move." The guard barked as he gave me a shove. I threw a glare at him as I continued my way to the waiting room. The guard left me in a room by myself, so he could let the King know of my presence. I squeezed my fingers. A bad habit I had gotten into. At first I used to pick the skin off because the pain felt nice. It had given me something to focus on instead of the hell that I was living.  

The doors in front of me opened and the King walked in to get me. We walked in through the door an came upon Queen Dasnya herself. She was a little shorter than me, I was 5'7, where she was 5'5. Her hair was braided endlessly down her back and her crown was glowing. Her robes flared vibrantly with colors. The royal colors of blue, green, and purple went well with her tanned skin. Her grey eyes scanned over me as I approached her. She was exceptionally beautiful, which always troubled me as to why the King wanted me in his quarters. I took another step forward and bowed respectfully. 

"My Queen." I stood and was surprised to see a small smile on her face. She nodded. 

"Mistress." I froze at the sound of his voice. The King looked at me with an amused expression. I turned to my left and came face to face with Alxander O'Siren. He looked as dashing as ever. He stood at 6'3. He wore a beige dress shirt and black pants. His midnight hair was messily arranged to one side as his eyes burned into me. I swallowed as my throat went dry. Alxander hadn't been home in a couple months. No one really knew where he disappeared to, but his 21st birthday was approaching and he would have to take over the Kingdom soon. I jumped when the King gave a hearty laugh. 

"Now Nasya, surely you haven't forgotten your manners." I looked down to the floor as I bowed in front of Alexander.  

"My Prince." I refused to look back him as I stood, but I could feel his gaze on me the entire time.  

"Shall we eat?" The Queen spoke as she headed to her chair. I was about to go to mine when a hand wrapped around my wrist. I looked up and it was King O'Siren. 

"You will not eat." He pulled me over to his chair. "Stand." The King ordered as he sat. I placed my arm over his chair. He usually did this to punish me or to show me off as a token. It took everything in me to keep a straight face. I was burning with anger. I looked over to the Queen and saw a glare directed at King O'Siren.  

"Surely you aren't going to make her stand there while we eat." My eyes widened at her words. Was she helping me? 

"I thought I could admire her better from here." I felt his hand run down the back of my leg. I involuntarily flinched. He noticed and sent a glare my way.  

"Nasya, please take a sit." Her words ringing out with authority. I heard the King sigh and saw a flick of wrist, letting me know I was allowed to sit. I walked around and sat opposite of Alxander. "Thank you, Troy."  

I looked up to see Alxander staring at me intensely. His eyes narrowed at my neck. I tried to hide the mark King O'Siren had given me last night.